Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +1 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Manav
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

People should stop thinking in Pam & Tommy as only a tv series about some sex tape and ignoring all the social messages the show could have regarding feminism, privacy violation and how celebrities are mistreated by media and audiences (especially women).

The reality is the show could definitely go either way.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

The reality is the show could definitely go either way.

Agreed, but I have hopes the show will be much more than just the sex tape, I mean if they were stupid enough to just keep it at that, then social media and cancel culture will distroy it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

With all due respect but The White Lotus could probably be forgotten by next year Emmys.

It could. But it still feels like Jennifer Coolidge’s performance is the talk of the town and I maintain that the industry could weigh in a lot differently on the show than the HFPA and CC have already done (the fact it got the AFI mention over Dopesick and Only Murders in the Building feels key).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

With all due respect but The White Lotus could probably be forgotten by next year Emmys.

I’ve thought about this, but I’ll wait the SAG noms to state if it’s going to be a Series contender or not. In fact, it’s still one of the buzziest shows out there and it aired in August, unlike something like Scenes From a Marriage or Impeachment, which came and went.

I could see most of the 2022 shows flopping tbh, and I’m not sure if The First Lady and The White House Plumbers will be ready on time for this season considering there’s no release date yet

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I could see most of the 2022 shows flopping tbh, and I’m not sure if The First Lady and The White House Plumbers will be ready on time for this season considering there’s no release date yet

Lena Headey has suggested White House Plumbers makes eligibility in an interview and it’s only 5 episodes so that could be as late as 2 May. The First Lady is 10 so should be dated soon – they’ve both been wrapped quite a while though.

There are very few things dated past the end of March at this stage anyway unless they’re returning.

I would imagine we start getting April releases in the next few weeks.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Yellowjackets might end up going to show that Showtime can still have a buzzy contender on their hands but Showtime’s recent history in these limited categories is still making feel concerned about The First Lady. It will probably be something that if well received has a lot of critical hype behind it but I worry with the network not being as visible as Amazon/Hulu/Netflix and their contenders might be… that it could end up being another Mrs. America.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Also Anatomy of The Scandal has been Ratings Classified on Netflix as has Pieces of Her (which I’m still unsure will go limited or drama as noted in the drama thread) which is usually a sign of something coming sooner rather than later (the former is listed on the authors socials/Amazon page as Spring anyway).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If we’re going by the recent trend of contenders being paired up with other releases from actors in their ensembles it would make sense for Anatomy of a Scandal to have an April release considering the new Downton Abbey movie comes out at the end of March.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

If we’re going by the recent trend of contenders being paired up with other releases from actors in their ensembles it would make sense for Anatomy of a Scandal to have an April release considering the new Downton Abbey movie comes out at the end of March.

Good point.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Ah Dopesick. I don’t know what to think about this one. On the one hand, I wholeheartedly support its intent – the Sackler family absolutely need to be held to account brought to justice. I was impressed by the show’s overt criticism of capitalism, which I felt went beyond the Sackler family. It communicated these ideas in a simple and effective way, and I think the show positively contributes to the television landscape. However, none of these things actually make it a great TV show. Despite award-worthy performances from Keaton and Dever (and some good work from Dawson), the characters all feel stock/archetypal. Regardless of whether this is intentional or not, it makes much of the drama feel artificial. The lack of chronology is definitely confusing – I honestly found something like Tenet easier to follow than this. It also spells everything out for the viewer, which felt overbearing at times. Overall though, it’s definitely necessary advocacy TV, and deserves recognition on some level.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Which 2022 Limitedseries make This year chance for the Emmys This season.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

), the characters all feel stock/archetypal. Regardless of whether this is intentional or not, it makes much of the drama feel artificial. The lack of chronology is definitely confusing – I honestly found something like Tenet easier to follow than this. I

lol on Tenet! I think it’s fine, I think what happens is the important thing not the chronology.

I think my thing with Dopesick is the way they’re telling the story – both kind of stock and a little bit traditional – works with the material. I don’t necessarily mind the spelling out of things to the viewer because I don’t think it needs to be obtuse, and as someone who doesn’t live in the US but is very aware of how chronic pain treatment evolved here (somewhat differently) it helped me grasp stuff I might not have gotten in context.

That said, I think Keaton might be stronger than the show.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

Which TV movies have the best chance this year?

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Which TV movies have the best chance this year?

From the ones already released, Maid and The White Lotus. From the ones yet to be release, First Ladies, Pam & Tommy, Anatomy of a Scandal, The White House Plumbers.

Profile picture
    Harmen Moes
    Topics:

From the ones already released, Maid and The White Lotus. From the ones yet to be release, First Ladies, Pam & Tommy, Anatomy of a Scandal, The White House Plumbers.

I mean TV-films not Limitedseries

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 466 through 480 (of 499 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 5)’ is closed to new replies.