Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Someone needs to explain to me where does The White Lotus stand.

It is neither as acclaimed and well watched as Mare of Easttown nor does it have the advantage of a late release that First Lady and other shows will have. So why would HBO put it in Limited when on one hand it isn’t as strong as Mare of Easttown and is at the risk of losing the winter awards while on the other hand it will have lost a lot of momentum by the time Emmys roll.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s probably the most competitive show in supporting categories in limited at this point, and arguably overall even taking in to account upcoming releases. That doesn’t really help it anywhere except CCA, but SAG and/or Globes potentially given an indication of who if anyone is really strong in lead.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It’s probably the most competitive show in supporting categories in limited at this point, and arguably overall even taking in to account upcoming releases.

True though The First Lady will be a juggernaut too.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

True though The First Lady will be a juggernaut too.

Complete (and inexcusable) mind blank

Even so, The White Lotus is greatly helped by being on HBO. I’m pretty sure the number of nominations total Showtime has had since the new unlimited ballot system five years ago can be counted on one hand. If Hawke can miss, it can certainly underperform.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure the number of nominations total Showtime has had since the new unlimited ballot system five years ago can be counted on one hand. If Hawke can miss, it can certainly underperform.

Very true. If the strength of the Davis-Pfeiffer-Anderson combo can’t get showtime crucial and major noms,then time for showtime to stop submitting shows for the Emmys.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Very true. If the strength of the Davis-Pfeiffer-Anderson combo can’t get showtime crucial and major noms,then time for showtime to stop submitting shows for the Emmys. You have liked it successfully! REPLY1

Pretty much. They should be a slam dunk.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Hmm, i don’t think Mare is stronger competition for the winter awards than Succession for them.
    Especially for WGA.

I think they should be fine.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Complete (and inexcusable) mind blank

Even so, The White Lotus is greatly helped by being on HBO. I’m pretty sure the number of nominations total Showtime has had since the new unlimited ballot system five years ago can be counted on one hand. If Hawke can miss, it can certainly underperform.

Pretty much, especially when taking the pre-2016 (Ray, Homeland, Shameless etc) out of the equation.

Showtime Primetime Noms by Year

2016: 8 (Ray Donovan, 4; Homeland, 3; Shameless, 1 and The Affair 1)
    2017: 4 (Homeland, 2; Ray Donovan and Shameless 1)
    2018: 8 (Patrick Melrose, 4; Twin Peaks, 2; Homeland and Shameless, 1)
    2019: 10 (Escape at Dannemora, 7; Who Is America?, 2; and Black Monday, 1)
    2020: 2 (Black Monday and Homeland)
    2021: 2 (Colbert Election special and Shameless, 1)

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Escape at Dannemora, 7

Chile the smash

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

It is neither as acclaimed and well watched as Mare of Easttown nor does it have the advantage of a late release that First Lady and other shows will have. So why would HBO put it in Limited when on one hand it isn’t as strong as Mare of Easttown and is at the risk of losing the winter awards while on the other hand it will have lost a lot of momentum by the time Emmys roll.

Multiple shows have sustained momentum at the Emmys after losing at the guilds in the past. TWL is more Watchmen in that regard than something like Sharp Objects which seemed to be doing so well largely because of the competition. The White Lotus is inherently strong otoh.

As for its category placement, Succession offers stronger competition and has more shared sensibilities with TWL than what Mare has with the same which is a somewhat significant disadvantage imo. HBO is less vulnerable in drama than it is in limited. That’s my reasoning at least.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Idk about Showtime, they are really bad lately, they couldn’t capitalize on crítical favorites or even comercial one. Even when they hit both like Dannemora they can’t quite capitalize on it.

Nevertheless, I’m assuming that a full star based cast should be enough, they wouldn’t bring all of those names for nothing.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I was thing more above the lin

Idk about Showtime, they are really bad lately, they couldn’t capitalize on crítical favorites or even comercial one. Even when they hit both like Dannemora they can’t quite capitalize on it. Nevertheless, I’m assuming that a full star based cast should be enough, they wouldn’t bring all of those names for nothing.

They’ve had seven performers in five years under this system most from older shows (Arquette being the only actress) so I hope so. Everyone’s ostensibly a previous Emmy nominee/winner which I think is probably more necessary there than elsewhere.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I was thing more above the lin

They’ve had seven performers in five years under this system most from older shows (Arquette being the only actress) so I hope so. Everyone’s ostensibly a previous Emmy nominee/winner which I think is probably more necessary there than elsewhere.

Del Toro, Arquette, Dano for Dannemora and Cumberbatch for Patrick Melrose as the only new ones right?
    The others are Don Cheadle, Mandy Patinkin and William H Macy

Did Claire Danes and Liev Schreiber both got dropped before the new system?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Did Claire Danes and Liev Schreiber both got dropped before the new system?

No.
    Both Schreiber and Danes got nominated in 2015 (Viola Davis and Jon Hamm won) and 2016 (Tatiana Maslany and Rami Malek won).

Profile picture
    Karen Gill.
    Topics:

The Three Major Contenders for Upcoming Awards Season IMDB:

Mare Of Easttown 

No.of votes=109,393

Rating=8.5

The White Lotus 

No.of votes=37,229

Rating=7.7

Maid 

No.of votes= 21,790

Rating=8.6

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.