Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 192 total)
Created
2 weeks ago
Last Reply
2 hours ago
( +6 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
JV
  • Profile picture
    Villeneuve
    Topics:

That’s the thing. These people are great at making shows the audiences wants to see. Ratched and Bridgerton were audience hits, Hollywood and Halston went to the Emmys, The Politician has a solid fanbase, so I think it’s paying off. Netflix wants portfolio, not necessarily masterpieces. I think Inventing Anna will do really well with the Ginny and Georgia/Outer Banks demographic in the Netflix viewership.

I agree, they are making shows for the masses but like IDK for such a big platform and the power to cast and make some good show its odd that they are making pure crap, maid, unbelivable and TQG  are big shows that appealed to masses and also were very well made

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The accent was hammy but I guess I’m the only one who actually thought Garner looked quite good in the trailer lol.

FYC:

"The Good Fight" and "The Other Two" in all categories.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13207736/

this show is clearly gonna hit at the emmys lol

made by Ryan Murphy , directed by a 4 time dga and emmy winner , has 3 emmys winners ( one which was recently )  and a respected actress who has the most wins at the emmys , written by a 2 emmy nominee …etc

clearly a typical emmy bait lol

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

this show is clearly gonna hit at the emmys lol

made by Ryan Murphy , directed by a 4 time dga and emmy winner , has 3 emmys winners ( one which was recently ) and a respected actress who has the most wins at the emmys , written by a 2 emmy nominee …etc

clearly a typical emmy bait lol

At worst it will be another Halston and get an Actor nom/win + Techs

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

the thing it might not only win actor at the emmys , it has also supporting actress noms  for Niecy nash or Michael Learned and supp actor noms for Richard Jenkins and one of the newbies , and if evan wins the emmys over Micheal keaton , ocsar isaac and Colin Firth , paul Bettany ..etc he might become the youngest to achieve the both lead and supporting in emmy

emmys love Method actors and Evan clearly transformed as it said by his peers

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Murphy + Netflix factor aside, what really is going to help Evan here is that he’s probably going to have a fair bit of afterglow buzz because he’s coming off an Emmy win for Mare. I can also see Paul Bettany benefitting for similar reasons (because of WandaVision) for A Very British Scandal and Amanda Seyfried benefitting in the limited/movie actress race for The Dropout because this is her first “prestige drama” since she got nominated at the Oscars for Mank.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Setia Yasmine Khalil
    Topics:

man yes and Evan Peters can even win a typical emmy bait role à la Darren Criss  even if Michael Keaton sweeps the cc , gg and sag

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The accent was hammy but I guess I’m the only one who actually thought Garner looked quite good in the trailer lol.

Americans do not care as a voting body about accents as much as people think they do either

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

The thing is Evan peters going lead or supporting in monster I read the synopsis and it said it is done through victims eyes which means Evan isn’t the lead I don’t knowhis role could be similar to Darren Criss in ACS

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt13207736/ this show is clearly gonna hit at the emmys lol made by Ryan Murphy , directed by a 4 time dga and emmy winner , has 3 emmys winners ( one which was recently ) and a respected actress who has the most wins at the emmys , written by a 2 emmy nominee …etc clearly a typical emmy bait lol

Shall we pencil in Paris Barclay for that Directing nom right now

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

There is no way that Paris is not gonna nominated for this , I doubt this show gonna be like Hollywood or halston it may even have Emmy nominees for supporting roles too

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

I know people only talk about Evan peters lead as the only nom for acting for monster but what about Niecy Nash or Richard Jenkins as supporting ?? They could even pull an upset if the show isn’t that divisive

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Do we think that Monster will get a similar spot to Halston last year (ie mid to late May)?

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Do we think that Monster will get a similar spot to Halston last year (ie mid to late May)?

Probably. That also happens to be when Hollywood was released.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Probably. That also happens to be when Hollywood was released.

We should now call it the Ryan Murphy slot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 61 through 75 (of 192 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.