Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 512 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    TAF
    Topics:

Strange, the HBO Max March teaser doesn’t show anything about DMZ, but I read that it premieres March 17th.

Profile picture
    Jays
    Topics:

Seyfried in episode 3. Emmy!

It’s also crazy that she’s in her 30s and passes so easily for a college student in the first episode.

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

It’s also crazy that she’s in her 30s and passes so easily for a college student in the first episode.

Everytime I feel shocked by her age, last year with Mank i genuinely thought she was in her early 20s but she is 36! I’m hoping to age nearly as good as her lol.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    JV
    Topics:

Holy shit

What is happening

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Holy shit

What is happening

I already watched it, it’s good but those reviews are not what i expected. I’d give a 7/10.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    mporter455
    Topics:

Holy shit

100% on RT too

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

100% on RT too

It’s very Fargo-esque by way of the Fleabag producers (with a bit of a mystery box situation) so I can see why US reviewers like it but gosh I don’t know about audiences. I think it might read as very oddball to Americans.

Dornan is good in a very “Oh! This is in his wheelhouse?” way, and McDonald is a scene stealer.

Profile picture
    Ultraww17
    Topics:

When she wins the Oscar, cocktails a nomination for Scenes of Marriage which eventually leads to them winning their Emmy. (I know it’s far fetched but one can dream)

Who votes for the emmys? This is Jessica chastains and oscar isaacs career best performance so much raw emotion especially in ep 4 when he physically hits her you can hear jess sob😭

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I’m pretty sure kate winslets show was already nominated for the emmys and she wont be in the nominations so that gives jessica and oscar a chance for atleast a nomination.

It doesn’t work,…like that.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Holy shit What is happening

I heard it was quite a hit in Australia and UK. Can see it explode in ratings in the US as well (and let’s not forget Jamie Dornan has a huge fan base from Fifty Shades of Grey). 

The first episode of this limited series was released in the UK on 1 January 2022. Later all six episodes were released on BBC iPlayer. With an overall view of 18 million on its release, the series became the third most successful drama launch for the iPlayer.

With there being no massive hit till now, maybe we’re looking at our first one? Dornan has done a truckload of press for Belfast. Kate Winslet did a lot of press for Ammonite and it helped her when Mare Of Easttown became such a huge hit. I can see something like that happen with Dornan as well.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Kate Winslet did not win for Mare of Easttown because she did lots of press for Ammonite lmao.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

The campaign certainly did help Winslet to gain visibility and positivity from the press early on.

Emmy FYC

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It certainly did help to gain visibility and positivity from the press early on.

It  helps Dornan that he’ll still be around doing Belfast press for the next month without the pressure of being individually nominated.

I still think Americans might find this a bit too oddball though.

Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Winslet is not someone that would need a visibility boost and I don’t know how much positivity that stinker would’ve brought anyway.

Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

It helps Dornan that he’ll still be around doing Belfast press for the next month without the pressure of being individually nominated. 

Yes. I can expect a fair amount of coverage by publications due to the fact that Dornan literally went to every single interview of every magazine/show.

Emmy FYC

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.