Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 520 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
4 weeks ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
Victor
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Viridiana
    Topics:

Trailer of “Women of the movement” (it will premiere on ABC in January, also available on Hulu)

Do traditional networks still have a chance here? This is produced by Will Smith and Jay-Z so they are big enough names to guarantee a push, at least.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

One thing that puzzles me is that when Michelle Williams benefitted from an overdue narrative,how come Amy Adams wasn’t able to capitalise on a similar narrative during the winter awards (not at the Emmys) and lost everything to Patricia Arquette who has swept fairly recently for Boyhood.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Trailer of “Women of the movement” (it will premiere on ABC in January, also available on Hulu)

Do traditional networks still have a chance here?

Only if the show is too good and buzzy and only if HBO, Netflix,Amazon, AppleTV  and FX all suddenly delay most of their productions.

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

One thing that puzzles me is that when Michelle Williams benefitted from an overdue narrative,how come Amy Adams wasn’t able to capitalise on a similar narrative during the winter awards (not at the Emmys) and lost everything to Patricia Arquette who has swept fairly recently for Boyhood.

Personally, I don’t think Williams benefited from an overdue narrative. She was, in most people’s eyes, just head and shoulders above her competition. Like Adams, Williams is also overdue for her movie work, not necessarily her TV work.

I think we all assumed Sharp Objects was more beloved than it ultimately was. Arquette was also helped by that Globe win, which more than likely led to the CC tie and possible also to her SAG victory. Plus, Arquette was bloody amazing on Dannemora IMO. I was rooting for Adams at the time, but after I watched Dannemora, I completely understood why Arquette swept the winter awards.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Because narratives really don’t matter when it comes to winning television awards if you have strong enough competition. Julia Louis-Dreyfus and Sandra Oh had some of the strongest narratives of recent years but Phoebe Waller-Bridge and Jodie Comer had too much passion for them to overcome them. Michelle Williams had a strong narrative (and it did help her a bit for the win) but she ultimately also gave one of the most celebrated television performances of the decade as an industry icon which is why she managed to sweep.

Amy Adams had the performance, narrative and acclaim to win those winter awards (and she should have IMO) but Patricia Arquette ultimately had too strong raves for Escape at Dannemora, it was her first “prestige” performance after her Oscar win and her performance was showier than Amy’s.

FYC:
    Picture: Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva Baby/Spencer
    Director: Jane Campion/Rebecca Hall/Pablo Larrain
    Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch/Andrew Garfield/Winston Duke
    Actress: Olivia Colman/Kristen Stewart/Tessa Thompson
    S. Actor: Richard E. Grant/Troy Kotsur/Kodi Smit-McPhee
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy
    O. Screenplay: Bergman Island/Mass/Nine Days
    A. Screenplay: The Lost Daughter/Passing/The Power of the Dog/Shiva B

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think the last time I saw narrative wins were with Jon Hamm and Henry Winkler and both could be very explainable besides this narrative.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I) it was a spring show
    II) FX’s only push/main push all year
    III) the likely Series runner up
    IV) about showbiz, when these are good the industry ates them up

Another thing that played in her favour, a few honest ballots at the time said they were voting for Michelle because she was “one of them” and proved how far a WB/CW alumni could go in the industry.

Oscars FYC:

"CODA" – in all categories

"Everybody's Talking About Jamie" – Sup. Actor (Richard E. Grant), Sup. Actress (Sarah Lancashire) and Original Song (“This Was Me”)

"King Richard" – Original Song (“Be Alive”)

"Summer of Soul" – Picture, Film Editing and Documentary Feature

“The Green Knight” – in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

said they were voting for Michelle because she was “one of them” and proved how far a WB/CW alumni could go in the industry.

Amy was a WB/CW alum too.

FYC:
    S. Actress : Kirsten Dunst/Claire Foy/Jayne Houdyshell/Martha Plimpton/Ruth Negga/Diana Rigg/Anya Taylor-Joy

Profile picture
    Anirudh Arun
    Topics:

Amy Adams in a Buffy is a whole new mood. Seriously, who thought she would be an Oscar nominated actress, let alone for six times.

But I think Michelle Williams has more of a well known history with television, having the main role on Dawson’s Creek.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Amy Adams in a Buffy is a whole new mood. Seriously, who thought she would be an Oscar nominated actress, let alone for six times.

But I think Michelle Williams has more of a well known history with television, having the main role on Dawson’s Creek.

Makes us think about who will be the lucky talented person that’s currently on a CW show and will be a future powerhouse

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Makes us think about who will be the lucky talented person that’s currently on a CW show and will be a future powerhouse

SAG TY FYC - in all categories!!!
    The Other Two, What We Do In The Shadows, The White Lotus & The Good Fight

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

Definitely not Adams. If I’m not mistaken she said she was close to quitting the industry altogether after making Junebug but then she got an Oscar nomination.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Can Emmy voters step out of their fucking comfort zone and give Hamish Linklater his hard earned, well deserved emmy win. The fact that this absolutely phenomenal performance is going to get shut out everywhere is just criminal

Profile picture
    Luca
    Topics:

Can Emmy voters step out of their fucking comfort zone and give Hamish Linklater his hard earned, well deserved emmy win. The fact that this absolutely phenomenal performance is going to get shut out everywhere is just criminal

The best and most important tea.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 121 through 135 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 4)’ is closed to new replies.