Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 529 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Oh yes,buzz is very little. If there was no “event” at the TIFF Red Carpet,the show would have literally no buzz. It’s worrying cause the series is so so good.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

I mean, I worry about both Scenes From a Marriage and Impeachment because of the lack of buzz surrounding them. Both are gonna be distant, distant memories by the time Emmy voting starts in June. The White Lotus will survive because audiences ate that up.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

One show I’m interested to see what happens with is Landscapers. Olivia Colman is on a roll at the moment following her Emmy win for The Crown and with potentially another Oscar nomination around the corner for The Lost Daughter but for a show that is supposedly coming out this year I’ve hardly seen any sort of a push for it on HBO’s side. It wasn’t a part of their TCA day, Casey Bloys didn’t mention it in his interview where he outlined HBO’s potential slate and it wasn’t in HBO Max’s “remainder of 2021” teaser. I’ve seen more promotion on their part for Station Eleven and Julia.

A preview of it was screened at the Edinburgh festival and was met with quite a positive reception so it probably is good but I wonder if HBO will just dump it.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    DanC
    Topics:

New thread, new predictions

Assuming that Pistol, White House Plumbers, & A Very British Scandal miss eligibility while the ensembles of The White Lotus & The First Lady all go supporting:

Landscapers
    Maid
    The White Lotus
    Impeachment
    Pam & Tommy

Actress:
    Olivia Colman, Landscapers
    Margaret Qualley, Maid
    Beanie Feldstein, Impeachment
    Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    Lily James, Pam & Tommy

Actor:
    David Thewliss, Landscapers
    Sebastian Stan, Pam & Tommy
    Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    Oscar Isaac, Scenes From a Marriage
    Paul Rudd, The Shrink Next Door

Supporting Actress:
    Viola Davis, The First Lady
    Jennifer Coolidge, The White Lotus
    Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    Annaleigh Ashford, Impeachment
    Gillian Anderson, The First Lady
    Michelle Pfeiffer, The First Lady

Supporting Actor:
    Murray Bartlett, The White Lotus
    Clive Owen, Impeachment
    Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    Seth Rogen, Pam & Tommy
    Michael Stuhlbarg, Dopesick
    Daniel Rigby, Landscapers

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Squid Game kinda took away all the buzz from Midnight Mass so I wonder if it could hurt Maid too. Everyone is talking about and watching just that right now.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

2015: Richard Jenkins and Frances McDormand, Timothy Hutton and Felicity Huffman
    2016: Courtney B. Vance/Cuba Gooding Jr. and Sarah Paulson
    2017: Ewan McGregor and Carrie Coon
    2019: Sam Rockwell and Michelle Williams, Benicio del Toro and Patricia Arquette
    2020: Jeremy Irons and Regina King
    2021: Paul Bettany and Elizabeth Olsen

I wonder if the stat continues this year which leading pair will continue it. Lily James and Sebastian Stan? Claire Foy and Paul Bettany? Sarah Lancashire and David Hyde Pierce? Olivia Colman and David Thewliss?

FYC:

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Do you guys think Love & Death will make the eligibility ?

No.

The White House Plumbers wrapped today (according to Headey’s IG). Wouldn’t surprise me if that gets HBO’s spring slot.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The White House Plumbers wrapped today

FYC:

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Manifesting.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think Pistol might make it, that’s been wrapped for a while I believe and they’ve sorted out all their music rights issues.

Profile picture
    DCurrie
    Topics:

I highly doubt Showtime submits the three First Ladies in supporting. The cast is gigantic; they can’t put everyone in supporting. My guess is that all three FL go lead and the rest supporting. If it’s good and Showtime does its job, there’s a chance it dominates the supporting acting categories in a way that leads to a rule change.

Lol, yeah there is no way the MAIN three are going supporting. That cast is too huge, and the center focus is on Michelle Obama, Eleanor Roosevelt, and Betty Ford. For what little has been provided about the series so far, there might be more of a focus on one of the ladies, than the other. But I’m quite certain 1 or more will go lead..

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The English (starring Emily Blunt) apparently has been shooting since May and is a six part series. I wonder if this will be the “big Amazon show” that makes eligibility instead of A Very British Scandal.

The premise sounds quite juicy:

Written and directed by “The Honourable Woman” creator Hugo Blick, the show is set in the mid-American landscape of 1890, and follows Cornelia Locke (Blunt), an Englishwoman who arrives into the new and wild landscape of the West to get revenge on the man she sees as responsible for the death of her son. Upon meeting Eli Whipp (Spencer), an ex-cavalry scout and member of the Pawnee Nation by birth, they join together and discover a shared history which must be defeated at all costs, if either of them are to survive.

FYC:

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Matt Neglia is hinting at The Humans being eligible for the Emmys, because it’s airing on Showtime at the same time it will hit the theaters.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Matt Neglia is hinting at The Humans being eligible for the Emmys, because it’s airing on Showtime at the same time it will hit the theaters.

cheating

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Does anyone else feel like TV Movie is absolutely in a position for exploitation at this point?

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.