Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I wonder how Scenes From A Marriage would have fared had HBO released it in March 2021.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wonder how Scenes From A Marriage would have fared had HBO released it in March 2021.

I think both Isaac and Chastain would probably have bumped out Grant and Erivo.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Had a google and from WarnerMedia’s press release it actually looks like Julia is a continuing drama series indeed.

Eh. There is such a thing as too much internal competition. I think I would like it’s chances in limited better?

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

That’s a possibility but I think Scenes would have been crushed by Mare. Either that or it would have been really helped by Mare’s visibility as people would jump from one HBO show to another.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I think Isaac would have won IF NOMINATED

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Could be a me thing but i feel like Midnight Mass is having a steady run af with popularity, and with the good reviews it got i have hope for something. It’s more accessible than the Hill House duo and it’s a hit, i can hope.

It's all about Ethan Hawke!

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Could be a me thing but i feel like Midnight Mass is having a steady run af with popularity, and with the good reviews it got i have hope for something. It’s more accessible than the Hill House duo and it’s a hit, i can hope.

It’s more likely to get in at the guilds (especially Linklater at SAG) than at the Emmys which have only 5/6 slots.

Profile picture
    Stranger Among Us
    Topics:

This is a very poor trailer in terms of conveying the richness of the source material. I read and loved the novel, too, and I think they’ve overemphasized the pandemic in the trailer, perhaps to emphasize its timeliness. The pandemic is certainly pivotal to the story, but its really the post-apocalyptic era that it’s set in. I’m looking forward to this, in any case. It looks like a great cast and it has so much potential for a strong screen adaptation.

I agree but because this is just a teaser, I can understand why they chose to largely focus on the pandemic. I’d rather the trailer not give away the richer themes of the book. I really, really hope the show is good because the book is fantastic. I’m hopeful that the writers will get the balance of themes right because the creator of the show also worked on The Leftovers, which had similar themes.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With The Shrink Next Door‘s reviews starting off poorly I have now slotted Impeachment back into the top 10 in my series predictions for the first time since September…

FYC:

Profile picture
    alittle03
    Topics:

Christ, why do some of these contenders in Limited Series keep getting less than favorable reviews 😭

FYC -
    Picture: The Power of the Dog, Spencer, The Lost Daughter, Mass
    Director: Jane Campion, Pablo Larraín, Maggie Gyllenhaal, Fran Kranz
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch
    Actress: Kristen Stewart, Tessa Thompson, Olivia Colman
    Supporting Actor: Kodi Smit-McPhee, Corey Hawkins, Jason Isaacs
    Supporting Actress: Ruth Negga, Kirsten Dunst, Rebecca Ferguson, Martha Plimpton, Ann Dowd
    O. Screenplay: Spencer, Mass
    A. Screenplay: The Power of the Dog, The Lost Daughter
    Score: Jonny Greenwood (Dog/Spencer)

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The way if the spring contenders end up receiving a similar reception this whole season could just end up being Maid vs The White Lotus lol.

I kind of think that’s the point, that stuff is being held over. Landscapers I can understand (ie BAFTA eligibility and unusually short).

I don’t buy that most of these streamers aren’t generally across how new releases will test or be reacted to these days. Why would you drop something during a fortnight when you’re competing with multiple streamers/networks biggest or second biggest releases of the year?

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

With The First Lady confirmed for Spring 2022, limited lead actress category will once again be the most competitive one. I’m not even counting Olivia Colman, Claire Foy, Julia Garner…

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Julia Garner is sweeping huns

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Julia Garner is sweeping huns

The floor for the GOAT wbk!

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

The floor for the GOAT wbk!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 481 through 495 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.