Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 505 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
4 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
JV
  • Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The Inventing Anna early reviews are all over the shop.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Inventing Anna opens at 54 on Metacritic.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Inventing Anna opens at 54 on Metacritic.

Profile picture
    Tyler
    Topics:

Wow this was really the one I was ready to gamble on even after the trailers…sounds like Shonda missed. Still gonna watch.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I really feel bad for Chlumsky because these reviews seem to suggest she’s not got great material to deal with. I was hoping this could be her Emmy competitive moment.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I really feel bad for Chlumsky because these reviews seem to suggest she’s not got great material to deal with. I was hoping this could be her Emmy competitive moment.

Yeah I got that feeling from the reviews as well. I do get the impression it will be watchable and it is Shonda so hopefully it is at least a commercial hit.

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

There doesn’t seem to be a consensus on Julia Garner. Some reviews claim that she is great as always, others claim that her performance is cartoonish.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The opening of The Telegraph’s review

There is a brilliant drama to be had from the story of Anna Delvey, and when someone makes one I’ll be sure to let you know. In the meantime we have Inventing Anna (Netflix), which takes this fascinating story of a con artist who scammed Manhattan society and breezes through it with all the depth of an Emily in Paris episode

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

Pam & Tommy is pretty much dead
    Inventing Anna is a mess
    Monster and Obi-Wan are missing the elegibity period apparently
    Station Eleven isn’t going anywhere
    Landscapers and Scenes From a Marriege flopped
    The White Lotus could be moved

Dopesick is the stronger show at the moment with GG/CC/SAG/DGA/PGA noms followed by Maid with GG/CC/SAG/WGA noms

This is getting interesting.

Profile picture
    Jojo1
    Topics:

By that time we already had TQG, IMDY and Wandavision last year

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

Pam & Tommy is pretty much dead Inventing Anna is a mess Monster and Obi-Wan are missing the elegibity period apparently This is getting interesting.

Sources from the Hollywood Reporter stated that Obi-Wan will premiere in May. There are only six episodes, so theoretically it can still be eligible.

Profile picture
    Drama King
    Topics:

Station Eleven isn’t going anywhere

Isn’t there a chance this won’t be true, if more people actually see it? The reviews were pretty good, and most people who actually saw it seem to be blown away, myself included. Thinking especially of the acting of Danielle Deadwyler, Himesh Patel, Nabhaan Riswan, Mackensie Davis….

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

Pam & Tommy is pretty much dead

I know you’re against the show and I respect that but at this point it’s too early to tell it’s dead.

Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

I know you’re against the show and I respect that but at this point it’s too early to tell it’s dead.

Actually i’m not against it because i love both Stan and James but i’m having more of a pessimistic approach to it due to the controversy around it

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Jason Mantzoukas was on The Watch podcast and (amongst others) praised Station Eleven . I think this gonna be like WandaVision where it missed the guilds (except DGA) due to it’s late premiere but manages to build up since.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 505 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 7)’ is closed to new replies.