Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 512 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
6 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

I’m sorry but this is ridiculous. How is Coolidge not a main character when she’s literally third on the call sheet lmaoo.

I think it indicates she might not be main cast for season 2, maybe just a guest.

Profile picture
    24Emmy
    Topics:

Sorry but 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 how on earth is this any different to AHS Apocalypse being submitted as a drama because of Lange’s Murder House character (who was also supporting and therefore not a ‘main’ character) returning?

AHS Apocalypse saw several characters return from Murder House and Coven.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Well Coolidge is probably locked so I hope this means the show has a good shot in Writing and Supporting Actor.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    Topics:
    This post was found to be inappropriate by the moderators and has been removed.
    Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

I find it hard to believe that a show this big, popular and acting driven will get only two acting nominations. It’s probably winning Limited Series at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daddario, Britton and Lacy also got in. Coolidge and Bartlett are obviously the early frontrunners for now.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

It doesn’t surprise me. The Sinner was competing in Limited Series with the same main character in each season, wasn’t it?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It doesn’t surprise me. The Sinner was competing in Limited Series with the same main character in each season, wasn’t it?

No. It was moved to drama in 2019 by the television academy when this rule came in place.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

I find it hard to believe that a show this big, popular and acting driven will get only two acting nominations. It’s probably winning Limited Series at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daddario, Britton and Lacy also got in. Coolidge and Bartlett are obviously the early frontrunners for now.

I agree, it’s probably coming for Series. The other contenders don’t really feel like winners.

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

AHS Apocalypse saw several characters return from Murder House and Coven.

Unless I’m mistaken, no ‘main’ character from any of the previous seasons returned (main meaning lead under the Emmy definition given that Coolidge is by all accounts a ‘main’ character on TWL other than the fact that she’s being submitted as supporting). There’s nothing to indicate that the rules are different if more than one ‘main’ character returns as opposed to just one returning. Let’s be real, this is HBO skirting the rules for their perceived benefit.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I wouldn’t be surprised if Daddario, Britton and Lacy also got in.

At this point unless the show falls in the series race I’d be surprised if Britton missed. A beloved veteran who is at the top of the ballot and is a familiar face to the television academy having received three nominations in lead for three different projects in the last decade. And is of course now competing with plum material for the most widely seen show in contention in these categories this season.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Unless I’m mistaken, no ‘main’ character from any of the previous seasons returned (main meaning lead under the Emmy definition given that Coolidge is by all accounts a ‘main’ character on TWL other than the fact that she’s being submitted as supporting). There’s nothing to indicate that the rules are different if more than one ‘main’ character returns as opposed to just one returning. Let’s be real, this is HBO skirting the rules for their perceived benefit.

Sarah Paulson, Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott all returned with the main characters of their seasons.

No. It was moved to drama in 2019 by the television academy when this rule came in place.

My bad, I thought it stayed in Limited.

Profile picture
    puck05
    Topics:

I agree. No other contender so far has come close in terms of buzz. Dopesick will only be a vehicle for Keaton.

Profile picture
    Babygirl
    Topics:

Omg I pray Lacy and Daddario get in, they are my MVPs

2X EMMY WINNER ZENDAYA

Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

Sarah Paulson, Connie Britton and Dylan McDermott all returned with the main characters of their seasons.

Fair enough – I stupidly forgot Britton returned, and misremembered Paulson’s category placement.

So as long as the returning character(s) was previously submitted in supporting, the series in question can stay in the Limited field under the current wording. The Academy needs to revise this, or at least make the definition of ‘main’ character more clear.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Sorry but 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣 how on earth is this any different to AHS Apocalypse being submitted as a drama because of Lange’s Murder House character (who was also supporting and therefore not a ‘main’ character) returning?

The Coven characters (and actors) were billed as leads/main characters in Apocalypse.

If anything, it was unfair for Black Mirror to be forced out of Limited into Drama.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 256 through 270 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.