Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
probablyROB
  • Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

What does everyone have Station Eleven doing? I’m a bit perplexed on what to do with it.

Is that the one about pandemics? I have a feeling everyone has covid fatigue (and this includes The Morning Show). Why would you watch that for fun? Ergo, have people seen it? Wild horses couldn’t make me watch it.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

What does everyone have Station Eleven doing? I’m a bit perplexed on what to do with it.

Is that the one about pandemics? I have a feeling everyone has covid fatigue (and this includes The Morning Show). Why would you watch that for fun? Ergo, have people seen it? Wild horses couldn’t make me watch it.

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

All I’m saying is I hope ^this^ doesn’t reflect the minds of Emmy voters.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

I think Station Eleven is far more than just a show About a pandemic. It’s really more about the aftermath of something way worse than covid.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it really just depends on how you interpret its DGA nomination. In theory (and I think this is the same with Yellowjackets) this is a show that could be a major contender that voters have been catching up on in the interim between its release and Emmy nominations voting (if it could already get in over something like Maid at DGA then who is to say it can’t be a series contender?) but we just don’t know if they have.

I’m playing it safe and assuming that voters have caught up on it but that it’s a show that’s disproportionately loved by the technical achievement branches whilst the actors are just a bit colder on it and it misses out on nods in series and with the branch (kind of like Twin Peaks : The Return which I think serves as a nice precedent for a critically adored auteur genre series that’s loved but not loved enough for it to appeal to the masses). We know writers and directors love the between its Scripter and DGA nods and with signs of industry support largely being from creatives of those branches with Academy Award and Emmy nominated pedigrees and it’s a HBO series so whilst I’m not confident in predicting it to get in writing and directing but miss series, I don’t think it’s implausible. I partly also have it in for both those categories just because I’m not too confident in the same writers who rejected series nominees like Little Fires Everywhere, Sharp Objects and Genius in favour of Normal People, A Very English Scandal and American Vandal going all out for all of these true crime series in contention this year.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Paul.wm
    Topics:

Is this the place I go to to ask why Gil Birmingham isn’t listed in the predictions center for Under the Banner of Heaven? I know he’s a long shot, but he absolutely deserves a nomination, his chemistry with Garfield was one of the highlights of the show.

FYC: All things Succession, particularly Kieran Culkin

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Right now I have it for Directing and Writing, plus some craft categories. It’s a well made show, production values were great, and for that I’m expecting love from the Craft categories, but I believe is a show some people find cold and don’t conect easily with it.

Honestly, I wouldn’t be shocked if it gets Directing + Writing + Craft nods or if it gets completely snubbed. None of those scenarios would shock me.

Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I think Station Eleven is far more than just a show About a pandemic. It’s really more about the aftermath of something way worse than covid.

Ok but still why would people watch this for entertainment after 2.5 years of worrying about it? I just don’t see end of days stories being very appealing right now. Escapism like The White Lotus or grounded social commentary like Maid or Dopesick or any given crime story seem more appealing to more people. I just don’t see the appeal in watching the world fall apart while we worry that is.

All I’m asking is, have people watched it.

Profile picture
    probablyROB
    Topics:

Is less about the world falling apart and more about putting it back together after it does. Which I think would appeal to a lot of people post covid. It’s more hopeful than anything. People going into it thinking it’s just a bleak show about a pandemic were misled.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I honestly think it will get zero nominations. Probably a Writing nom.

It’s a combination of a poorly thought release date, a poor marketing by HBO Max and the inevitable fact that the show is not everyone’s cup of tea.

Somerville is not really confident

Profile picture
    Bebe
    Topics:

Why is [Oscar Winner!] Juliette Binoche barely mentioned for “The Staircase?” I thought she was fantastic–and she has an amazing scene in the finale. She ate, tbh.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I don’t think The Offer will be a thing but I wonder if Miles Teller’s visibility right now could help him to geta random nom since this category is barren.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

All I’m asking is, have people watched it.

I’ve just started and am watching slowly, for the pandemic related reasons discussed. However, I’m not American and I feel like I have cognitive dissonance with most of them who seem to have shrugged and relegated the pandemic to a historical event (broad sweeping statement not directed at anyone on the board) so I think they might care less than I think.

Writers loved it and I think people have gotten to it because an obvious Mare type frontrunner hasn’t emerged. So, maybe?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

People have talked about how interesting it will be if Paramount+ manages to break through but what I’m more interested in here is whether Apple has really managed to establish itself as a player who contenders benefit from having shows on their platform due to built in visibility, almost like is currently the case in this landscape with HBO and Netflix. Of course commercially Apple is lagging behind both quite significantly (although I will say that some of their shows like Slow Horses seem to have had a much bigger reach than some of these HBO Max prestige-y series) from those two providers but this is a streaming service that just won Best Picture at the Oscars so I can only imagine there are added industry eyeballs on it right now (especially with how hot off the presses Severance is). Hathaway and/or Danes getting that lone Regina King/Octavia Spencer slot without their shows getting anything else would be huge imo.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    marcus_emn
    Topics:

Hathaway and/or Danes getting that lone Regina King/Octavia Spencer slot without their shows getting anything else would be huge imo.

I don’t know anyone else who has seen it, but Claire Danes is great in The Essex Serpent. She won’t get nominated, but it would be very deserving

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 506 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 13)’ is closed to new replies.