Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

She is a seven time nominee with two wins, both in this category. Her ballot placement and emmy history alone make her a decent possibility imo.

Omg that is embarrassing. Will teach me to actually do some research even when I’m just scrambling for random potentials to mention. I could have sworn she hadn’t been nommed for anything in like 20 years. Hilarious.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTRESS

9. Rosario Dawson – If Dopesick really is our leader, it is most likely to benefit from the unlimited ballot. Dawson just doesn’t seem like an Emmy nominee to me though given her career choices thus far. This kind of split field tends to favour character actors which just doesn’t really apply.

Her character is so rootable and basically the good guy of the show, I think she should be in if it is really the series winner. She’s also campaigning which only helps.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

She is a seven time nominee with two wins, both in this category. Her ballot placement and emmy history alone make her a decent possibility imo.

Also just Tony-nominated for “Girl from the North Country” and clearly enjoying a career resurgence.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The toughest category of the year.

LIMITED SUPPORTING ACTOR

1. Murray Bartlett – Surely secure.

————————–

2. Naveen Andrews – Good reviews, ballot placement and is at least a previous nominee. Still wouldn’t be surprised if he missed as Seyfried has taken so much of the attention for that show.

————————–

3 and 4. Michael Stuhlbarg (The Staircase), Michael Stuhlbarg (Dopesick) – I’ve popped him in twice because I feel semi confident he’s at least getting in for one of them I just have no idea which and do feel like there’s a possibility he gets in for both. Dopesick is a bigger show but Staircase seems to be the flashier performance. I really should just pick one but I’ll be too gutted if it’s the wrong one.

————————–

5. Wyatt Russell – Have heard good things about his performance and I think he fits the brand of what tends to make it in lately. The question of whether not his show has been widely enjoyed it less of a concern in a category spread so thin. If he does actually have any passion behind him, I’m guessing he makes it?

————————–

6. Nick Robinson – This one unsettles me because I can see Emmy voters not taking him seriously. Equally, this category has begun skewing younger in recent years with all of last year’s nominees under 40. Mostly though I think he plays such a major role in a likely across-the-board nominated series that his chances of recognition are surely increased.

7. Peter Saarsgard – It just makes sense for Dopesick, my predicted frontrunner, to benefit from the barren category. And, unlike Mare Winningham, Saarsgard is an actor who really is overdue a bit of industry recognition! The miss for The Looming Tower feels notable though. Could easily be convinced to drop him.

————————–

8. Matthew Goode – I have seen nothing but passion for this performance. All it will take is for enough voters to have seen it and I’d say he’s in. I remain sceptical though as I think The Offer probably debuted just slightly too late to build much momentum whilst on a newer streaming service.

9. Will Poulter – An amalgamation of what I’ve said about Dopesick and about them starting to skew younger. Would fit the Brodie-Sangster vibe. “Slap the stud” vibes as well though. Feels like someone I may put in at the last minute and regret it.

10. William H. Macy – I think what is sometimes forgotten when people point out his nomination for Shameless last year is that it’s not just a nom for Macy it’s a nom for his performance in that specific show. Of course voters won’t have seen the final season but what they had seen, knowing he was good, was what they voted for him on I imagine. In this way, I apprehensive to predict him for a series he was only in half of. Also, is The Dropout really strong enough to get double nominations?

————————–

11. Steve Zahn – Like everyone else, tempted to predict because of the ballot placement. But ultimately I don’t think anyone cares about this performance. So it’s hard to justify voters picking him just because he’s right there. If anything I wonder if the opposite could be true, where voters skip past him thinking they’ll come back to him if they can’t find many great options. It would show The White Lotus to be truly competitive for series so I hope he makes it.

12. Jake Lacy – I love this performance but so many have just not engaged with it because of the character he plays. Think he only gets in on a truly amazing day for TWL or if voters decide to be truly discerning (we can pray).

————————–

13. Clive Owen – Pretty big name playing Bill Clinton. Again, just depends if they got round to showing any interest in it.

14. Tim McGraw – Anything’s possible and it’s supposedly quite a showy performance (can you tell how few Limited Series I’ve been drawn to this year?). Middle of the ballot makes it harder to support.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

I did the same as you – watched the first two episodes on release and found it quite sluggish and stopped.

I’ve picked it up again this weekend from episode 3 onwards and I have been HOOKED from that third ep.

I’m very cold on Dopesick though. It just didn’t connect with me at all and I found it quite dull.

Yeah, felt exactly like that during the first two episodes, but I did not waited like you and I watched two more yesterday. Anda again, we matched, I also believe that episodes 3 and 4 are on a much higher level. Still, I am not in love with the show yet, but I do enjoy it now. Naveen Andrews gets better and better with each episode and Amanda es truly a revelations. A do adore Dopesick though.

Currently watching Dopesick and I’m enjoying it more than I thought that I would. Probably an unpopular opinion but Dawson is the mvp to me. Dever is great but I feel like it’s basically the same performance she did on Unbelievable with the addition of being a drug addict. Which of course, doesn’t mean her performance isn’t good, but her acting choices just appear predictable. Also Keaton is supporting not lead.

Well, we are two, I also thought that Dawson is the MVP, she ate all of her scenes and what an outstanding character she played. I also agree with you that Keaton feels supporting, he only feels as lead in the last 3 episodes. I do think that Dever was terrific, but not as much as Dawson.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

LIMITED ACTOR

11. Miles Teller – If the series breaks through.

I actually think he’s got more positives working in his favour than a lot of the other contenders in his category.

• He’s on a show about the industry (how many people in the academy knew Al Ruddy?)
    • The Offer is more popular and liked by audiences/viewers than initial critics reception.
    • Shares numerous with the Goode whom is predicted by some.
    • Dedicates to voice alteration (i.e. visibly capital A acting, it’s partially the reason why Seyfried is her category frontrunner).
    • He was key supporting player in thee cultural phenomenon of the year (Top Gun) that just happened to peak during the voting period. Similar to how Black Panther helped Letitia Wright for Black Mirror, I think they same could be beneficiary for Teller.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

A Nick Robinson snub unfortunately feels painfully possible, and that would just break my heart.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I have finally put SFAM in series, with Chastain and Isaac getting in too. They are two of the hottest people in the world and their Venice red carpet moment went truly viral, even outshining her Oscar win, which was selfishly stolen and overshadowed by Will Smith.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    Thiago
    Topics:

I just finished UTBOH, and I think people are grossly under-predicting it. The fact that it came out right before the deadline gives it a lot of recency, and on top of that (I’m saying this as someone who lives in the US), it’s very relevant in terms of the political division that’s going on in the United States right now. There were a lot of things within it that I thought connected very deeply to everything going on with the idea of church vs. state and extremism in the US right now. And although the episodes are long and slow-burn (7 episodes that span over about 4 days), they’re super eerie and intriguing and frankly the most terrifying things I’ve watched in a while. Plus, it stirred up its fair share of buzz with its criticisms of and from Mormonism. Also, Garfield is phenomenal in it, Edgar-Jones is great, Wyatt Russell is terrific, and Gil Birmingham is somehow completely out of the conversation despite being excellent. The production values were frankly fantastic imo, and I think many people who have seen it would definitely check it off for nominations.

I don’t live in the US and didn’t know those issues were being discussed now, the whole taxes thing seems like a 1800 discussion to me, but is that something that is going to interest emmy voters, especially with the number of limited series released this year?

I had the show and Russell for most of the season, but took them out yesterday, leaving only Garfield, cause I just couldn’t go past the three first episodes and, honestly, don’t think most voters will.

That said, those three last spots seem completely open, there are like ten shows that could get in and it wouldn’t be a shock.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m about to finish Pam & Tommy and why on earth Hulu submitted Stan as Lead?!?! He’s not a lead on the show. The only proper lead character is Pamela, the entire story is from her (and sometimes Rand) perspective.

Both Stan and Rogen are Supporting and Stan would have been a safe nominee there instead of being in the danger zone as Lead. He could easily miss.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

I’m about to finish Pam & Tommy and why on earth Hulu submitted Stan as Lead?!?! He’s not a lead on the show. The only proper lead character is Pamela, the entire story is from her (and sometimes Rand) perspective.

Both Stan and Rogen are Supporting and Stan would have been a safe nominee there instead of being in the danger zone as Lead. He could easily miss.

But the show is called “Pam and Tommy”… Also, I did felt that he is lead when I watched it (I watched it weekly, so maybe you are more objective than me), but still, it would be strange for him to go supporting.

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I’m about to finish Pam & Tommy and why on earth Hulu submitted Stan as Lead?!?! He’s not a lead on the show. The only proper lead character is Pamela, the entire story is from her (and sometimes Rand) perspective. Both Stan and Rogen are Supporting and Stan would have been a safe nominee there instead of being in the danger zone as Lead. He could easily miss.

Thank you!! I’ve been saying! He was arguably lead the first couple episodes then felt clearly supporting to me. Supporting Actor is wide open and not that I’m expecting him to be competitive for Fresh but putting him there also avoids him competing against himself. Don’t understand why they didn’t.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

If voters only watch the first episodes, he has a nice chance for the nom. He makes quite an entrance in Episode 1 and Episode 2 gave him a lot of material (most people will remember the whole bathroom scene). Also, it’s nice seeing Tommy being a massive a**hole in the first episode and then his stupidly-in-love self in the next one, it gave Stan a sense of versatility in the show. Then he becomes a supporting player to Lily’s Pamela.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

Having watched 6 out 8 episodes of The Dropout, I cannot understand why Stephen Fry is not in the prediction center… Was he summited? He is terrific and shows a vast register of emotions, plays against the type and his story is heartbreaking. He can totally make it in.

Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

Finished The White Lotus today and definitely adored Coolidge & Bartlett!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.