Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 520 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Setia_Yasmine..
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I think they meant TV Movie not Actor. I do think Fresh could be a good contender for that.

Aren’t actors in most cases also submitted for TV Movie? (otherwise not disagreeing, reviews are good) I suppose they don’t have to.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottDMenzel/status/1484669435512168452

The comments made it seem like Pam & Tommy is good.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Aren’t actors in most cases also submitted for TV Movie? (otherwise not disagreeing, reviews are good) I suppose they don’t have to.

They usually are. Paul Bettany was submitted in lead for both Uncle Frank and WandaVision last year.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

They usually are. Paul Bettany was submitted in lead for both Uncle Frank and WandaVision last year.

Fresh and Pam and Tommy are both Hulu though.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Fresh and Pam and Tommy are both Hulu though.

True. I don’t think Stan is a contender for Fresh. I was more wondering about the film itself.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottDMenzel/status/1484669435512168452 The comments made it seem like Pam & Tommy is good.

I honestly don’t think it needs much to be a contender. At this point it feels quite clear people are going to tune in so really all it needs is for its audience to feel passionate about it and for it to be decently received (James and Stan being praised, it having a MC score that’s in the 70s).

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I honestly don’t think it needs much to be a contender. At this point it feels quite clear people are going to tune in so really all it needs is for its audience to feel passionate about it and for it to be decently received (James and Stan being praised, it having a MC score that’s in the 70s).

I sort of feel this is the case with anything that has en-masse viewership these days. Solid reviews but quite popular tends to get in over exemplary reviews but too small a base.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I don’t have it in my predictions right now because I feel like it might end up being to under-seen in the end but it really feels like Station Eleven has been building more industry visibility and buzz as time has passed. We’ll see whether it can land at PGA but I feel like on its worse day is in a similar position as a contender as It’s a Sin was last year (HBO Max critical darling that gets in at TCA and is a contender for a writing nomination).

FYC:

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

From the trailer, I got the feeling that Julia Garner’s performance in Inventing Anna will probably be a bit campy (and might I say brash) which might help her stick out among a lot of contenders in biopics. That accent really is unique and if Netflix can run the same kind of campaign which HBO ran for Winslet regarding the Delco accent,they can get postive press for the accent.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I think Inventing Anna might be actually acclaimed, sure it looks terrible, but i just have this weird feeling that this will blow up.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    sarahvsmovies
    Topics:

I think this is totally true and accurate but since finding out Jason Mantzoukas is voicing Tommy’s penis in the series I just don’t know what to make of anything with this show.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I think this is totally true and accurate but since finding out Jason Mantzoukas is voicing Tommy’s penis in the series I just don’t know what to make of anything with this show.

Sweep incoming

Profile picture
    Elsa Korr
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/ScottDMenzel/status/1484669435512168452 The comments made it seem like Pam & Tommy is good.

Scott Menzel is a typical contrarian on FilmTwitter, so take it with a grain of salt

FYC:
    Best Director: Edgar Wright, Guillermo Del Toro, Jane Campion
    Best Picture: Nightmare Alley, The Power of the Dog
    Best Actress: Kristen Stewart, Thomasin McKenzie, Rooney Mara, Tessa Thompson
    Best Actor: Benedict Cumberbatch, Bradley Cooper
    Best S. Actress: Cate Blanchett, Diana Rigg, Anya Taylor Joy
    Best S. Actor: Kodi Smit McPhee, Willem Dafoe, Richard Jenkins

Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

netflix seems pretty weak this year in miniseries they only have maid and inventing anna , they don’t even have a male lead performance that could upset keaton who is the frontrunner

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

netflix seems pretty weak this year in miniseries they only have maid and inventing anna , they don’t even have a male lead performance that could upset keaton who is the frontrunner

Don’t they have the Evan Peters/Ryan Murphy show?

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.