Home Forums Television Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
Victor
  • Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Finished Dopesick the other day and I quite enjoyed it. Very tough subject to get through but I thought it was well handled and engaging. I had some issues with the constant time changes, at first, but then I got used to it. Very strong ensemble, Keaton was amazing but Dever was easily the MVP. What an incredible and heartbreaking performance. If there was any justice, she would be easily winning the Emmy.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Obi-Wan Kenobi has been pushed back to May 27, but the first two episodes will premiere together.

Seems even less likely they’ll be eligible now (the finale will air a month and a half after the entry deadline for hanging episodes).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

With the exception of the first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the rest of the season will air on Wednesdays. The finale will then air on June 22nd.

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Inventing Anna still holding strong on the Nielsen charts.

Netflix Rules Nielsen Streaming Chart With ‘Inventing Anna’, ‘Vikings: Valhalla’ & ‘Worst Roommate Ever’

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

With the exception of the first two episodes of Obi-Wan Kenobi, the rest of the season will air on Wednesdays. The finale will then air on June 22nd.

Why are the first two on a Friday? having D+ shows premiere on Wednesdays have been their entire M.O. since Loki a year ago (not to purposefully compete with their feature films).

And wasn’t May 25th picked intentionally due to it being the 45th anniversary of Star Wars being released in cinemas?

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Why are the first two on a Friday?

FYC:

Profile picture
    methaddiction
    Topics:

Inventing Anna has been in the top 10 on Netflix (in the US) for so long.. maybe Julia really is coming.

Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Isn’t this also the same as Top Gun is opening too?

💀

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Isn’t this also the same as Top Gun is opening too?

💀

Lady Gaga coming for her #2 Oscar wbk

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Is anyone just finding it more and more difficult to keep on top of these shows? When it was February and it was just The Gilded AgeMaisel, Pam and Tommy and Severance it was just about bearable but I just feel like this gif now…

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

Is anyone just finding it more and more difficult to keep on top of these shows? When it was February and it was just The Gilded Age, Maisel, Pam and Tommy and Severance it was just about bearable but I just feel like this gif now…

Back then I was overwhelmed and right now I’m even more so
    I’m 3 episodes behind on The Dropout, didn’t finished The Gilded Age yet, didn’t start The Girl from Plainville. I only saw Pachinko and that was because I was super curious.

FYC:

"Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

Kaley Cuoco ("The Flight Attendant"), Janelle James ("Abbott Elementary"), Mandy Moore ("This is Us"), Colin Firth ("The Staircase"), Christine Baranski ("The Good Fight"), Katja Herbers ("Evil").

Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Back then I was overwh and right now I’m even more so I’m 3 episodes behind on The Dropout, didn’t finished The Gilded Age yet, didn’t start The Girl from Plainville. I only see Pachinko and that was because I was super curious.

I have:

– 2 episodes (now 3) behind on Pachinko.
    – Not finished Bridgerton yet.
    – Only just caught up on the last two episodes of The Dropout today.

And in terms of shows on my watchlist I have not started any of the following:

Atlanta season 3
    Euphoria season 2
    Evil season 2 (still need to finish season 1!)
    The Girl From Plainville
    The Great season 2
    Julia
    Midnight Mass
    – Somebody Somewhere

I also started bingeing Insecure and Better Things over Christmas and still need to go back to both after not having seen any further episodes since December (especially the latter which I was really enjoying). I was on season 3 of the former and season 2 of the latter.

I’m someone who usually watches a lot but there is just too much television in this cycle and not enough time. With some of these shows if they don’t have subject matters or strong word of mouth to pique my interest I’m just going to ignore them unless I end up having more time later in the season or they surprise with nominations at the Emmys because it’s just such a gigantic mess trying to keep up.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

is just too much television in this cycle and not enough time. With some of these shows if they don’t have subject matters or strong word of mouth to pique my interest I’m just going to ignore them unless I end up having more time later in the season or they surprise with nominations at the Emmys because it’s just such a gigantic mess trying to keep up.

Couldn’t agree more.
    Reading your comment I remembered that Bridgerton exists and i didn’t get into it yet, and I’m behind on Julia and Minx, will probably be behind on Slow Horses and so on …
    It’s really a lot.

FYC:

Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

Is anyone just finding it more and more difficult to keep on top of these shows? When it was February and it was just The Gilded Age, Maisel, Pam and Tommy and Severance it was just about bearable but I just feel like this gif now…

ha, I was having this discussion with friends, I watch tons of tv more than the average and I can’t keep up. So I don’t know how people do it. All this limited series back to back are killing me, it’s gotten to point that I do it by network/streamer week. Like one week catch up on a specific network. Then another the next week. And April looks even worse

Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’m someone who usually watches a lot but there is just too much television in this cycle and not enough time. With some of these shows if they don’t have subject matters or strong word of mouth to pique my interest I’m just going to ignore them unless I end up having more time later in the season or they surprise with nominations at the Emmys because it’s just such a gigantic mess trying to keep up.

I feel like this too. I’m doing a lot of pilots and if I’m not hooked I am moving on. There’s so much coming out

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 512 total)

The topic ‘Emmys 2022 Predictions: Movie/Limited Categories (Part 8)’ is closed to new replies.