Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Idk, after Love Life being placed here i don’t know what to think about this.
    But wherever she does end up being, she’s a frontrunner.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

My unpopular opinion is that Coolidge is not a frontrunner at the Emmys regardless of category placement. I think it’s gonna be another situation where we spend months saying she’s winning because she was “iconic” on the show and played a “fan-favorite character,” just for someone with a more dramatic, baitier performance to come along and win. The applause at the Emmys was certainly unexpected, but it’s way too early to call her a frontrunner in any way IMO.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Coolidge makes the most sense as an alternative for Aniston at SAG now tho

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Coolidge makes the most sense as an alternative for Aniston at SAG now tho

I agree with that. Also, the ensemble would def be top 2/3.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

My unpopular opinion is that Coolidge is not a frontrunner at the Emmys regardless of category placement. I think it’s gonna be another situation where we spend months saying she’s winning because she was “iconic” on the show and played a “fan-favorite character,” just for someone with a more dramatic, baitier performance to come along and win. The applause at the Emmys was certainly unexpected, but it’s way too early to call her a frontrunner in any way IMO.

i see what you’re saying, but as opposed to Hahn vs Nicholson where Hahn (who did have a solid performance) was hyped up purely on meme-ability, everyone was also saying how Coolidge is an acting genius and was a standout amongst an ensemble of spectacular performances.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Also, just because someone is a frontrunner doesn’t mean they will win.
    I think she is a frontrunner at this point, if we can have one.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

i see what you’re saying, but as opposed to Hahn vs Nicholson where Hahn (who did have a solid performance) was hyped up purely on meme-ability, everyone was also saying how Coolidge is an acting genius and was a standout amongst an ensemble of spectacular performances.

Absolutely. I still, however, believe that if this boils down to Coolidge vs. a much more dramatic performance (which I assume will be the case), I will think twice about predicting Coolidge. Of course she’s amazing on the show, but I also believe her playing arguably the most “entertaining” character on the show has factored into her individual acclaim.

That said, there are, of course, other variables that will factor into this, as in how strong her competitor’s show is so, so who knows. I agree that Coolidge is not entirely comparable with Hahn for the reasons you mentioned though.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

The critical acclaim Coolidge received is bigger than any limited supporting contender in the last couple of years. I think the frontrunner status is well earned at this point. It could change but there’s no reason to believe she can’t go the whole way either.

Profile picture
    TeaCopo
    Topics:

Drama here we go

don’t change nothing. still in minisseries categories

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

In any event, we need voters to not pretend like Coolidge is the only one delivering an awards-worthy performance on the show. I have said it many times before, but both Connie Britton and Alexandra Daddario are doing underrated yet equally brilliant work on the show. Natasha Rothwell was great as well with limited material. Molly Shannon could be win-competitive in guest if the show goes drama. And I hope Jake Lacy’s performance is not taken for granted, though I suspect it will be.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

don’t change nothing. still in minisseries categories

No it likely won’t be. It’s gonna be Drama at DGA and most likely at PGA and GG too. Emmys will probably place it there aswell.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Feel bad for Bartlett, I don’t think he’d stand a chance in Drama unless he goes supporting. I guess Coolidge could still have a shot to win though. RIP to White’s writing chances as well then, ugh.

Profile picture
    Piper Halliwell
    Topics:

In any event, we need voters to not pretend like Coolidge is the only one delivering an awards-worthy performance on the show. I have said it many times before, but both Connie Britton and Alexandra Daddario are doing underrated yet equally brilliant work on the show. Natasha Rothwell was great as well with limited material. Molly Shannon could be win-competitive in guest if the show goes drama. And I hope Jake Lacy’s performance is not taken for granted, though I suspect it will be.

With you on Daddario, but Britton playing this ‘been there, done that’ privileged rich white woman is just simply not awards-material. She had the biggest name, and the most underwhelming performance in the show, IMHO.

FYC 2022 Emmys:

Best Actress in a Drama Series: Sandra Oh in "Killing Eve"

Best Actress in a Comedy Series: Sandra Oh in "The Chair"

Best Supporting Actress in a Drama Series: Kim Joo-ryoung in "Squid Game"

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Feel bad for Bartlett, I don’t think he’d stand a chance in Drama unless he goes supporting. I guess Coolidge could still have a shot to win though.

I actually think he could stand quite a chance in Lead Drama
    They are tending to move away from repeats so i don’t see Jeremy repeating nor Brian winning for the first time, and Jason Bateman again is Jason Bateman.

I feel like he could win with a worthy share of campaigning

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t see Bartlett winning in lead because of the fact that he’s only going to be in one season of the show.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.