Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)
Created
3 months ago
Last Reply
2 weeks ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    TheCriticsChoice
    Topics:

Not sure if this has been discussed yet but Station 11 comes out on HBO on Dec 16 and the trailer looks amazing. Also NY Times announced it today on their list as one of the Best shows of 2021.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I just finished Scenes From A Marriage, and although I’m someone who hasn’t always been her biggest fan in the past, Chastain did THAT.

Oh absolutely! It’s a shame that her work on the show isn’t getting as talked about as Isaac’s (I say this but Isaac is my personal awards frontrunner whilst Qualley is probably mine in limited/movie actress) because whilst Isaac was fantastic, what Chastain did with such a complex character that wasn’t perfectly written was otherworldly. It was like watching a crescendo.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Landscapers is at a 100 percent in Rotten tomatoes.Colman and Thewlis are receiving raves.

Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

Colman keeeps winning! Its insane how great her career has been going since the night manager, and it is so deserved! She has been a GOAT since beforep

Profile picture
    beanie
    Topics:

I really hope Kaitlyn Dever can get a nomination for Dopesick. She deserved a win for Unbelievable

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kaitlyn Dever will get her due eventually regardless of what her chances end up being for Dopesick. She’s one of the most in demand actors of her generation right now.

FYC:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/pam-and-tommy-controversy

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

https://www.vogue.co.uk/arts-and-lifestyle/article/pam-and-tommy-controversy

Yeah, that article hits the nail on the head. I feel like I’m a bit older than a lot of posters here – I am just old enough to remember that (I was in early high school maybe?) and did not grow up in an area that was progressive and the way she was spoken about was hideous for years.

Done wrong this is….not cool and out of step with some of the more recent interesting re-explorations.

As I’ve said before, I’ll reserve judgement, but I’d hope it’s at the very least done with an exploratory lens (all that aside, makeup and hair is excellent).

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Forgive me if I’m late, but I’ve just realized that Hawkeye has switched from Drama to Limited Series in the SAG predictions center.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Does anyone else kind of feel like Landscapers has started airing with zero buzz? I haven’t seen anyone outside of critics talking about it.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Does anyone else kind of feel like Landscapers has started airing with zero buzz? I haven’t seen anyone outside of critics talking about it.

Are Thewelis and Colman doing any non-British press?

I was listening to some awards podcast the other day and I got the impression people might have had to request screeners and were blindsighted by it.  Maybe they’re hoping it gets in at the BAFTAs and has a long tail.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Are Thewelis and Colman doing any non-British press? I was listening to some awards podcast the other day and I got the impression people might have had to request screeners and were blindsighted by it. Maybe they’re hoping it gets in at the BAFTAs and has a long tail.

I’ve seen critics from both sides of the Atlantic talking about it but in actual press yeah I’ve only really seen Thewlis and Colman doing interviews over here.

I definitely think it’s accessible (forgive my usage of the word) enough as a show for both Colman and Thewlis to get in but as a show it kind of reminds me of another Colman Sky series in Mr. Sloane. It’s very “British” in a way that might be off putting to television academy voters.

I guess it would be silly to count Colman out completely considering who she is, the fact she may end up being HBO’s main push in this category and has Oscar buzz for The Lost Daughter but unless the show itself ends up performing better with the industry I don’t really see a path for Thewlis. Which is a shame because he should really be in the conversation to win everything.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s very “British” in a way that might be off putting to television academy voters.

Yeah, I haven’t seen it, but I know instinctively what you mean as someone who grew up on both US and British TV (Australian TV is almost universally like this).

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

What a duo

Chastain will pull a Michelle Williams and I hope Michael Shannon goes along the ride

Michael Shannon Duets With Jessica Chastain In ‘George & Tammy;’ John Hillcoat Directing Limited Series On George Jones & Tammy Wynette Marriage

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

What a duo Chastain will pull a Michelle Williams and I hope Michael Shannon goes along the ride

It’s on Paramount Network though…

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 196 through 210 (of 500 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.