Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)
Created
2 months ago
Last Reply
1 week ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Obviously it’s not a lock to win anything but I can see The White House Plumbers really go all the way to the series win if it’s well received. Not only does it have the prime spring slot on HBO’s slate but it’s got a strong pedigree and cast as well as a plot that might find appeal in the current climate like pretty much each of the series winners since 2017 sans Versace.

Something like Pam and Tommy could of course be in good position as well and maybe Maid really does end up dominating the winter awards like The Queen’s Gambit did but with all the things going for it, there seems like little reason to doubt The White House Plumbers from being a contender – at least for the nomination – unless it receives a divisive reception. Mrs. America still got 10 nominations and won an acting Emmy in spite of there being very little buzz.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Something like Pam and Tommy could of course be in good position as well and maybe Maid really does end up dominating the winter awards like The Queen’s Gambit  

It’s not likely. Maid isn’t the Tech Giant which The Queen’s Gambit was and  ATJ wasn’t facing the undeniable Emmy winner at the Winter Awards like Qualley is facing. TQG anyways had ten times more buzz than Maid had.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s out of the question at all for Maid to win top prizes at SAG, DGA, and WGA (not what I’m predicting but for sure possible, we have no proof Mare is more liked by the industry).

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I don’t think it’s out of the question at all for Maid to win top prizes at SAG, DGA, and WGA (not what I’m predicting but for sure possible, we have no proof Mare is more liked by the industry).

Sure but it won’t have the tech support which TQG had. The Queen’s Gambit won BECAUSE of the tech support which Maid won’t have. It can still win PGA,DGA and WGA to emerge as the Frontunner.

Profile picture
    hopelesstar
    Topics:

I don’t think TQG only won because of tech supports. Ultimately it was the bigger, more widely seen contender and it still won Directing. Mare support was only actors and IMDY was only writers.

Maid is, imo, the Emmy frontrunner even if it’s less tech heavy. None of the spring limited series scream Series winners to me (acting definitely, but not Series).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

<i>The Queen’s Gambit</i>’s tech support helped it cross the line to a series win but it wasn’t the only reason it won limited series. Both I May Destroy You and Mare of Easttown won the same amount of technical awards as quite a few comedy, drama and limited series winners have in the past so it’s not like it was impossible for either of them to be strong enough to win series. It just ultimately had the most consensus after sweeping the technicals as well as the fact ATJ and Scott Frank had enough support that they swept the acting and writing winter awards they were eligible for. It had the most consensus.

With regards to Maid I do think a sweep of the key winter guilds is possible. That being said if one of the spring contenders (Pam and TommyThe White House PlumbersConversations with Friends etc) end up garnering lots of momentum I can see it being more easily displaced from the frontrunner position.

FYC:

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Since precursors haven’t happened yet, in terms of buzz Maid will be nominated but won’t win. Unless Maid wins the guilds, Landscapers or a 2022 release will win.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With the reviews that have come out there doesn’t really seem to be a consensus about Landscapers (some flat out raves, some less enthusiastic reviews about its storytelling) but Colman and Thewlis have received raves in every single one of the reviews released so far and supporting player Kate O’Flynn has received strong notices.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I suspect Landscapers gets in somewhere perhaps but isn’t expected to be a sweep scenario. If this was a major push for them there’d be more than 4 or 5 reviews the day post embargo.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s a competitive year but since 2000 HBO have gotten a limited/movie lead actress nominated all but once and that was in 2014 when they had no limited/movie lead actresses eligible.

Not saying either are locked but I’m kind of felling if not Colman or Chastain then who?

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not saying either are locked but I’m kind of felling if not Colman or Chastain then who?

Headey. Perennial nominee even with internal competition which she won’t have this time and good timing for release.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Headey. Perennial nominee even with internal competition which she won’t have this time and good timing for release.

I assume she’s supporting no? The log-line of the show seems to focus on Theroux and Harrelson’s characters.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I assume she’s supporting no? The log-line of the show seems to focus on Theroux and Harrelson’s characters.

Her character is (outside of being married to Harrelson’s) a CIA agent who dies in a plane crash that has a big impact on the whole Watergate affair so I’d say she could certainly be positioned as lead.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Her character is (outside of being married to Harrelson’s) a CIA agent who dies in a plane crash that has a big impact on the whole Watergate affair so I’d say she could certainly be positioned as lead.

Whew this sounds so baity!

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Whew this sounds so baity!

Baitier than being killed by bricks.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.