Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Setia_Yasmine..
  • Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I wonder if Villeneuve missing is because they want to give Part 2 the ROTK treatment. Jackson did miss for Two Towers afterall.

It’s a good explanation. I told people here at GD that Branagh and Spielberg are not getting snubbed but I had no idea at all that Villeneuve will miss.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    mara
    Topics:

Conversations With Friends coming this May. They are probably releasing all 12 episodes in one go, bad idea. This season’s limited series are continuing to disappoint. 
    https://twitter.com/FilmUpdates/status/1491082601817579521

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It probably helps that the show has more pre-hype into it due to coming on the back of Normal People although yeah a May release is not ideal.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It probably helps that the show has more pre-hype into it due to coming on the back of Normal People although yeah a May release is not ideal.

I honestly think the only streamer/network that can get away with a May release is Netflix.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I honestly think the only streamer/network that can get away with a May release is Netflix.

Hacks premiered on May

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Hacks premiered on May

Sorry, I meant as a binge. I don’t know that HBOMax binge could do it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hacks premiered on May

That was a weekly release though.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Hmmm, I’m excited for Conversations with Friends but it needs more time to build buzz, imo. May is very late.

I know Normal People was end of April but it also helped that everyone was in lockdown and it became a bit of a phenomenon. That book was also a lot more popular. And even then, it still ended up missing out in series and lead actress (justice for Daisy!).

Hulu is also releasing The Girl from Plainville at the end of March. It doesn’t look good though and Fanning kind of looks bad.

https://youtu.be/CMvlzTsjvzI

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I know Normal People was end of April but it also helped that everyone was in lockdown and it became a bit of a phenomenon. That book was also a lot more popular. And even then, it still ended up missing out in series and lead actress (justice for Daisy!).

I definitely agree with that. But I also think at the same time I think the show has an advantage that Normal People didn’t in that due to Normal People blowing up the way it did as a sleeper hit, both Conversations with Friends (and Rooney) herself have gained more exposure. It may not be as popular a novel as Normal People but it definitely is one that is known and loved.

I doubt it will perform any better than Normal People did with the industry but I do think it’s probably more on the industry’s radar right now than Normal People was before it premiered which I guess could help.

lead actress (justice for Daisy!).

The worst snub of the category.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 10 posts - 511 through 520 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.