Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Having watched 6 out 8 episodes of The Dropout, I cannot understand why Stephen Fry is not in the prediction center… Was he summited? He is terrific and shows a vast register of emotions, plays against the type and his story is heartbreaking. He can totally make it in.

He was submitted. He hasn’t done active promotion, but then neither has Macy. I think people are underestimating his visibility and familiarity though – most people in their 60s don’t have 12 million Twitter followers.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

A Nick Robinson snub unfortunately feels painfully possible, and that would just break my heart.

I sadly never had him. As forwardswill said he might not be taken seriously and his character is unlikeable. Maid isn’t really showing strong signs of passion unfortunately so I think at this point it’s likelier only Qualley gets in rather than she brings all Robinson, Macdowell and Rose with her. I do have Andie still, but like most people I wouldn’t be surprised at all if she misses aswell. I hope I’m wrong as I really loved Maid.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

I think the mother/daughter novelty safely brings in Andie MacDowell along with Margaret Qualley, not solely as a coattail, but on actual performance. I never considered predicting one without the other one too. Nick Robinson though, I could totally see snubbed and wouldn’t be surprised.

Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

I’ve now watched half of Dopesick and…is this the limited seres frontrunner? It confirms this year “weak” field…of course not weak in terms of number of contenders but in terms of real standouts…no Queen’s Gambit or Mare, Chernobyl or Wathcman let’s say!

Maybe with the other 4 episodes I’ll change my mind but I’m a bit disappointed…

The tone of the show and the overall quality…I found it very similiar to The Dropout. And both series should have had less episode.

So far for the performances I would not consider anyone but Keaton and Dever.

Keaton is really good but due the competition I would not call him a lock…

At this point my personal pick for limited series is still Maid.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Maid, Lotus and Dopesick are the most underwhelming top 3 in years, especially Lotus and Dopesick. Really expected more from them. Maid was exactly what I expected. I wish Mare or I May Destroy You were released this year, they would have swept.

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

If Amazon held The Underground Railroad for another month, they’d probably be winning.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

If Amazon held The Underground Railroad for another month, they’d probably be winning.

If they’d held it for another year I’d agree, but there’s no way a show like that would have held buzz for a year.

Profile picture
    Mister Gaga
    Topics:

Juliette Binoche (The Staircase) for Supporting Actress, thoughts anyone? Anyone have her in their 7?

Profile picture
    CarlosEdu
    Topics:

Juliette Binoche (The Staircase) for Supporting Actress, thoughts anyone? Anyone have her in their 7?

I have her in #5 but at same time I think she could miss and it would be very sad bacause she’s amazing and deserves a nomination (even a win, for me).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At this point I’d be shocked if Juliette Binoche gets in (as deserving as she is) because her chances are directly dependant on voters having finished The Staircase in full. If you’ve only seen around 3 or 4 episodes of the show you’d be forgiven for not even remembering that she’s in the show considering she’s essentially nothing more than a cameo in the first half of the show (and not even a glorified one). Likewise whilst she is quite narratively prominent in the second half of the show that was the aspect of it that was met with a much more muted and even in some instances polarising response so I’m not sure if many voters would even check off Toni Collette in lead if they weren’t so enthusiastic about it by the end.

She’s obviously a very respected Academy Award winning actress so she’s obviously not one to be ruled out but I feel like her getting in would suggest The Staircase is a much stronger contender than we’re predicting it to be and I find it hard to justify predicting that with how its buzz nosedived.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The thing with Binoche is that her showcase is in the latter half, and that has proven to be a problem in recent times. Also, a lot of people dropped The Staircase because the second half is inferior to the first, so there’s a chance voters didn’t even notice her in the show.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 11 posts - 496 through 506 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.