Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 484 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
ejaru1810
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Series: The White Lotus (alt: Dopesick)
    Actor: Keaton (alt: Patel)
    Actress: Seyfried (alt: James)
    S. Actor: Bartlett (alt: Rogen)
    S. Actress: Coolidge (alt: Dever)
    Writing: The White Lotus (alt: Dopesick)
    Directing: The White Lotus (alt: Dopesick)

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Current State of the Race: (Top 3 Contenders)

Series:

• Dopesick
    • The White Lotus
    • The Dropout

Actor:

• Keaton
    • Garfield
    • Stan

Actress:

• Seyfried
    • James
    • Paulson

S. Actor:

• Barlett
    • Sarsgard
    • Rogen

S. Actress:

• Coolidge
    • Dever
    • Daddario

Directing:

• Dopesick
    • The White Lotus
    • The Dropout

Writing:

• The White Lotus
    • Dopesick
    • The Dropout

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Most people were predicting I May Destroy You for writing.. it was #1 in the odds.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Ewan McGregor took Lead Actor – came outta no where

Wide open category with pretty much everyone with a shot, not that surprising at all.

I May Destroy You took Writing  – while deserved, but everyone thought Gambit/Mare had it in the bag

It was literally #1 at the odds.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Honestly, I think it’s going to be a pretty boring (as in predictable) year in Limited. Maybe I’m jinxing it, but everything that’s number one in the prediction center feels so easily ahead of everything else.

FYC: The Bear (Ayo Edebiri) Industry (Marisa Abela) OMITB (Jayne Houdyshell) Physical (Rose Byrne) WWDITS (Natasia Demetriou)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

So I’m only one episode into Impeachment, but Paulson is frigging phenomenal and I’m lowkey raging that I let the opinions of some on this forum and elsewhere delay me from watching until now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

So I’m only one episode into Impeachment, but Paulson is frigging phenomenal and I’m lowkey raging that I let the opinions of some on this forum and elsewhere delay me from watching until now

The pans were so exaggerated. The performance can take some getting used to — it did for me — but I ultimately came away from the show thinking she was the clear MVP. She gets better with every episode and then knocks it out of the park in the finale. A deserved nomination.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I May Destroy You‘s writing win was the furthest thing from a shocking win that year. I do think though whilst Ewan McGregor’s win wasn’t shocking to those of us on this forum (we were essentially talking about him as a potential winner from before the show even came out because of how thin the category was and how baity the role was) that it did surprise quite a lot of people both in and outside of the prognosticating world because not many people even knew Halston existed. He wasn’t even on most pundits’ predictions over people like Jeff Daniels and Ethan Hawke and there was so much confidence in the prognosticating world that year that it was a two horse between Bettany and Grant that there were more people predicting Bettany (1635 users) to win than they were Taylor-Joy (1516 users) and Winslet (1394 users) in their categories.

With regards to potential surprise this year I agree with Heptapod that at this point this just feels like a pretty boring year. It would be shocking if either Bartlett or Keaton lost and I think whichever of Dopesick and The White Lotus wins one of series, s. actress, writing and directing will probably win each of the other three. I’ve always felt wary of Seyfried’s frontrunner position in actress (especially after The Dropout under-performed the way it did with the actors overall and Pam and Tommy exploded) but even there I’ve just thrown in the towel at this point and put her in number one. As with every year there are probably a significant amount of voters who will catch up on some of these limited series they may not have managed to finish before voting (e.g. Impeachment, Pam and Tommy, Station Eleven etc) but I just think that the chatter overall in this field is so slow and muted (like in last year’s drama field) that a majority of voters will just rubber stamp the frontrunners and call it a day.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

The pans were so exaggerated. The performance can take some getting used to — it did for me — but I ultimately came away from the show thinking she was the clear MVP. She gets better with every episode and then knocks it out of the park in the finale. A deserved nomination.

Granted I’ve only just started, but I already can’t help feeling the negative feedback of some was pre-planned because of the whole fatsuit debate. Either because such a critic actually cared about the issue or, sadly more likely, they wanted to be seen to.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The thing I really don’t understand about the criticism about Paulson’s performance is how anyone can think what she did was a caricature. I mean I can totally understand why someone wouldn’t like the performance but Paulson doesn’t put on a quirky or over the top voice or play Linda Tripp as a character and whilst she doesn’t make my personal lineup I really thought she developed a really nuanced and profound characterisation that matched the restrained work she gave in The People vs OJ Simpson and Mrs. America. Linda Tripp isn’t the most likeable of characters but Paulson really imbues her characterisation with lots of humanity that I think you can’t really help but feel sorry for her at points even as she partakes in some morally questionable actions. There was one scene in the finale that I actually thought was quite emotional.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Actress is the only category where we could have a surprise, all the other categories are pretty much locked.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Actress is the only category where we could have a surprise, all the other categories are pretty much locked.

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The way I would actually consider voting for her…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Neither Dopesick nor The White Lotus deserved most of their Emmy nominations, half of their cast were not Emmy worthy.

The White Lotus’ best performance not being nominated on a technicality when she would’ve been an otherwise shoe-in.

Heartbreaking.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Paulson was exceptional, and I repeatedly said so in the show thread.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.