Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Anne Hathaway stans constantly going through it. Can she get do a project where she’s not the only good thing about it again? It’s been years of this I’m exhausted.

What was her last overall good project? Colossal? Maybe Ocean’s 8 (a delightful popcorn pictures, Modern Love as a whole can be extremely hit-or-miss but her episode was simply outstanding.

Profile picture
    Ivo Stoyanov
    Topics:

What was her last overall good project?

For the biggest part of the world that was Interstellar in 2014. And for some cinephiles The Intern in 2015. It has been 7 years…

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

With Toni Collette inexplicably submitted Lead what do people make of chances of the supporting actress of The Staircase? Juliette Binoche is the only one with higher than 100/1 odds in the predictions center, I’m personally only predicting Parker Posey, and there’s Rosemary DeWitt and Sophie Turner as well (though they’re both missing from the predictions center).

I just have Binoche in currently (although, I wouldn’t say it’s the strongest of my predictions).

I do however have a long held belief the GoT cast are very prone to follow up noms (as any juggernaut is), and Turner has been doing disproportionate press to her role, if you aren’t watching, you’d think she was third billed. I won’t predict her, but I wouldn’t be shocked, especially with the spin-off news drop almost perfectly coinciding with voting.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

None of the cast members of The Staircase will be nominated unless voters have actually seen the show and for those who have seen Firth, Collette and Binoche are essentially the trio anyone would consider. The rest of the cast would get in only if voters are huge for the show. Michael Stuhlbarg’s character is the second most important character in the original documentary but he almost completely disappears in the second half of the show.

I don’t think that would be much of a problem imo because I doubt half of the voters would have gone beyond the first few episodes or finished the show.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

What was her last overall good project? Colossal? Maybe Ocean’s 8 (a delightful popcorn pictures, Modern Love as a whole can be extremely hit-or-miss but her episode was simply outstanding.

Loved her in Modern Love and Ocean’s 8 gave what it needed to give. The Intern was delightful. But the last project she did that was a strong project and actually utilizing her talents was … a while ago. After the Les Mis win she kinda hit the cruise button.

I dunno how much I’ll like Armageddon Time but I love Gray and it was nice to see her sign onto something like that again. I hope Mother’s Instinct is good.

Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

They are going hard for the whole cast of The White Lotus.. on the side of everyone supporting pretty much everyone getting in

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Doing an informal survey of GD TV awards ballots to see if I can glean any information that could help with predicting the Emmy race.

One of my most surprising findings so far is a LOT of votes for Jake Lacy. If people here are giving him a precious space in only three slots, it makes sense that voters might check him off on an unlimited ballot without a second thought. Seems there’s more love for his performance than I’d previously believed.

Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

I voted for Lacy because I’ve seen only a handful of limited series this year, but my thinking is that the show will manage to snag various acting nominations at the Emmys because to me, it seems like the most visible show of the bunch. It’s not a weak year, there are a lot of contenders, but none at the center of attention. Take Hamilton last year. We had great contenders, but because voters didn’t watch a lot of shows or just didn’t care, they went all in for the biggest thing on the ballot.

Since we’re here, please recommend which limited series I shouldn’t miss. I’d love to watch everything, but lately I have aversion towards episodes longer than 45 minutes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Since we’re here, please recommend which limited series I shouldn’t miss. I’d love to watch everything, but lately I have aversion towards episodes longer than 45 minutes.

Time and Under the Banner of Heaven are both quite compelling crime dramas with lots of human conflict at the forefront (the former is also only 3 episodes long). If you’re looking for something a bit swifter and on the lighter side then maybe Love Life? I couldn’t even through the first episode of the first season but I checked out the second because of word of mouth and I wasn’t really feeling that great and I thought it was quite revelatory for its genre. Everything else I’ve seen has more or less been middling to ok. A Very British Scandal is very entertaining (and like Time, a very quick watch) and both Foy and Bettany are excellent per usual. The Girl From Plainville was messy although like A Very British Scandal the acting was top notch (if SAG introduced a limited series ensemble category next year and I was a SAG voter I’d probably check it off).

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I’ve had Lacy in for months. He and Barlett are inextricably linked in The White Lotus.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

To keep with the Emmys, you’d only really need to have seen the big three (Dopesick, Maid & White Lotus) to be fully caught up

For general viewing, I second wolfali’s recommendations, especially Time and Love Life, the latter being the surprise of the year for me.

For other shows:

We Own This City: 55mins in length but only six episodes, worth your time if you like any prior David Simon show. Bernthal is also giving one of the best performances of the year in it.

Landscapers: four 50mins episodes, Thewlis and Colman are incredible. The first two episodes are in a traditional British detective whodunit style but the later two dive into a Lynchian art film-esque which can be jarring totally shift if your not into that style.

Station Eleven: a masterpiece but can be quiet triggering with its flu pandemic recurring themes.

American Horror Story: Double Feature (Red Tide): if you’re looking for something a little more popcorn-y, the first five episodes of this season are genuinely some of the best work the show has ever produced. Ending ambiguous enough to leave the viewer satisfied, especially since the later five episode are atrocious.

1883: haven’t actually seen this but Yellowstone is the perfect “turn off your brain” primetime soap and from what I’ve heard/read, this seems to improve on it.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

I completed The Staircase.It started as a phenomenal show , dropped down a bit in the middle and in the end once again became phenomenal.Firth and Collete would make extremely worthy winners.

Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Eden wrote:

“Gaslit” across-the-board. It’s more than worthy of the time and attention.

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

but lately I have aversion towards episodes longer than 45 minutes.

Preach

Profile picture
    CuriousHedgehog
    Topics:

What does everyone have Station Eleven doing? I’m a bit perplexed on what to do with it.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.