Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 484 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
ejaru1810
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Making a case for Paulson. She’s quickly reduced to being a “name check,” but a surprise nominee all the same that could have easily been snubbed. Former winner, very well-liked by Emmy voters, and the most transformative performance of the field. Without Roberts or the reigning Oscar winner Chastain around, the category’s entirely skippable for me this year, but from the actual nominees, we have two underperformers (Qualley, Seyfried), one borderline supporting (Collette), one overperformer to watch out for (James), one who shouldn’t be nominated (Garner), and Paulson. Yes, I wouldn’t begrudge her a second Emmy win at all, and it’s a strong possibility to consider.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I actually Paulson in 3rd a few weeks ago just because with how divided opinion was on this performance I figured that if you like it enough to nominate it (even without checking off the show for anything else) then you probably like it enough to give it a win but also because I think that some of voters will now seek out the show now she’s been nominated and that could give her a significant boost in this interim period between nominations and the final round of voting.

Right now I think James and Seyfried will be too far ahead for anyone else to take down (and my final prediction will probably be one of them, currently I have the former in 1st) but if there is someone from the wider pool who comes from behind I think Paulson is best placed rather than Garner or Qualley as has previously been discussed in this thread.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Amanda even won the Gold Derby award… it’s over isn’t it

Maid

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If the odds end up going 7 for 7 here…

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I mean, it was a bad year for limited series so it wouldn’t be shocking if they were also the most boring wins of the Emmys night.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

This field is terrible, there’s only one real good show between the 5 nominated for Series and is White Lotus, the rest are mediocre to straight up bad (Inventing Anna).
    And i can even understand people turn off to TWL after that massive overperformance (even tho I can’t complain since it’s my 2nd favorite Limited show of the season).

Yeah it’s not the same as it was.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Bumped Paulson to No. 3

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Only this forum would actually think Paulson winning is a viable option lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Amanda even won the Gold Derby award… it’s over isn’t it Maid

Yes dearest

kidding

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way the Emmys really went from this:

To this 💀:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Tonbone
    Topics:

I know it’s unlikely to happen but I really want Margaret Qualley to win because that miniseries was so emotional for me- I know the show isn’t nominated but four years ago Regina King won for a miniseries that wasn’t nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The way the Emmys really went from this:

To this 💀:

We used to be a proper country

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

The way the Emmys really went from this: To this 💀:

Never forget:

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

If the odds end up going 7 for 7 here…

A real shame, many years Limited Series has been the most fun and sometimes hard to predict and this years it’d likely be the most predictable. Hopefully the Emmys will throw some surprises in there. All the nominees in series are really forgettable.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I was gonna say that i hope next year nominees are better but it can’t get worse than Inventing Anna right?

Also I’m seeing a lot of campaigning for Dopesick and not that much at all for White Lotus, really hoping Dopesick doesn’t win.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 331 through 345 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.