Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
JV
  • Profile picture
    Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Part 7 is now open.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Give her everything

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

First Predictions:

Limited Series:

1. The White House Plumbers
    2. Under the Banner of Heaven
    3. The First Lady
    4. Anatomy of a Scandal
    5. Dopesick

Lead Actor:

1. Andrew Garfield, Under the Banner of Heaven
    2. Michael Keaton, Dopesick
    3. Justin Theroux, The White House Plumbers
    4. Woody Harrelson, The White House Plumbers
    5. Ewan McGregor, Obi Wan Kenobi

Lead Actress:

1. Viola Davis, The First Lady
    2. Sienna Miller, Anatomy of a Scandal
    3. Michelle Pfieffer, The First Lady
    4. Margaret Qualley, Maid
    5. Amanda Seyfried, The Dropout

Supporting Actor:

1. Rupert Friend, Anatomy of a Scandal
    2. Kiefer Sutherland, The First Lady
    3. Domnhall Gleeson, The White House Plumbers
    4. O.T. Fagbenle, The First Lady
    5. Wyatt Russell, Under the Banner of Heaven
    6. Naveen Andrews, The Dropout

Supporting Actress:

1. Lena Headey, The White House Plumbers
    2. Michelle Dockery, Anatomy of a Scandal
    3. Daisy Edgar-Jones, Under the Banner of Heaven
    4. Kaitlyn Dever, Dopesick
    5. Naomi Scott, Anatomy of a Scandal
    6. Ellen Burstyn, The First Lady

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Is it confirmed “Under the Banner of Heaven” is coming for this year’s Emmy’s?

Profile picture
    starklinson
    Topics:

is it just me or are the BBC teasers for NP and CWF better than the Hulu ones

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

^ me to the Station Eleven cast but replace car with Emmy.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Is it confirmed “Under the Banner of Heaven” is coming for this year’s Emmy’s?

No but I’m assuming it will since it finished filming last year and it making eligibility would be in line with the schedules of their previous shows. FX also doesn’t seem to have any other contender releasing in the coming months apart from Pistols.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I was on Twitter a little bit and honestly, i don’t know what to do with Pam & Tommy, i know people are upset about the show not having Pam’s consent but the amount of others who are still watching it or simple ignoring that it’s quite big. Someone literally answered with “I already knew that part” when some reply was about Pam not being ok with the show, and then posted about how shocked she was about how the robbery happened.

It keeps me intrigued how the industry has been mostly silent about this issue, it’s been a week since the show premiered and a couple of weeks/months since we knew Pamela didn’t gave her approval and almost no one except for some random posts by media outlets/magazines here and there have mentioned this.

Others are saying something like being upset the show didn’t ask for Pamela’s consent and approval but Lily/Sebastian deserve Emmy nominations with the Make-Up and Costumes departments getting raves too. And let’s face it, Academy members can be really hypocrites sometimes.

I don’t have many reasons to predict them yet and i feel quite confident they won’t be nominated but from now to the Emmy noms are announced we could have surprises.

I do believe the show is pretty much done outside of the two leads and some below the line categories, and both James and Stan could easily miss because Lead Actress is a bloodbath  and while Lead Actor is more open, Stan is not being as acclaimed as James.

Profile picture
    eric
    Topics:
    ejaru1810
    Topics:
    wolfali
    Topics:

I was on Twitter a little bit and honestly, i don’t know what to do with Pam & Tommy, i know people are upset about the show not having Pam’s consent but the amount of others who are still watching it or simple ignoring that it’s quite big. Someone literally answered with “I already knew that part” when some reply was about Pam not being ok with the show, and then posted about how shocked she was about how the robbery happened. It keeps me intrigued how the industry has been mostly silent about this issue, it’s been a week since the show premiered and a couple of weeks/months since we knew Pamela didn’t gave her approval and almost no one except for some random posts by media outlets/magazines here and there have mentioned this. Others are saying something like being upset the show didn’t ask for Pamela’s consent and approval but Lily/Sebastian deserve Emmy nominations with the Make-Up and Costumes departments getting raves too. And let’s face it, Academy members can be really hypocrites sometimes. I don’t have many reasons to predict them yet and i feel quite confident they won’t be but from now to the Emmy noms are announced we could have surprises. I do believe the show is pretty much done outside of the two leads and some below the line categories, and both James and Stan could easily miss because Lead Actress is a bloodbath and while Lead Actor is more open, Stan is not being as acclaimed as James.

I think the problem with this show is that whilst it’s not lagging in visibility, it’s hard for people who even like it to fully get behind it (a bit like Euphoria in a sense). I mean I thought those three episodes were great but it just feels morally wrong to fully support this show when it was made without Anderson’s consent and essentially exploits her own sexual experiences. Sure its angling for a feminist angle and plenty of projects have been made without the subjects they’re based one’s consent but none of them were about a well liked actors’ consent being taken away from them and sex scenes with their partner being recreated in graphic detail. Whilst the show tries to offer a modernist look at the period and these events, its critique of sexism in the media and culture is contradicted by the fact that there’s an entire episode that’s pretty much focused on Anderson’s private parts. It feels both like it’s trying to be feminist and exploitative at the same time.

James can probably still surprise (although I’m not betting on that because lead actress is incredibly competitive this year) because the actors branch really seems to react strongly to actors “going against type” and she’s got really strong raves but I’d be surprised if it’s nominated for anything else above the line at this point because the categories are stacked and it feels quite polarising.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It keeps me intrigued how the industry has been mostly silent about this issue, it’s been a week since the show premiered and a couple of weeks/months since we knew Pamela didn’t gave her approval and almost no one except for some random posts by media outlets/magazines here and there have mentioned this.

To try and decipher some tea leaves:

A certain crew/industry Facebook group I’m in from way back had a thread on this which can be best summarised as women being a LOT more uncomfortable with the lack of permission than men. Crew don’t vote for actors though.

To read some internet tea leaves (IMDB, people also search for on Google, Google trends etc, etc) – this looks like it has quite a lot of drop off compared to the initial interest which suggests a lot of that interest might have been voyeuristic but ultimately fulfilled with an hour or two.  This seems like one to watch as the tone apparently does shift so might be an interesting one to see if it can “hold”  or draw people back.

The dark horse here, I think, might be Rogen. If you Google this, the “people also search for”#1 is Future Man – a show Rogen was in. His category is also probably less competitive and he’s going to benefit from episode 1 bias if this has drop off.

It’s actually fairly unusual for actors previous shows to track quite that heavily (none of the Gilded Age’s casts previous shows make the their top 10, Inventing Anna has a bunch of Shonda shows before Ozark)

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I honestly don’t think Pam & Tommy is going to be a thing. It was too late to get in at the winter awards but at the same time too early to generate an splash in a season packed with shows in the second half of eligibility. Voting doesn’t start until freaking June. And I doubt it will have the staying power of WandaVision.

And despite people always trying to say otherwise: Controversy hurts. For each Green Book and Bohemian Rhapsody, you have Licorice Pizza, Captain Phillips, Saving Mr Banks, Call Me By Your Name, The Last Duel, House of Gucci (some of these got a lot of noms but still didn’t do as well as expected)

I guess there will probably be some passion for Lily James, though. This is also a show that could do well with actors and writers.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

This is also a show that could do well with actors and writers.

Agree on actors (especially with regards to James) but I don’t think the writers are going to come close to nominating this show. The critics seem to be quite polarised on it and the writers branch tend to lineup with the critical consensus when it comes to the shows they nominate.

FYC:

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.