Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

No. Just speaking the truth.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

When Hulu confirms The Dropout is making eligibility and Seyfried easily takes Lead Actress. Whew.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

When Hulu confirms The Dropout is making eligibility and Seyfried easily takes Lead Actress. Whew.

I doubt it tbh (that it makes eligibility, Seyfried could for sure be win competitive regardless of when that show is released if it’s good because THAT ROLE IS INSANE). Hulu already have Dopesick and Conversations with Friends.

FYC:

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The Dropout started filming after Pam and Tommy, if I’m not mistaken, and they’re releasing it during the Spring. I think The Dropout will be a 2022-2023 release.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I doubt it tbh (that it makes eligibility, Seyfried could for sure be win competitive regardless of when that show is released if it’s good because THAT ROLE IS INSANE). Hulu already have Dopesick and Conversations with Friends.

don’t forget Pam and Tommy.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

The acting like Seyfried has the profile to “easily” win in this competition, lol.

Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

The acting like Seyfried has the profile to “easily” win in this competition, lol.

I mean, does anyone need to have a profile to win a category easily? We haven’t seen anything from her show yet. And once the show is out, she could get undeniable raves. It’s not an impossible mission.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Did anyone talk about profile? I assumed they were just referring more to the fact that the role is INCREDIBLY baity.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

I doubt it tbh (that it makes eligibility, Seyfried could for sure be win competitive because that role is INSANE). Hulu already have Dopesick and Conversations with Friends.

We’ll see! It wrapped about a month ago so it’ll definitely be ready in time. It’s just a matter of when Hulu decides to put it out. I think if they feel like they have a sure fire winner in Seyfried, then they’ll make sure to release it in time. I think it would also be a bigger contender overall than both Dopesick and Conversations with Friends. That is if it’s any good.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think it would also be a bigger contender overall than both Dopesick and Conversations with Friends. That is if it’s any good.

It could be but I do think there is a limit to how much something can be campaigned which is why I can see Hulu putting it out later with how much they have on their slate this go round.

If it’s good I think it will be a surefire contender at least on the basis that it’s premise seems commercially friendly and has such a strong cast.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

It could be but I do think there is a limit to how much something can be campaigned which is why I can see Hulu putting it out later with how much they have on their slate this go round. If it’s good I think it will be a surefire contender at least on the basis that it’s premise seems commercially friendly and has such a strong cast.

Yes, but what I’m trying to say is The Dropout could easily turn out to be their biggest priority. If they feel that way and that it could be a real contender in multiple categories, they won’t hold it just because they released other shows during the eligibility period. Priorities/how much of a campaign each show gets shifts as the season goes on.

For example – I like Dopesick a lot, particularly a few performances in it, but if it has a poor showing at the winter awards – Hulu likely won’t waste much of their resources on it when it comes to the Emmy’s.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Recent Oscar nominee and she’d have THE role in a spring release. Any actress playing Elizabeth Holmes would likely win, given they get raves and the show is also well received.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

Recent Oscar nominee and she’d have THE role in a spring release. Any actress playing Elizabeth Holmes would likely win, given they get raves and the show is also well received.

Multiple people in contention here are also either Oscar nominees, winners, previous Emmy nominees or winners and have the role aswell. No one is easily winning here.

Profile picture
    Tjuz
    Topics:

This but make it:

When Apple TV+ confirms Five Days at Memorial is making eligibility and Farmiga easily takes Lead Actress. Whew.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Multiple people in contention here are also either Oscar nominees, winners, previous Emmy nominees or winners and have the role aswell. No one is easily winning here.

I mean, it is in my opinion. You don’t have to share it. I think Elizabeth Holmes is the most baity role of all the contenders I’m personally aware that ALSO appeals to the general public. I constantly see her name trending on Twitter.

Of course other factors are at play – the show itself has to be good and Seyfried has to be raved in it. But I also mentioned those things before so lol.

This but make it:

When Apple TV+ confirms Five Days at Memorial is making eligibility and Farmiga easily takes Lead Actress. Whew.

Yeeeees! I’d also love that scenario. That role is insanely baity too. I don’t know if it’ll be released in time because (I think) they’re still filming. Vera is due though!

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.