Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Sab227
    Topics:

This opening remark is so odd since Regina King won for a cancelled show in the years both before and after this joke.

King
    King2020

You cant say Watchmen was canceled because HBO wanted the show to continue but Damon Lindelof was not interested in doing so. He did say however if a show runner wanted to continue the show they are welcome to and they should probably do it as an anthology series. So instead of continuing with the show Damon left it as a limited series instead, with the option of someone else picking up the show and continuing. So you cant technically say that Watchmen was canceled.

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

I know this is the wrong thread but since the Television Academy is huge,I thought of extending the SAG TV Voting Polls to this thread too. This one is for Limited/Anthology Actress (choose one).

https://strawpoll.com/5ke1ac7xw

Vote Now

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I know it likely won’t make it in time (filming isn’t set to wrap until the beginning of March) but when all four of these awesome previously-robbed performers get their trophies for the same show…

Elizabeth Olsen
    Jesse Plemons
    Lily Rabe
    Tom Pelphrey

Love & Death had BETTER be good…

EMMYS FYC
    Dickinson – Hailee Steinfeld, Anna Baryshnikov
    Kevin Can F**k Himself – Mary Hollis Inboden
    Only Murders – James Caverley
    The Other Two – Drew Tarver, Heléne Yorke
    Physical – Rose Byrne
    Schmigadoon! – Ariana DeBose
    The White Lotus – Alexandra Daddario

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I know it likely won’t make it in time (filming isn’t set to wrap until the beginning of March) but when all four of these awesome previously-robbed performers get their trophies for the same show…

Elizabeth Olsen
    Jesse Plemons
    Lily Rabe
    Tom Pelphrey

Love & Death had BETTER be good…

Make it 5

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Well the SNL writers room are definitely watching Scenes From a Marriage.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    smurty11
    Topics:

This opening remark is so odd since Regina King won for a cancelled show in the years both before and after this joke.

King
    King2020

It’s called knowing when to stop and not tarnishing your legacy. A forced season 2 would’ve had too much to live up to.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

I think we’re all underestimating Obi-Wan Kenobi. The buzz is going to be unreal.

EMMYS FYC
    Physical – Rose Byrne

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think we’re all underestimating Obi-Wan Kenobi. The buzz is going to be unreal.

I think most things that are franchise, genre or IP are being underestimated for Emmys in general for reasons I don’t really get, given ample evidence voters are open to it in moderation.

Profile picture
    ricardo505
    Topics:

tbh I’m really surprised that we are underestimating Obi-Wan Kenobi after all those The Mandalorian and WandaVision nominations.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

We can never count out these people weird obsession with Star Wars i guess, but i feel like Obi Wan screams Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

We can never count out these people weird obsession with Star Wars i guess, but i feel like Obi Wan screams Falcon and The Winter Soldier.

Can I ask how? We know they have a soft spot for Star Wars and McGregor just won for a show that was likely one of the least seen shows in the whole field. Disney also got a lead actor nomination here last year for a character with significantly less cultural relevance.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Can I ask how? We know they have a soft spot for Star Wars and McGregor just won for a show that was likely one of the least seen shows in the whole field. Disney also got a lead actor nomination here last year for a character with significantly less cultural relevance.

I mean like it’s the follow-up of the first project from this Star Wars Universe, like Falcon was, and it has a lot to live up to, as The Mandalorian keeps growing in support.
    Falcon was the follow-up to Wandavision who was totally embraced and it ended up being just another thing.

Yeah, both competed at the same ceremony and all, different than this case, but i feel like they just won’t be nominating everything’s just cause it’s Star Wars.

Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

The popularity level of Anthony Mackie and Sebastian Stan as their characters is WILDLY different than Ewan McGregor as Obi-Wan Kenobi, who’s been one of the most famous and popular characters of fiction across every medium for the past forty years.

EMMYS FYC
    Physical – Rose Byrne

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Obi-Wan‘s chance ultimately will depend on the general appeal behind the show. The Mandalorian and Cobra Kai broke through because they had a sentimental factor behind them (people literally grew up on the films they’re spun off from) and their audience appreciation scores were through the roof. WandaVision had a lot of high brow appeal due to its use of meta-theatre and had a LOT of critical, audience and industry passion for many different reasons.

If Obi-Wan can achieve something like the aforementioned shows did then it could be a sleeper contender. Otherwise it will end up like The Falcon and the Winter Soldier were everyone watches it but ultimately no one cares.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Obi-Wan‘s chance ultimately will depend on the general appeal behind the show.

I think this is vastly underestimating the broad appeal of Star Wars, and in particular that character with the age of the voting body (and how well liked  McGregor is for that role in particular) and particularly with men in a category that’s skewing increasingly female-top-heavy.

It is the most searched pre-release undated limited series  on IMDBPro by a lot – comparable to LoTR and House of The Dragon.

It is likely to get enough press that Netflix and HBO would be loathe to stick either Stranger Things or House of The Dragon in direct competition with it (this may be unavoidable, but I doubt it would be their preference). Significant portions of McGregor’s Halston campaign ended up with him talking about this show.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.