Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    Hoster1
    Topics:

I never ask for someone to be added at the Predictions Center, but here I am for the first time: Can, please, Natasha Rothwell be added for The White Lotus? I only ask because I truly honestly believe that she will be nominated and would like to predict her.

Thanks in advance!

Her and Mare Winningham still not being in prediction center have absolutely no justification.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her and Mare Winningham still not being in prediction center have absolutely no justification.

This! I still don’t get why we’re not able to predict a 2 time Emmy winner and 7 time nominee who his at the top of the ballot for half these voters for a top tier series contender. There are people in the predictions centre with much less.

Profile picture
    Dynasty86
    Topics:

I never ask for someone to be added at the Predictions Center, but here I am for the first time: Can, please, Natasha Rothwell be added for The White Lotus? I only ask because I truly honestly believe that she will be nominated and would like to predict her.

Thanks in advance!

Hard agree with all of this!

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Another vote for adding Natasha Rothwell to the predictions center. She shares practically all of her scenes with frontrunner Jennifer Coolidge, so for that reason alone, voters will be watching her too.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

It doesn’t matter much but Daisy Edgar Jones and Sebastian Stan just got nominated at the HCA Mid Year Film Awards for Fresh.

For a film award, their lead actress nominees were really Emmy heavy, considering two of DEJ’s fellow nominees are Ortega (“The Fallout”) and Thompson (“Leo Grande”).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For a film award, their lead actress nominees were really Emmy heavy, considering two of DEJ’s fellow nominees are Ortega (“The Fallout”) and Thompson (“Leo Grande”).

Honestly I think I’m just going to die on the predicting Ortega hill, largely based on thinking maybe it picked up Euphoria demo. I am probably off base but she’s great in it and it wouldn’t be undeserved.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think what helps Ortega is the built in visibility she has from the HBO brand. If The Fallout was on any other server like say Hulu she’d need voters to be actively seeking out her film to stand a chance but with it being on HBO Max some people will just watch it for the sake of it being readily available to them and having the cachet of the HBO brand (which is something that its performance with online metrics would suggest).

I’m not going to predict her because it’s a TV movie but I don’t think her getting nominated is impossible if the field really ends up being as scattered as it is in the predictions centre. The HBO of it all is partly why I’m not counting out Colman too and don’t think it’s impossible for Station Eleven to randomly show up with an acting nomination.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think what helps Ortega is the built in visibility she has from the HBO brand. If The Fallout was on any other server like say Hulu she’d need voters to be actively seeking out her film to stand a chance but with it being on HBO Max some people will just watch it for the sake of it being readily available to them and having the cachet of the HBO brand (which is something that its performance with online metrics would suggest).

Yep. I’ve only got two people in my predictions that are really low on the predictions and at the end of the day we all know this is a year where almost all prognosticators have thrown up their hands anyway so why not go for some long shots (the other one is Danielle Brooks for Peacemaker). But they are still both well seen content on HBOMax. My issue is more the who is watching

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Yep. I’ve only got two people in my predictions that are really low on the predictions and at the end of the day we all know this is a year where almost all prognosticators have thrown up their hands anyway so why not go for some long shots (the other one is Danielle Brooks for Peacemaker). But they are still both well seen content on HBOMax. My issue is more the who is watching

Are you also predicting Ben Foster then?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

My issue is more the who is watching

I think that’s a very big question indeed with Peacemaker.

The Fallout is an interesting one because it has buzz and Ortega definitely has a lot of individual buzz right now but I can’t help but wonder whether her buzz is very industry focused or very Film Twitter focused? She’s definitely a rising star in the industry and she’ll get a lot of mainstream attention (regardless of awards) from Wednesday but it’s hard to tell how much she’s on the radar of these industry voters. Then again the same could have been said for Zendaya a few years ago.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Are you also predicting Ben Foster then?

No, even though I have a lot of time for the performance. I actually have three HBO guys (Firth, Isaac, and I’m going to wager on Himesh Patel – I actually feel like Station Eleven will do quite well). I don’t buy the narrative on Foster as it applies to an unlimited ballot (if it were restricted, I might feel differently).

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Fallout is an interesting one because it has buzz and Ortega definitely has a lot of individual buzz right now but I can’t help but wonder whether her buzz is very industry focused or very Film Twitter focused?

I think the Ortega hype is real, although it’s mostly contained to younger types and horror fans. It’s not necessarily built on her celebrity persona or whatever (something that’s harder to decipher with other ex-child stars like Zendaya or Selena Gomez). She’s never out of work so I would imagine there’s a degree of industry focus. But yeah to an extent, it’s a wildcard.

Profile picture
    Anna Delvey
    Topics:

@ChrisBeachum

It’s getting very frustrating that we cannot predict Natasha Rothwell for The White Lotus. People have been bringing her up for months now, yet you refuse to add her although we all see that you read these forums as you recently made a comment in the comedy one. You’ve added Steve Zahn but not her. It’ll be a bad look for this site if she gets nominated and you didn’t add her despite frequent requests. Please add her!!

Profile picture
    boss
    Topics:

I think the most locked in winner out of all categories is Jennifer Coolidge.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I think the most locked in winner out of all categories is Jennifer Coolidge.

I’d say Keaton is equally locked as winner.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 226 through 240 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.