Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Setia_Yasmine..
  • Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

Not sure if this goes limited but, Tokyo Vice starring Academy Award nominees Rinko Kikuchi & Ken Watanabe premieres April 7 on HBO Max.

FYC: "This Is Us", "The Good Fight", "Severance" & "Hacks" in all categories.

Juliette Lewis ("Yellowjackets "), Mandy Moore ("This Is Us"), Kavyan Novak ("What We Do In The Shadows "), Edie Falco ("Impeachment: American Crime Story"), Drew Tarver & Heléne Yorke ("The Other Two")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not sure if this goes limited but, Tokyo Vice starring Academy Award nominees Rinko Kikuchi & Ken Watanabe premieres April 7 on HBO Max.

I believe it is drama but it’s possible I am wrong

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

These Television threads are going to go dead for a few days in the apocalyptic aftermath of the Oscar nominations.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

These Television threads are going to go dead for a few days in the apocalyptic aftermath of the Oscar nominations.

The opposite has happened in previous seasons actually. People (myself included) have gotten so tired of the Oscar nominations that we just decide to focus here.

The predictions centre for the Emmys also more or less launches after the Oscar nominations are announced so there’s that too.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Speaking of that, I am way too scared to go to the movie side rn after that one snub that is gonna set the world ablaze so just gonna post over here that Oscar noms are so much better than usual

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Speaking of that, I am way too scared to go to the movie side rn after that one snub that is gonna set the world ablaze so just gonna post over here that Oscar noms are so much better than usual

I’m so happy that Stewart made it in. Not only because she’s so incredibly deserving but also because the treatment she received this season online (especially after her SAG and BAFTA misses) was so awful.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m so happy that Stewart made it in. Not only because she’s so incredibly deserving but also because the treatment she received this season online (especially after her SAG and BAFTA misses) was so awful.

People were so unnecessary. I figured even if she didn’t make it in it might just be a few years off. Good for her. But I generally only attend the movie forums fleetingly  because I want to slap the stan wars through the computer.

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

I’m gonna be posted in the TV threads from now on – not that I wasn’t before, but Negga missing eliminates any interest I had in the Oscars this year.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

fair that was eggregious

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Also that Lead Actress nom Aunjanue got a few years ago for When They See Us from 100/1 was retrospectively telling of actors love for her.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’ve come here for refuge from the madness.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Dench getting in did not surprise me that much (it did surprise me that Balfe didn’t get in). When I watched Belfast with my family, my brother and I preferred Balfe but my parents and grandparents preferred Dench. So there’s that.
    (All preferred Hinds)

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I like these Oscar nominations. They were unpredictable at many places with really deserving nominees (mostly).

I’m sad about Villeneuve and Balfe getting snubbed.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I wonder if Villeneuve missing is because they want to give Part 2 the ROTK treatment. Jackson did miss for Two Towers afterall.

Profile picture
    Pranshu
    Topics:

I voted for Judi Dench (and the Mass ladies) over Catriona Balfe at the Goldderby Awards. The latter is terrific too but, Judi Dench gets the more powerful moments imo including that final scene!

I’m no film enthusiast, I happened to see a few films this year but I was overjoyed to see Jessie Buckley, Olivia Colman’s & TPOTD’s noms. The Lost Daughter & The Power of The Dog are Netflix’s finest this season.

FYC: "This Is Us", "The Good Fight", "Severance" & "Hacks" in all categories.

Juliette Lewis ("Yellowjackets "), Mandy Moore ("This Is Us"), Kavyan Novak ("What We Do In The Shadows "), Edie Falco ("Impeachment: American Crime Story"), Drew Tarver & Heléne Yorke ("The Other Two")

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.