Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 524 total)
Created
8 months ago
Last Reply
7 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The similar set of director and writer with Normal People, gosh!

If those all are acclaimed, I wonder how tiring it will be for the juries even when they only watch the tape.

In 2023 the BAFTA jury will also have Emily Blunt in The English, Imelda Staunton and Elizabeth Debicki in The Crown, Sienna Miller in Anatomy of a Scandal, Claire Danes in The Essex Serpent, Rachel Weisz in Dead Ringers alongside returning incumbent nominees and winners like Sarah Lancashire (who is also going to be eligible there for Julia), Billie Piper and Suranne Jones!!!!

It’s going to be an absolute bloodbath.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The amount of aired/(nearly) finished shows from HBO (Max) that could all theoretically pop up somewhere is insane.

• White Lotus
    • Scenes from a Marriage
    • Landscapers
    • Station Eleven
    • Julia
    • Girl Before
    • Tourist
    • Love and Death

And that’s assuming things like White House Plumbers and LA Lakers won’t be ready in time.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

If we’re getting stills for it now then surely this is making eligibility?

Elizabeth Olsen is coming for blood after being the only actress out of last year’s big four to not win a single award for her performance (Michaela was by my far my favourite in last year’s lineup but man was Lizzie fantastic on WandaVision)!

Istg if she delivers another masterpiece of a performance like Sorry For Your Loss and Wandavision and get snubbed I’ll riot.
    One of the most (now ex) underrated actresses of our time.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The way i might be campaigning again for Lizzie Olsen and Kathryn Hahn at THE SAME categories…

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Tourist – Black comedy/thriller The Tourist starring Jamie Dornan which follows a man wake up in the Australian Outback with no memory as to why he was chased into the desert (HBO Max co-production)

This screams Australian summer release to me and possibly could be quite soon, but it’s not on the AACTA FYC so it must be after Dec (it is a three way co-pro so it should be eligible everywhere)

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I agree that Connie Britton is second in line for White Lotus supporting actresses. It just screams Sterling K. Brown: when given a wealth of choices from an ensemble, there’s an obvious frontrunner (Coolidge/Shalhoub) and then beyond that the names that they know they like will usually rise to the second slot, even if they’re not the most acclaimed. I agree that Daddario should be leading the pack here, but Britton feels like a very easy bet after Coolidge.

FYC: PHYSICAL (Rose Byrne) THE SEX LIVES OF COLLEGE GIRLS (Amrit Kaur, Renee Rapp) YELLOWJACKETS (Samantha Hanratty, Christina Ricci) THE OTHER TWO (Drew Tarver, Helene Yorke) THE GREAT (Elle Fanning) BETTER THINGS (Pamela Adlon)

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Maid now has 16.5K IMDB votes with an average rating of 8.6

***A Sleeper Hit***

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I agree that Connie Britton is second in line for White Lotus supporting actresses. It just screams Sterling K. Brown: when given a wealth of choices from an ensemble, there’s an obvious frontrunner (Coolidge/Shalhoub) and then beyond that the names that they know they like will usually rise to the second slot, even if they’re not the most acclaimed. I agree that Daddario should be leading the pack here, but Britton feels like a very easy bet after Coolidge.

If the show ends up being strong I can see Daddario slip in but I agree with you. The only Emmy nominated shows that Britton hasn’t been nominated for over the past decade were AHS : Apocalypse and <i>The People vs OJ Simpson</i> and those misses were quite understandable.

She’s a veteran, her name is at the top of the ballot and she’s beloved enough that even though Daddario might have more passion than her (as she should really) that she has enough goodwill amongst voters to be checked off on an unlimited ballot.

She’s definitely ahead at SAG IMO with how much they disproportionately favour veterans.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’ve noticed something odd about The New York Times Mike Hale reviews:-

Maid- 50/100
    ““Maid” itself can be a frustrating experience, sometimes moving and convincing, sometimes scattered and trite. ”

Mare Of Easttown- 40/100
    “Some style in the direction or honest feeling in the screenplay could have mitigated the dreariness, but “Mare” doesn’t offer much beyond Ben Richardson’s burnished cinematography. The script doesn’t give Winslet enough to do beyond suffering and lashing out .Later episodes may give Winslet more room to operate, but it probably won’t make “Mare of Easttown” any less obvious or colorless.”

WandaVision-50/100
    “Odd does not, by itself, equal good, and on the evidence of the three episodes made available for review, the eccentricities of “WandaVision” are mostly just weighing it down. It feels as if we’re still waiting for the real show to get started, and even with half-hour episodes (reminiscent of the hit Disney+ sci-fi serial, “The Mandalorian”) that’s a long time to wait.”

Chernobyl-40/100
    “Director Johan Renck take an event unlike any other in human history and turn it into a creaky and conventional, if longer than usual, disaster movie.”

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve noticed something odd about The New York Times Mike Hale reviews:- Maid- 50/100 ““Maid” itself can be a frustrating experience, sometimes moving and convincing, sometimes scattered and trite. ” Mare Of Easttown- 40/100 “Some style in the direction or honest feeling in the screenplay could have mitigated the dreariness, but “Mare” doesn’t offer much beyond Ben Richardson’s burnished cinematography. The script doesn’t give Winslet enough to do beyond suffering and lashing out .Later episodes may give Winslet more room to operate, but it probably won’t make “Mare of Easttown” any less obvious or colorless.” WandaVision-50/100 “Odd does not, by itself, equal good, and on the evidence of the three episodes made available for review, the eccentricities of “WandaVision” are mostly just weighing it down. It feels as if we’re still waiting for the real show to get started, and even with half-hour episodes (reminiscent of the hit Disney+ sci-fi serial, “The Mandalorian”) that’s a long time to wait.” Chernobyl-40/100 “Director Johan Renck take an event unlike any other in human history and turn it into a creaky and conventional, if longer than usual, disaster movie.”

Margaret Qualley sweep incoming.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Margaret Qualley sweep incoming.

kate

When Winslet becomes the first performer to win Emmy,GG,CC,SAG and BAFTA for the same performance and we’re left with a frontrunner vaccum like the one left behind by Catherine O’Hara– —

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Winslet becomes the first performer to win  BAFTA for the same performance 

She’ll have to overcome her first.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I’ve noticed something odd about The New York Times Mike Hale reviews:-

Maid- 50/100
    ““Maid” itself can be a frustrating experience, sometimes moving and convincing, sometimes scattered and trite. ”

Mare Of Easttown- 40/100
    “Some style in the direction or honest feeling in the screenplay could have mitigated the dreariness, but “Mare” doesn’t offer much beyond Ben Richardson’s burnished cinematography. The script doesn’t give Winslet enough to do beyond suffering and lashing out .Later episodes may give Winslet more room to operate, but it probably won’t make “Mare of Easttown” any less obvious or colorless.”

WandaVision-50/100
    “Odd does not, by itself, equal good, and on the evidence of the three episodes made available for review, the eccentricities of “WandaVision” are mostly just weighing it down. It feels as if we’re still waiting for the real show to get started, and even with half-hour episodes (reminiscent of the hit Disney+ sci-fi serial, “The Mandalorian”) that’s a long time to wait.”

Chernobyl-40/100
    “Director Johan Renck take an event unlike any other in human history and turn it into a creaky and conventional, if longer than usual, disaster movie.”

These “go against the grass” critics are almost always the worst
    This Wandavision review lol, the eccentric of the first episodes it’s what made the show to me.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The first episode of WandaVision was one of the ones I liked the most…

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The first episode of WandaVision was one of the ones I liked the most…

This Chernobyl review is also rotten
    We need to get rid of this man

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 524 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.