Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 14)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 484 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
3 weeks ago
( +3 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
ejaru1810
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Gwen
    Topics:

What a great, great conversation between Amanda Seyfried and Sarah Paulson on SAG Aftra! At some point (after 30′ minutes) Paulson speaks about the opportunity that a nomination and/or a win provides you, and the roles that you may never get that you land after the award season, and I think it’s very insightful to hear an actor talking so openly about this.

Jodie Comer supremacy

FOR YOUR CONSIDERATION:

Everything Everywhere All at Once in all categories
    Luca Guadagnino for Best Director
    Martin McDonagh for Best Adapted Screenplay
    Brendan Fraser, Colin Farrell for Best Leading Actor
    Brendan Gleeson for Best Supporting Actor
    Hong Chau for Best Supporting Actress

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    stilloverit
    Topics:

Please be serious, Molly Shannon did not have anywhere near the best performance on TWL… It was a nothing role and it would be a terrible nomination if she was eligible

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

What a great, great conversation between Amanda Seyfried and Sarah Paulson on SAG Aftra! At some point (after 30′ minutes) Paulson speaks about the opportunity that a nomination and/or a win provides you, and the roles that you may never get that you land after the award season, and I think it’s very insightful to hear an actor talking so openly about this.

I so want either of these two to win! Such magical performances

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Indiewire are predicting Paulson to upset.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I wouldn’t predict it, but I also wouldn’t discount it (I think I might even put Garner in this category too). The accrued viewing over an extended period could be quite high and (a little like McGregor and that surprise Colman win last year) as soon as anything starts skewing even remotely middle aged (which I’d say Murphy has more or less aged up in to) it’s a lot harder to ascertain if it’s buzzy/how buzzy it is because Twitter stops caring.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Please be serious, Molly Shannon did not have anywhere near the best performance on TWL… It was a nothing role and it would be a terrible nomination if she was eligible

I personally thought Molly Shannon was a total scene stealer who added so much to the show with less of a screentime. I would totally have been supportive if she had been nominated.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

I finished Dopesick the other day and I thought it was very meh. I enjoyed the final 2 episodes, but other than that it was incredibly mediocre with poor writing. Kaitlyn Dever was great and the MVP; followed by Rosario Dawson. Im surprised by the Michael Keaton sweep tbh, he was very good but I wasn’t that impressed (I prefer David Thewliss, Oscar Isaac, Paul Bettany and Sebastian Stan). Michael Stuhlbarg was incredibly annoying and his nomination is terrible, Will Poulter and Peter Sarsgaard we’re good, not sure if I would nominate them though. Now Mare Winningham, she shouldn’t have been nominated because it was such a small role, however I thought she nailed what she was given and was perfectly casted. Rosario Dawson should have gotten that nomination though

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

It’s getting to the point where I have to watch Pam and Tommy, don’t I?

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If you want to form opinion but don’t really want to, just watch the pilot or first two eps. I’m not sure there’s massive levels of them doing much different further down the line

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

If you want to form opinion but don’t really want to, just watch the pilot or first two eps. I’m not sure there’s massive levels of them doing much different further down the line

Those first two episodes are very Rogen heavy which is when the show is at its worst so I’d recommend watching past that.

James and Stan are both great but the show overall was pretty disappointing. Too surface level and unfocused.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Episodes 1 and 3 are Rogen centric 2 is about how Pam & Tommy met.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The show itself is really meh. The first 3 episodes give an idea of what the tone is for the entire show. Episodes 1 is full Rogen with Stan as supporting. While 2 is James/Stan centric. Episode 3 is where Lily starts to shine and she gets better with every episode while Stan feels pretty one note (except for the finale) and sometimes more supporting than an actual lead due to the show’s approach towards Tommy Lee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Starting a show with a whole episode focused on Seth Rogen was a choice

Emmy winner Matthew Macfadyen!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

This is a moot point since Keaton is far ahead of his competition, but I was shocked when I saw that Himesh Patel is dead last in our odds. Personally, I think he’s the runner-up to Keaton (if there is one at all) because it’s pure passion that got him the nomination. If Keaton weren’t as strong as he is, I would probably entertain the idea of Patel pulling off a Zendaya-esque win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 391 through 405 (of 484 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.