Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

That’s not gona happen. Any person in sane mindset will know that as the cast is huge and there are plenty of supporting contenders. Besides, campaigning the titular charachters in supporting is disgraceful for a show which is supposed to honor the First Ladies’ journeys.

Exactly!

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Same. I don’ think Dever missing would mean anything given how ensemble-y it is, but Keaton somewhere at winter would be the barometer here I think. I quite like Will Poulter in this too.

Yeah, I’m not expecting Dever to get in at SAG at all. If she does though…whew. Keaton really should happen there, especially since that category isn’t very competitive.

Also, I thought The White Lotus wouldn’t be limited at the Emmy’s since a second season was announced and Coolidge is allegedly returning. Wouldn’t that mean it has to go drama or comedy now, based on the rules?

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Also, I thought The White Lotus wouldn’t be limited at the Emmy’s since a second season was announced and Coolidge is allegedly returning. Wouldn’t that mean it has to go drama or comedy now, based on the rules?

We don’t know yet if Coolidge is returning as Tanya or as another character. If it’s another character, it’ll be an anthology and will be able to keep competing here.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

We don’t know yet if Coolidge is returning as Tanya or as another character. If it’s another character, it’ll be an anthology and will be able to keep competing here.

Don’t quote me on it but I think the rules also allow her to come back in a very minor capacity as well (ie I guess for the first episode) – it’s common main characters that are considered a problem.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Watched the first ep of The Shrink Next Door. It’s not bad. I think it might end up quite…slight? The first three episodes are under 40 minutes and coupled with the tone and topic I feel like it’s sort of the limited series version of The Chair (in terms of the way people view it awards wise) except more prone to a vote split for Ferrell/Rudd

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

No person in sane mindset would campaign three actors in Lead.

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

And no one in sane mindset would campaign a cast of like 40 people exclusively in supporting, especially when you’d already be throwing everyone but the three FLOTUSs under the bus by doing so. Of course supporting would be the easier category for them to break into and perhaps even win, but if you’re gonna submit the three First Ladies in supporting for a show called The First Lady, then I don’t even know. If even Niecy Nash and Aunjanue Ellis (!!) were able to get nominated in lead for supporting, if not borderline-guest turns, then Anderson, Davis and Pfeiffer of all people can do so as well, assuming they deliver.

Plus, we need more lead submissions so we can have our six slots back!

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I will eat a crow if the FLOTUSs are submitted in supporting. In makes no sense. The show is about them! And I highly, highly, highly doubt they’re gonna submit everyone in supporting.

I mean they could all go lead but I’m rather shocked that every time someone mentions the possibility of them going supporting that strong and hostile reactions are evoked on here. If each First Lady has their own three episode focus and they all appear in the finale together as has been rumoured then Anderson, Davis and Pfeiffer will at most have 3 and a half hours of screen time. In my own personal awards that would make each of them lead but with similar situations at the Emmys recently we’ve seen distributors place them in supporting because it’s hard to judge a leading performance in a show that is anthological against someone playing a lead character in a limited series where they’re in every single episode.

Likewise Showtime aren’t dumb. Their strategists are going to know that in the history of the Emmy awards no show has ever gotten three leads into one category and in all likelihood they’re not going to want to risk that in a field that is already looking like a bloodbath.

Any person in sane mindset will know that as the cast is huge and there are plenty of supporting contenders.

Any person in a sane mindset will know that anyone who is billed as a recurring cast member in a limited series will be lucky to even be eligible for Emmy consideration.

Sure it’s not an apples to apples comparison but at the Oscars, Searchlight Pictures are using a similar strategy for The French Dispatch that myself and others on here are theorising Showtime could use for The First Lady and there are Academy Award WINNERS and nominees in that cast who they aren’t pushing because they’ve put everyone in supporting out of strategy.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Watched the first ep of The Shrink Next Door. It’s not bad. I think it might end up quite…slight? The first three episodes are under 40 minutes and coupled with the tone and topic I feel like it’s sort of the limited series version of The Chair (in terms of the way people view it awards wise) except more prone to a vote split for Ferrell/Rudd

Episodes 2 and 3 are over 40 minutes, the third one is around 50 actually. I like it so far — it starts to really get going in the third episode which was great. Hahn and Rudd are a lot of fun.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Wasn’t there a rule that said a series couldn’t submit 3 leads otherwise they’d be moved to the Supporting categories?

Anyway, I still believe Viola and Gillian will be submitted as Lead while Michelle will go as Supporting

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Anyway, I still believe Viola and Gillian will be submitted as Lead while Michelle will go as Supporting

I will honestly be surprised if they submit them in separate categories. I mean people have taken issue on here about how it will come across if they all go supporting so what message will it bring if they put one of the First Ladies in supporting and the other two in lead?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Wasn’t there a rule that said a series couldn’t submit 3 leads otherwise they’d be moved to the Supporting categories?

Brown, Hartley and Brown all went lead for This Is Us at one point, so it’s def possible.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Brown, Hartley and Brown all went lead for This Is Us at one point,

Well we know how that turned out that year.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Eh, Anderson, Davis and Pfeiffer are not comparable with Brown, Hartley and Ventimiglia.

But OK, we’ll wait and see. I would bet money on them all going lead. If they do go supporting tho and deliver, the others might want to run.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I will honestly be surprised if they submit them in separate categories. I mean people have taken issue on here about how it will come across if they all go supporting so what message will it bring if they put one of the First Ladies in supporting and the other two in lead?

They could submit all of them as leads but I think Pfeiffer will go supporting mostly because Ford’s time as First Lady was around 2 years and a half, while Michelle Obama and Eleonor Roosevelt did 8 and 12 years. I know it’s probably a dumb analysis to take that into consideration but I think the focus will be mostly on Michelle and Eleanor.

Brown, Hartley and Brown all went lead for This Is Us at one point, so it’s def possible.

Good to know, I probably dreamt it hahaha but I think someone asked why Kidman, Woodley and Witherspoon weren’t all Leads for BLL and someone answered with that

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.