Home Forums Television Emmys Below The Line 2022

Emmys Below The Line 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 119 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
5 days ago
replies
views
users
braydenfitzsi..
wolfali
kat_ebbs
  • Profile picture
    Leiylna Ana
    Topics:

Pam and Tommy and American crime story will have many below the line
    Same as maybe monster especially with the makeup made by three Emmy winners

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Was gonna say pencil this in for Music & Lyrics nom, but watch it not be submitted like Lo Vas a Olvidar

Spoilers for Episode 3’s opening below

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

InB4 she gets an Emmy before she gets a Grammy

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    mafro987
    Topics:

The fact that Station Eleven is likely not sweeping the Limited field (or probably even winning anything) below the line is scary 💀 the cinematography, the music (both score and supervision), the production design, the casting … spellbinding.

FYC: Station Eleven in all categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Victor
    Topics:

The fact that Station Eleven is likely not sweeping the Limited field (or probably even winning anything) below the line is scary 💀 the cinematography, the music (both score and supervision), the production design, the casting … spellbinding.

I’m yet to finish (on ep 8) but it’s easily the best series of the cycle so far, no matter the gender.

FYC:

"Succession" and "Severance" in all Drama categories;
    "Ted Lasso" and "The Great" in all Comedy categories;
    "Station Eleven" and "The White Lotus" in all Limited categories + Ethan Hawke for "Moon Knight".

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Ted Lasso getting moved to 1 hour with the MPSE guild nominations today is interesting. I wonder if it will be moved at the Emmys as well?

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Book of Boba Fett nominated as Limited Series at the MPSE guild awards (but Loki was also nominated in the same category, so I don’t know…)

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

It’s interesting how for once these below the line period/fantasy categories seem to be so wide open. Bridgerton and Maisel are the only returning BTL favourites in those categories.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

Ted Lasso getting moved to 1 hour with the MPSE guild nominations today is interesting. I wonder if it will be moved at the Emmys as well?

I strongly support this move. Most of the later episodes of S2 clocked in around 45 mins if I recall correctly.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

The end stretch was all 40mins+. From the first 7 episodes, the longest was “Rainbow” at 38 mins. From episode 8 (“Man City”) onwards, every was 40mins+

• “Man City” – 45 mins
    • “Beard After Hours” – 43 mins
    • “No Weddings and a Funeral” – 46 mins
    • “Midnight Train to Royston” – 42 mins
    • “Inverting the Pyramid of Success” – 49 mins

I can see Apple submitting to both Half-Hour and Hour though, like Mandalorian did.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    morgana_devacelli
    Topics:

I’m here for a Lana nom and win. They better give my girl her flowers!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I can see Apple submitting to both Half-Hour and Hour though, like Mandalorian did.

I assume the television academy would probably amend the rules after that happened wouldn’t they?

It would be a poor choice if they didn’t.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    2021ravenclaw1
    Topics:

Some thoughts I have:

Watercolor Eyes from Euphoria, The Squid Game song from SNL, and Save the City from Hawkeye will be nominated for Outstanding Original Music and Lyrics. I think Watercolor Eyes is the frontrunner but if Squid Game is extremely beloved it could take the win

Haven’t seen all of these so I could be wrong in assuming, but my predicted frontrunners for stunts: Squid Game, Cobra Kai, Moon Knight, Hawkeye, and The Book of Boba Fett

Predicted frontrunners for visual effects: Loki, Moon Knight, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Squid Game, and The Book of Boba Fett

The Loki score should definitely be nominated

Predicted frontrunners in costume categories (not going to specify which cause I don’t want to do it incorrectly): Loki, Hacks, Euphoria, The Masked Singer, and The Book of Boba Fett

I think Euphoria will be nominated for cinematography

For Outstanding Choreography for Variety or Reality Programming I could see Daniella Karagach, Derek Hough, and Jenna Johnson scoring nominations for their work on Dancing with the Stars. With World of Dance and So You Think You Can Dance not eligible this category is much harder to predict (at least for me) so I don’t really know what else would go here. If Aidan Bryant’s aerial choreography on America’s Got Talent is eligible, he’ll get nominated for sure.

For Outstanding Host for a Reality or Competition Program I predict the nominees will be: RuPaul, the Queer Eye crew, the Shark Tank crew, the Top Chef crew, and either Nicole Byer for Nailed It! or TJ Lavin for The Challenge: All Stars (the normal show has never been an Emmy’s contender, but this was a very well-received version of it that was critically and commercially well-received, if he’s ever getting in it’s this year)

For Outstanding Character Voice-Over Performance I think we could see Chadwick Boseman win a posthumous Emmy for his work on What If…? I could also see Jeffrey Wright getting in for his role as The Watcher in the show, and also on the Marvel side Tara Strong as Miss Minutes in Loki could get a nomination. If Maya Rudolph does a voice over role again she will get nominated and could win.

Guest Actor and Guest Actress (will have a better view on this later on in the eligibility period)- On the comedy side I could see Viola Davis getting in for Peacemaker (I haven’t and will not watch the show, but I’m sure she’ll do a phenomenal job with what she’s given), and we will definitely see a few Saturday Night Live nominees. On the Drama side I could see Pedro Pascal getting in for The Book of Boba Fett and Richard E Grant getting in for Loki.

I could definitely see Carpool Karaoke getting the repeat victory in Outstanding Short Form Comedy, Drama or Variety Series

Structured Reality Program will likely go to Queer Eye and if not than it will go to Shark Tank

What…If? Is the only animated program eligible that I’ve seen, but I’m assuming it’s a contender. Being from Marvel means it could be one of the most watched programs eligible, and it also has a HUGE cast so I could see it at the very least being nominated here

“Every time someone tries to win a war before it starts, innocent people die. Every time”

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Just started Apple’s The Afterparty and there’s no way these opening credits are missing Main Title Design, this branch is obsessed with animated openings inspired by the style of Saul Bass.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Brayfers
    Topics:

Dopesick:

• Sound Mixing
    • Costume Design
    • Music Supervision
    • Production Design
    • Picture Editing

Station Eleven:

• Music Composition
    • Music Supervision
    • Sound Mixing
    • Sound Editing
    • Production Design
    • Costume Design
    • Cinematography
    • Picture Editing

Letterboxd: Brayfers

Multi-Grammy Winning Artist - Olivia Rodrigo

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 119 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.