Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 529 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

In any event, we need voters to not pretend like Coolidge is the only one delivering an awards-worthy performance on the show.

Britton and Daddario were >> wbk.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

I don’t see Bartlett winning in lead because of the fact that he’s only going to be in one season of the show.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Huns I’m gonna need some confirmation already
    CHRISSSSSS

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

In a perfect world, Daddario would have Supporting Actress in whichever category on lock!

Profile picture
    nkb325
    Topics:

Only at the Emmys or for all the pre-cursors & guilds as well?

Pretty sure the emmy’s are the only one with a specific rule about it, but since this now means it HAS to go to a regular series category at the emmys (any recurring characters disqualify it as a limited series) then if HBO was smart they would make the change for the winter awards shows as well to keep things consistent so people dont get confused

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I still don’t know why HBO Max listed Love Life as an anthology then, it will be moved back to Comedy.

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

If The White Lotus does go Drama, it seems like it might be less strong nomination/win-wise, which is rather disappointing since I hear the whole show and cast is deserving of noms.

However, this does make my Oscar Isaac prediction look a little less delusional haha. Though I do think Michael Keaton for Dopesick and either Will Ferrell or Paul Rudd for The Shrink Next Door could be potential threats.

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Noone is commenting but we hear Coolidge is in talks to reprise her role, a wealthy, unstable woman, recovering from the death of her mother, traveling alone to the hotel, looking for love and in desperate need of a massage, per HBO’s official character description.

Deadline

Yeah, it will go drama

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Mike White did an interview at Canneseries only a few days ago that said this was possible but not confirmed (FYI he has confirmed definitely Europe as locale)

In any case, has the rule changed since 2018? Moss and the second Top of The Lake went limited (ie just Moss and a couple of single scene appearances from S1ers and an all new country/cast for 2).

The Sinner on the other hand (no change and more procedural) goes drama now (Pullman is in each season)

Profile picture
    James Gibson
    Topics:

didnt even have time to jump on the coolidge train 🙁

FYC: Memoria and House of Gucci for Best Picture

Profile picture
    ReginaIsKing
    Topics:

Anika’s Emmy is upon us hoes.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s so funny how there were predictions with Inventing Anna for this past Emmy season, and now we’re finishing the year and still we have no clue about when this will come lol.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The White Lotus is definitely going to one of the continuing categories if Coolidge is returning as Tanya. The Sinner and AHS were moved to drama because of the new rule so I don’t see why The White Lotus wouldn’t.

That being said it’s ultimately up to HBO as to where they want to place it. Drama seems the most logical step but this is a show with an ensemble that is partly comprised of veteran character actors and comedy actors and it is ultimately a dramedy. HBO placed The Flight Attendant in comedy last year and that was more or less a drama with an against type performance from a comedy actress.

Considering they already have Succession in drama I can see them place <i>The White Lotus</i> in comedy to avoid internal competition like they did with Watchmen in limited in 2020. I mean after all, right now it’s not like either <i>Insecure </i>or Curb Your Enthusiasm are looking like strong contenders for the win for them there.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

Obviously the show will go to drama or comedy (probably drama) because of the rules but I’m not sure it should just from a “what’s right or wrong” standpoint. I feel like a totally new setting with one new character is still an anthology series. But obviously that’s not how the Emmys see it.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Obviously the show will go to drama or comedy (probably drama) because of the rules but I’m not sure it should just from a “what’s right or wrong” standpoint. I feel like a totally new setting with one new character is still an anthology series. But obviously that’s not how the Emmys see it.

I totally agree with you, this rule is weak IMO, one thing is AHS: Apocalypse where like 3 previous season came together, another is Fargo when we have a character overlap that barely influences in anything.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 529 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 3)’ is closed to new replies.