Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I’m here for GODmanda stomping.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Shrink Next Door‘s reviews have actually improved quite a bit (at 62 on Rotten Tomatoes). A series nod seems unlikely with this competition but if it ends up being a hit I think Rudd could happen at the winter awards just like Keaton and Isaac could in spite of their shows not being such strong contenders. Rudd’s getting strong individual notices all around.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Something interesting about Edie Falco’s Emmy history, she’s only missed twice whenever she’s been on the ballot for a live action show post-Sopranos. She got in for a guest role on 30 Rock, she never missed for Nurse Jackie and even got in for a Law & Order spin-off in 2018. The only times she’s missed was for Horace and Pete (a http://www.louisck.net original) and Tommy (a one season cancelled CBS procedural).

Given how Impeachment has had a mini-comeback industry visibility this season back half (with Falco’s centre episode being a highlight), even if everything else about Impeachment blows up Emmy-wise, I think the phrase “Edie Falco as Hilary Clinton” on the ballot will be enough for her.

Oscars FYC:

"Lamb" – International Feature and all categories

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

At the moment Coolidge is the only person I’m confident is getting nominated in supporting actress.

Not that it’s a weak field and not that I’m really that much in support of category fraud but Netflix should really try and put one of Anna and Julia in supporting. Not only would they otherwise be running four (five if Dockery goes lead) people in lead actress but I also think the field is wide open enough for a win for Garner or Chlumsky if their performances are well received and Inventing Anna is a contender. Especially the latter.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

At the moment Coolidge is the only person I’m confident is getting nominated in supporting actress.

Agreed. If Coolidge is moved to Drama,I think Andie MacDowell is the most safe (although after the Marielle Heller snub,no veteran is safe).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I think Andie MacDowell is the most safe (although after the Marielle Heller snub,no veteran is safe).

I wouldn’t say Andie MacDowell is safe but her industry stature (and name) as an actor is much greater than Marielle Heller’s was. Likewise she’s campaigning a lot more for the show than Heller did for TQG (she’s arguably even doing more than Qualley, every event MacDowell has attended she’s done in person whilst Qualley’s was virtual – she even went in person on the Graham Norton show).

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not that it’s a weak field and not that I’m really that much in support of category fraud but Netflix should really try and put one of Anna and Julia in supporting.

I feel like their promotion and any discussion I’ve heard is very much indicating Julia is going lead. Sight unseen we don’t know how that’s structured but Chlumsky may well be legitimate supporting so I don’t know that it’s automatically category fraud.

Chlumsky makes far more sense in supporting – she was never able to win for Veep even with them routinely winning best actor whereas Garner has won supporting when Linney and Bateman haven’t.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

How Anna Chlumsky didn’t win for Veep while Tony Hale won is beyond me.

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

How Anna Chlumsky didn’t win for Veep while Tony Hale won is beyond me.

The robbery of it all 

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The robbery of it all

The voters just had to give Allison an unnecessary repeat win. I love Janney but she isn’t someone I’d give 7 Emmys to lol.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.