Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

A warning here – this comes out on Friday but somehow has been switched to released on IMDB and is fairly unambiguously being review bombed  (IMDB does usually eventually pick this up)

Disappointing but inevitable.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m very interested to see where Netflix campaigns Dockery because both her and Scott could be giving win worthy performances if we’re going by the source material.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

As long as Dockery wins her Emmy, I don’t even care if she gets pushed in Comedy Guest

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If it’s spring release I can see it getting showered with Emmy noms.

Not confirmed, but Netflix stickered paperback is out on April 5 per Amazon, so I think it’s a very solid bet.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I totally forgot about Anatomy of a Scandal, i think Love and Death will miss, both very baity adaptations from David E. Kelley with a high profile cast.
    I know, different broadcasters but still.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Watch out for Anatomy of a Scandal. Sienna Miller and especially Michelle Dockery are coming. I read the book. It’s so good, full of twists. It’s gonna be a massive hit with gp. Both Miller and Dockery have baity roles. Although Miller’s character’s quite unsympathetic. You’ll hate that woman. Dockery’s the one you root for. I can see both getting in with Dockery having an edge thanks to the role. Oh, and they’re both unquestionable leads. You cannot fraud either. Particularly Dockery. Friend has also meaty role but his character’s pure evil. Imagine Prince Charles but ten times worse. There’s also Naomi Scott as rape victim. If it’s spring release I can see it getting showered with Emmy noms.

I totally forgot
    about Anatomy of a Scandal, i think Love and Death will miss, both very baity adaptations from David E. Kelley with a high profile cast.
    I know, different broadcasters but still.

This should be a reason for why I won’t watch out for this.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

David E. Kelley is the next Ryan Murphy

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Nicole Kidman is his Sarah Paulson

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    forwardswill
    Topics:

In that he’s another successful creator who people are going to give all the blame for his failures but none of the credit for his triumphs? 😉

For my money, like Murphy, Kelley’s still got many a good show left in him he just needs to start focusing on quality over quantity. Both are going to continue to have problems as long as they aren’t focusing on that.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anatomy of a Scandal is a very different type of source material from The Undoing and Nine Perfect Strangers and is of a much higher quality. I don’t think it will get standout raves but I will be shocked if it polarises people.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

For my money, like Murphy, Kelley’s still got many a good show left in him he just needs to start focusing on quality over quantity. Both are going to continue to have problems as long as they aren’t focusing on that.

This part of the market likely needs some creators around who can churn out a reasonable amount of quantity of at least a baseline level of quality (whether it be cast or content), the same as network needs the Dick Wolf’s etc.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

This part of the market likely needs some creators around who can churn out a reasonable amount of quantity of at least a baseline level of quality (whether it be cast or content), the same as network needs the Dick Wolf’s etc.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

As long as Dockery wins her Emmy, I don’t even care if she gets pushed in Comedy Guest

Coming to lose to Maya Rudolph

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 211 through 225 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.