Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think the most locked in winner out of all categories is Jennifer Coolidge.

The way there could be 4 nominees from The White Lotus in her category and she’d still probably win…

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The way there could be 4 nominees from The White Lotus in her category and she’d still probably win…

Interesting because this is the one factor that makes me think she’s not locked for the win. All it will take is for another one of the nominees to get some momentum behind them if Coolidge is up against 2 or more co-stars

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Interesting because this is the one factor that makes me think she’s not locked for the win. All it will take is for another one of the nominees to get some momentum behind them if Coolidge is up against 2 or more co-stars

It’s not impossible but I think the scattered nature of the field rectifies the potential internal competition Coolidge could face. Each of the other contenders in this category are fighting to get nominated whilst that isn’t a hurdle Coolidge faces so for any of them to be able to develop momentum I think we’d need a post nominations landscape where The White Lotus is essentially an also ran in the limited series race whilst say something like Dopesick is miles ahead of its competition (both of which are of course entirely plausible) and Coolidge ends up becoming say the Patricia Clarkson of this cycle and Dopesick (or Maid or whatever ends up being the far and away series frontrunner, if we have one) ends up being strong enough that it manages to pull of supporting upsets for its secondary supporting players.

I guess what I meant more with my comment though was that I don’t think internal competition is something Coolidge has to worry about as she’s established herself as the favourite of The White Lotus supporting women. It’s obviously not a perfect comparison but her position reminds me of Gillian Anderson’s in the regard that her support is stronger than her show’s which isn’t really the case with each of her supporting cast members. Connie Britton, Alexandra Daddario, Natasha Rothwell and Sydney Sweeney all deliver performances that have their own fans but I think it’s more likely that they cannibalise their own votes than eat into Coolidge’s as I imagine those voting for them would probably be checking off The White Lotus in series which I don’t think would necessarily be the case with those voting for Coolidge.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I feel like Coolidge is probably winning unless like Wolfali said, there’s a very specific set of nominees that disadvantage her and/or I’m not even sure who that would be. No one has emerged post-winter awards particularly strong.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Jennifer Coolidge is so ahead everyone else that even if TWL pulls out 4 Supporting Actresses, she’ll pull a Brett Goldstein IMO.

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Coolidge winning will be a nice moment because she’s been around for so long and has never been recognized but I can’t say I’m that excited about it, even though I am a fan. Dever blows her out of the water, tbh. I also prefer Daddario if we’re talking about performances from the same show that are competing in the same category.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Coolidge winning will be a nice moment because she’s been around for so long and has never been recognized but I can’t say I’m that excited about it, even though I am a fan. Dever blows her out of the water, tbh. I also prefer Daddario if we’re talking about performances from the same show that are competing in the same category.

You basically took every word from my mouth lmao.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

How confident do we feel about Bartlett winning? Is there anyone you guys can see winning over him?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

How confident do we feel about Bartlett winning? Is there anyone you guys can see winning over him?

I don’t think he’s a lock but the only person I can see potentially winning over him is Naveen Andrews and that’s if they really go all out for The Dropout and don’t really take to The White Lotus.

I don’t see anyone else really standing a chance because I feel like any of the other nominees would more or less be filler? The fact that Bartlett still seems to have a tonne of industry momentum and buzz right now aside their just doesn’t feel like any buzz for most of the other contenders here.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Bartlett is giving default winner at this point, even though I think he’s amazing in the show and would be deserving. I just always figured someone would come along and steal his front runner status because it didn’t feel like a typical Emmy winning performance. It didn’t happen though and I don’t see any of the potential nominees being strong enough to upset.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I don’t see anyone else really standing a chance because I feel like any of the other nominees would more or less be filler? The fact that Bartlett still seems to have a tonne of industry momentum and buzz right now aside their just doesn’t feel like any buzz for most of the other contenders here.

I tend to think Bartlett is the frontrunner unless nominations fall unexpectedly.

Naveen makes sense if they go all in on the Dropout I guess. I don’t think any of the supporting guys from Dopesick can win, though they can get nominated.

The one other person who seems to have passion is Matthew Goode for The Offer, but I think that would need to overperform to the extent of getting a series nom so people went out of their way to watch it if they hadn’t already.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Well unless Seyfried wins Actress and brings along Andrews for the ride (which is a very logical argument I might add), I think he’s safe although this category is so “perfect” for an upset in ways I can’t describe.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Very confident. Nobody from this calendar year has come along to actually challenge him with that magic combination of a standout good performance, in a seen show, that’s actually liked.

For a while I thought Rogen could be the one to leap frog him but his show dropped like a lead balloon after episode 3 and for those who stuck with it, his character became the increasingly lesser of the main trio.

Maybe (big maybe) either Andrews or Robinson can too if Seyfried or Qualley win, they can pull them along, similar to how Kidman, King & Winslet did for Skarsgard, Abdul-Manteen II & Peters).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Emmy nomination voting is over. What are your final predictions for noms in this category? Heres my top 3 in each

Predictions for top 3 in each category.
    (In no order)

Series
    Dopesick, The White Lotus, The Dropout

Actor
    Keaton, Firth, Isaac (SFAM)

Actress
    Seyfried, Qualley, Chastain

Supporting Actor
    Bartlett, Andrews, Saarsgard

Supporting Actress (YES these three)
    Coolidge, Dawson/Dever (can’t decide), Metcalf

Writing
    Maid, The White Lotus, The Dropout

Directing
    The White Lotus, Station Eleven, Dopesick

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 241 through 255 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.