Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
5 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

If anything, it was unfair for Black Mirror to be forced out of Limited into Drama.

It would compete in limited under the revised rules from last year like Small Axe did.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I find it hard to believe that a show this big, popular and acting driven will get only two acting nominations. It’s probably winning Limited Series at this point. I wouldn’t be surprised if Daddario, Britton and Lacy also got in. Coolidge and Bartlett are obviously the early frontrunners for now.

I am desperate for Britton to get another nom, it’s been a decade since her Nashville nom. She was delivering Emmy winning work in Dirty John and 9-1-1 but those were unfortunately too “low brow” to breakthrough.

Profile picture
    mf617
    Topics:

Until HBO announces that Coolidge is playing the same character (which they haven’t done and which Variety didn’t confirm in that article), there is no need to contest this ruling.

Now if it turns out she is playing the same character but that’s not confirmed until after Emmys nominations even though the show is shooting right now, that’s a whole other can of worms. But since that is not publicly the situation, it’s a moot point.

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Why even bother predicting David Simon. Emmys hate him so not even bothering predicting him.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

You know you’re a genuis when you cause this chaos.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

Profile picture
    Arias
    Topics:

Apple has set the release date for The Essex Serpent for May 13. Not sure if that’s a good move or even makes this year’s cutoff but it is based on a bestselling novel, is a dramatic period piece, stars Tom Hiddleston and Claire Danes and is directed by Clio Barnard who generated buzz with the 2021 feature Ali & Ava.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/essex-serpent-apple-release-date-1235206411/

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Apple has set the release date for The Essex Serpent for May 13. Not sure if that’s a good move or even makes this year’s cutoff but it is based on a bestselling novel, is a dramatic period piece, stars Tom Hiddleston and Claire Danes and is directed by Clio Barnard who generated buzz with the 2021 feature Ali & Ava.

https://variety.com/2022/tv/news/essex-serpent-apple-release-date-1235206411/

Since May 12th is the Emmy deadline for submitting the series for consideration, I assume they’ll release two episodes on 13th, with every subsequent week having two episodes released so that the series culminates by 3rd June (date of Chernobyl’s conclusion) or 10th June (date of Hacks’ S1 conclusion). The Emmy nominations voting starts on June 16th, so I suppose a release so close to voting is intended to keep the memory fresh so that it explodes in terms of nominations. I assume Apple TV is trying to replicate the success of HBO shows Chernobyl, Mare Of Easttown and Hacks which also ended so close to eligibility (Chernobyl on June 3rd and Mare Of Easttown on May 30th and Hacks on June 10th). They might be betting on the A list lead pair to attract viewers and build momentum through a 2 episode per week release strategy just like Hacks.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

The solitary show I can see going late but not qualifying (in drama I think) is Obi-Wan Kenobi, mostly because uploading that to an online platform is a leak risk. Most other shows won’t care.

Profile picture
    OneAndOnly
    Topics:

The release on STARZ is concerning but Roberts looks fantastic in Gaslit. If the show is a critical success, I could see her getting in.

Have a great day if you see this!

FYC:
    The Great
    Everything Everywhere All At Once
    Severance
    The Batman

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The release on STARZ is concerning but Roberts looks fantastic in Gaslit. If the show is a critical success, I could see her getting in.

Oscar winning actress wins the Limited Actress Emmy.

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Limited is the only category Starz have ever had any nominations in if I recall (albeit in 2011 and 2014, so not under this system).

Plus the fact it’s their sole series (compared to other services throwing everything at the wall) might help it focus.

Profile picture
    Benjamonster86
    Topics:

With regards to The White Lotus news, I agree that it is inconsistent with what they have done for AHS (unless Coolidge is a guest for S2 and not a regular). But I do feel like it is in the spirit of the rule. It is an athology series without question. It belongs here.

My blog: http://benjamonsterstv.blogspot.com/

My site: https://peaktvdatabase.weebly.com/

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Until HBO announces that Coolidge is playing the same character (which they haven’t done and which Variety didn’t confirm in that article), there is no need to contest this ruling.

The names of all the main characters have been revealed except for the one Coolidge is playing. I think at this point it’s obvious what HBO is trying to do and seeing their past history, they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway imo.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The names of all the main characters have been revealed except for the one Coolidge is playing. I think at this point it’s obvious what HBO is trying to do and seeing their past history, they don’t deserve the benefit of the doubt anyway imo.

Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

I agree. No other contender so far has come close in terms of buzz. Dopesick will only be a vehicle for Keaton.

And Maid only for Qualley. I still don’t buy that any of the supporting performances will end up getting in.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.