Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 520 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
( +2 hidden )
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Setia_Yasmine..
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

@wolfali Pretty sure they confirmed Winning Time is coming out in March, so I’m assuming that’s gonna make the eligibility deadline?

It’s definitely eligible. But there doesn’t seem to be confirmation on whether it will be competing in the drama or limited field.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It’s definitely eligible. But there doesn’t seem to be confirmation on whether it will be competing in the drama or limited field.

I know our interest in predictions is the least of their worries but it is so annoying not knowing lol.

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

https://mobile.twitter.com/kathygriffin/status/1483470448083943425

I hope Kathryn Griffin and her 2 million followers can help this show, because it’s going to need huge word of mouth, thanks to HBO release schedule with zero marketing and promotion. This and Landscapers were done dirty.

Is there any example of a late release show that was blanked in the winter awards but then proceeded to breakthrough at the Emmys ?

Anyway, Himesh Patel should be sweeping.

Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

I am starting to consider Sidney sweeney( hopefully I spelt her name right) as a contender. A major block of hype from Euphoria is focused on her, in fact she has more hype than Zendaya.  I doubt that voters will nominate her for Euphoria but I think visibility and let’s not forget the viral moment she had with The White Lotus will also help.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is there any example of a late release show that was blanked in the winter awards but then proceeded to breakthrough at the Emmys ?

No, but there aren’t many examples of late releases in the first place. Disney’s January release for WandaVision was kind of a rarity (if not novelty) in itself.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

Showtime: The First Lady

i’ve been seeing ads for Super Pumped, which premieres in February

EDIT: SP could be Drama, actually. not sure.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The Fallout trailer.

Premieres on HBO Max on Jan. 27. Big contender for TV Movie.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

The Fallout trailer.

Premieres on HBO Max on Jan. 27. Big contender for TV Movie.

Jenna Ortega is quite buzzy right now.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

I really hope Moon Knight is good and finally delivers my Hawke nomination. Wamdavision level please.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

No, but there aren’t many examples of late releases in the first place. Disney’s January release for WandaVision was kind of a rarity (if not novelty) in itself.

Yeah, a lot of the scheduling in general this year is pretty unusual. I think because the pandemic has moved all the ongoing programs to non-yearly schedules there’s a much higher degree of placing things where they can chase buzz or publicity.

suspect the rationale for Landscapers and Station Eleven might have been as simple as having cast members in awards contenders (ie The Lost Daughter for Colman and Patel is in Don’t Look Up). I’m not necessarily sure that has worked because the HBO and Netflix publicity machines are kind of different beasts, but I get it.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

The Fallout trailer. Premieres on HBO Max on Jan. 27. Big contender for TV Movie.

This got flat out RAVES when it premiered at SXSW. Definitely one to watch out for.

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

On that I can see Netflix running this in TV movie given they don’t have anything else unless something is coming April/May – it’s Coster-Waldau’s passion project (ie co-wrote/produced/leads) and I don’t think it’s getting a US release, just a Euro festival or two.

It also kind of fits with their international push and this kind of glut of ex-GoT cast projects that seem to be going to the last quarter (I’m presuming there’s an assumption there will be a ramp up on House of The Dragon press or a feeling there’s a strong sentiment they have a lot of goodwill).

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just a little aside that’s separate from this thread’s topic, has any category under the current voting system had a set of winners as strong as writing for a limited series/TV movie?

2015: Olive Kitteridge
    2016: “Marcia Marcia Marcia” – The People vs OJ Simpson : American Crime Story
    2017: Black Mirror : San Junipero
    2018: Black Mirror : USS Callister
    2019: Chernobyl
    2020: “This Extraordinary Being” – Watchmen
    2021: I May Destroy You

Hopefully whatever this year’s winner is lives up!

FYC:

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Every time I see this it still makes me smile.

Profile picture
    Labyrinth
    Topics:

Just a little aside that’s separate from this thread’s topic, has any category under the current voting system had a set of winners as strong as writing for a limited series/TV movie?

2015: Olive Kitteridge
    2016: “Marcia Marcia Marcia” – The People vs OJ Simpson : American Crime Story
    2017: Black Mirror : San Junipero
    2018: Black Mirror : USS Callister
    2019: Chernobyl
    2020: “This Extraordinary Being” – Watchmen

Hopefully whatever this year’s winner is lives up!

I really hope Mike White wins something for The White Lotus.He deserves both Writing and Directing imo.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 106 through 120 (of 520 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 6)’ is closed to new replies.