Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    stilloverit
    Topics:

I’m predicting Paulson currently- I definitely would not be surprised if she missed, but I feel like she’d be such an easy name check especially due to her domination in ACS1. I personally think she’d be very deserving too, Impeachment was far from perfect but I really liked her as Tripp.

FYC: Abbott Elementary, Squid Games, Ozark, and The White Lotus in every category

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Under the banner talk has made the top 20 threads for this week on /r/television. The only miniseries to make it. At the right time too.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

Everything I said about Yellowjackets winter awards in the drama thread goes doubly for Station Eleven. They aired the first episodes on December 16th and finished airing on January 13th. Pretty much during the voting period of most of the guilds. The directing nomination is fucking incredible when you think about it.

Hiro Murai would get nominated for a late night advertisement for a set of steak knives. He might be a name check, or he might be a pull to watch the rest of the show.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

This is just his second DGA nomination and he has been snubbed in the past for stuff like Barry. He can hardly be considered a namecheck.

Profile picture
    MrAmerica
    Topics:

I’m predicting Paulson currently- I definitely would not be surprised if she missed, but I feel like she’d be such an easy name check especially due to her domination in ACS1. I personally think she’d be very deserving too, Impeachment was far from perfect but I really liked her as Tripp.

I’m predicting Paulson, Feldstein, Owen, Falco AND Series. While I understand if folks think that’s excessive, I just don’t think they’re going to go from giving the show the Series Emmy twice to having the third season drop off completely. They will definitely have watched the show, and all four performances are genuinely very good (especially the 2 leads, who are in a barren category). Something to think about.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

This is just his second DGA nomination and he has been snubbed in the past for stuff like Barry. He can hardly be considered a namecheck.

I was talking about his multiple Emmy nominations and Grammy wins. He’s the buzziest television director working, bar none.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I was talking about his multiple Emmy nominations and Grammy wins. He’s the buzziest television director working, bar none.

But we were talking specifically about the DGA in the context of him and Station Eleven…

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s probably an unpopular opinion but I think the finale of Station Eleven is more likely to be nominated for directing than Murai’s pilot on the virtue of it being the writing submission.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I’ll be happy with any episode getting into directing. Station Eleven is my favorite limited series since Fargo season 2.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I’m a little confused, are we getting five Limited Series nominees or six?

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I’m a little confused, are we getting five Limited Series nominees or six?

I think five no? I think it needs to have around 80 submissions or something to have six slots, but the submissions were around 60.

Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

But he has only ONE Emmy nomination for directing (the same one that he had for DGA before Station Eleven) “Teddy Perkins” for Atlanta. He also has 2 Emmy noms as producer of Atlanta, so 3 in total, which is not a lot honestly. And he has 1 Grammy win for directing “This Is America”. You are overselling him.

I’m predicting Paulson, Feldstein, Owen, Falco AND Series. While I understand if folks think that’s excessive, I just don’t think they’re going to go from giving the show the Series Emmy twice to having the third season drop off completely. They will definitely have watched the show, and all four performances are genuinely very good (especially the 2 leads, who are in a barren category). Something to think about.

What? Emmy nominees Margaret Qualley and Jessica Biel, Oscar nominee Amanda Seyfried, Oscar winners Renée Zellweger and Jessica Chastain, Oscar winner and Emmy nominee Julia Roberts, Oscar and Emmy winners Viola Davis, Anne Hathaway and Olivia Colman, Oscar nominee and Emmy winner Toni Collette, Oscar and Emmy nominee Michelle Pfeiffer, multiple Emmy winners and darlings Gillian Anderson, Claire Foy, Julia Garner and Claire Danes, the astonishingly talented Lily James, Elle Fanning, Mackenzie Davis and Isabel May. A bunch of huge stars from the flop “Roar” and Oscar and Emmy winner Julianne Moore are also in.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

But he has only ONE Emmy nomination for directing (the same one that he had for DGA before Station Eleven) “Teddy Perkins” for Atlanta. He also has 2 Emmy noms as producer of Atlanta, so 3 in total, which is not a lot honestly. And he has 1 Grammy win for directing “This Is America”. You are overselling him.

People look at his IMDB and see he has three Emmy nominations but for forget he is a producer on Atlanta.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

What? Emmy nominees Margaret Qualley and Jessica Biel, Oscar nominee Amanda Seyfried, Oscar winners Renée Zellweger and Jessica Chastain, Oscar winner and Emmy nominee Julia Roberts, Oscar and Emmy winners Viola Davis, Anne Hathaway and Olivia Colman, Oscar nominee and Emmy winner Toni Collette, Oscar and Emmy nominee Michelle Pfeiffer, multiple Emmy winners and darlings Gillian Anderson, Claire Foy, Julia Garner and Claire Danes, the astonishingly talented Lily James, Elle Fanning, Mackenzie Davis and Isabel May. A bunch of huge stars from the flop “Roar” and Oscar and Emmy winner Julianne Moore are also in.

I think they meant barren in a different way, outside of Qualley & Seyfried, any combination of performers could make it in.

If for example, the nominated six turned out to be

V. Davis
    Collette
    James
    Qualley
    Seyfried
    Zellweger

or

Chastain
    M. Davis
    Foy
    Pfeiffer
    Qualley
    Seyfried

and our reactions to both could “yep, that makes sense how this six happened.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Limited Series is just so insane this year, I could see so many crazy scenarios happening beyond White Lotus, Dopesick & Maid getting into Series (which feel like safe bets). I could see really appalling things like Inventing Anna/Jennifer Garner getting in. I could see the absolutely horrific scenario of Viola Davis getting namechecked and getting in over Michelle Pfeiffer or other much more deserving candidates. I really think there will be some real headscratchers in these categories on nominations morning.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 346 through 360 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.