Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Emmy nomination voting is over. What are your final predictions for noms in this category? Heres my top 3 in each

SERIES

1. Dopesick
    2. The White Lotus
    3. Maid

MOVIE

1. Ray Donovan: The Movie
    2. The Survivor
    3. The Fallout

ACTRESS

1. Qualley
    2. Seyfried
    3. Garner

ACTOR

1. Keaton
    2. Garfield
    3. Firth

SUP. ACTOR

1. Bartlett
    2. Zahn
    3. Andrews

SUP. ACTRESS

1. Coolidge
    2. Britton
    3. Dever

DIRECTING

1. Dopesick
    2. White Lotus
    3. Station Eleven

WRITING

1. Maid
    2. The White Lotus
    3. Dopesick / Station Eleven

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Who are you all predicting as your series winner?

At this point, I think I’m going to go with Dopesick. Whilst I don’t think it’s the most exciting winner of all time, the words I keep coming back to are”sturdy” and “solid” and “respectable”.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Emmy nomination voting is over. What are your final predictions for noms in this category? Heres my top 3 in each

1. Series: Maid, The White Lotus, Dopesick
    2. Directing: The White Lotus, Station Eleven, Dopesick
    3. Writing: Maid, The White Lotus, Station Eleven
    4. Actress: Qualley, Seyfried, Roberts
    5. Actor: Keaton, Firth, Jackson
    6. Supporting Actress: Coolidge, MacDowell, Rose
    7. Supporting Actor: Bartlett, Saarsgard, Robinson

Series: The White Lotus, Dopesick, Maid
    Directing: Dopesick, The White Lotus, Maid
    Writing: The White Lotus, Maid, Dopesick
    Actress: Qualley, Seyfried, Collette
    Actor: Keaton, Firth, Garfield
    Supporting Actress: Coolidge, Britton, Metcalf
    Supporting Actor: Bartlett, Macy, Andrews

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Who are you all predicting as your series winner? At this point, I think I’m going to go with Dopesick. Whilst I don’t think it’s the most exciting winner of all time, the words I keep coming back to are”sturdy” and “solid” and “respectable”.

I’m not really predicting a series winner at this stage although at the moment I have The White Lotus in first in my predictions because it seems to have the most consensus (it’s the most widely seen series, has the most guild nominations and is the most critically acclaimed). Although Dopesick or Maid over-performing on nominations morning would tempt me to switch (I think both benefit from being the “urgent” choices of the field and the latter has arguably become more socially important with current events).

Profile picture
    wilfredpickles
    Topics:

As other people have said, nominations will be the biggest deciding factor for me but I’m currently predicting The White Lotus to win the same awards as Godless (2 supporting categories and one for music).

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

I think we might be underestimating Anna Chlumsky (Inventing Anna) for a nomination. She’s a six-time Emmy nominee and in one of the most widely seen contenders of this awards cycle. I’m not currently predicting her, but I wouldn’t be surprised if she turns up. Plus the category is so open, the only person I would say is absolutely a lock is Jennifer Coolidge.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

There would need to be a strong alternative vote to Jennifer Coolidge, and I’m not seeing that even from her co-stars. When this aired, I thought at most Britton would also get a name-check, but now, I could plausibly see a third or even fourth nomination for a combination of Daddario/Sweeney/Rothwell. (Again, please add Natasha Rothwell to the predictions center. She shares practically all of her scenes with Coolidge for exposure, and it would be both the definition of a coattail yet much-deserved nomination.) Currently predicting three, but I don’t think any of them will cannibalize votes away from Coolidge. The worst scenario would be if somehow Coolidge is snubbed, b/c someone’s gonna be the Ethan Hawke/Nicole Kidman/Bill Camp/Marielle Heller of the year, and I can’t quite tell who that will be yet. Regardless, Coolidge will be one of my all-time favorite Emmy wins if she pulls it off. Surviving fourteen months to win her first Emmy! Ur favs could never…

Profile picture
    boolbameroon
    Topics:

I think Qualley/Bartlett are probably winning but I’m going to be rooting for Seyfreid/Andrews till the very end.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The race will be done and dusted in Coolidge’s favour if Natasha Rothwell gets nominated.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The worst scenario would be if somehow Coolidge is snubbed, b/c someone’s gonna be the Ethan Hawke/Nicole Kidman/Bill Camp/Marielle Heller of the year, and I can’t quite tell who that will be yet.

I get what you mean by this but the Coolidge comparison to these four is a bit off. The four all had cracks in the armour that made their eventual snubs predictable, whilst Coolidge is pretty unimpeachable right now.

Hawke missing CC of all places and being on Showtime; Kidman being overshadowed by her co-star, on a panned show that HBO dumped once they got to IMDY & Mare; Camp & Heller having so little material compared to their nominated co-stars who’s entire screentime is tied to the lead.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I believe Kate Winslet was THE reason Nicole Kidman wasn’t nominated. I think she’d have made it in if it wasn’t for Mare.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Jennifer Coolidge is not getting snubbed when she’s essentially the spiritual lead of her show.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Was Kidman even a snub for The Undoing tho?

FYC:

All things Succession, Severance, Ted Lasso, The Great and The White Lotus! Also, Colin Firth and Janelle James while you're at it.

Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

The supporting field is so barren that the unpredictability is exciting. I am assume we might get veterans showing up that the Academy absolutely love! Margo Martindale and Edie Falco? A huge possibility. Sarah Paulson? Why not. Anna Chlumsky? Duh.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I get what you mean by this but the Coolidge comparison to these four a bit off. The four all had cracks in the armour that made their eventual snubs predictable, whilst Coolidge is pretty unimpeachable right now.

Hawke missing CC of all places and being on Showtime; Kidman being overshadowed by her co-star, on a panned show that HBO dumped once they got to IMDY & Mare; Camp & Heller having so little material compared to their nominated co-stars who’s entire screentime is tied to the lead.

I’m only saying that a major Emmy snub or snubs will occur this year like always. It most likely won’t be Coolidge, but stranger things have happened before. She’s still in a “divisive” dramedy that aired last summer and didn’t sweep the winter awards. The latter could work in Coolidge’s favor though, if voters aren’t in a rubber-stampy mood this cycle. Camp had little material, but that wasn’t the case with Heller. She had ample screentime and shared many scenes with ATJ, which kept her in frontrunner status leading up to nominations.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.