Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 407 total)
Created
4 months ago
Last Reply
52 mins ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
mariogomez

• Drama King
    Topics:

Not sure I’ve seen it on here, but does anyone else think Reboot (on Hulu) might have some legs in Winter awards? It’s been well received, and then the last (and best so far) episode has been meme-d all over my timelines…

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

I feel like Reboot is going to get buried among similar new comedies with a creative premise like Schmigadoon, Physical, Welcome to Wrexham etc, but the only thing that gives me pause is that Steven Levitan could get it in just based on his prestige and name recognition, as well as the stacked cast (although the cast hasn’t really helped the other shows I’ve mentioned). I’ve mainly been watching for Rachel Bloom who I think is doing an amazing job, really nice to see her on my screen again.

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not sure I’ve seen it on here, but does anyone else think Reboot (on Hulu) might have some legs in Winter awards? It’s been well received, and then the last (and best so far) episode has been meme-d all over my timelines…

It’s been mentioned but would probably need to build. They’ll campaign it, on a certain level it is basically made for industry.

ReplyCopy URL

Reis
    Topics:

HBO have removed The White Lotus from limited on their FYC site 👀

ReplyCopy URL

Drama King
    Topics:

It’s been mentioned but would probably need to build. They’ll campaign it, on a certain level it is basically made for industry.

yeah, exactly re: made for industry. I mean to take one example, here’s a Twitter thread of TV writers basically geeking out over the writing.

ReplyCopy URL

Couverture
    Topics:

HBO have removed The White Lotus from limited on their FYC site 👀

Did they have it there before? Because the site is still being worked upon so it might just be related to that. The header slide has shows from the previous season and they haven’t added eligible but unaired stuff like Avenue 5, The Idol, The Vow etc yet either.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

Did they have it there before?

Yep. Although they could have just forgotten to remove it when they updated the site after the Emmys and will update it when season 2 comes out.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

Vicki Leekx
    Topics:

Could Samantha Morton be added to predictions centre for The Serpent Queen please?

FYC:

Zar Amir Ebrahimi - Holy Spider (Best Actress)
    Ana de Armas, Julianne Nicholson - Blonde (Best Actress, Supporting Actress)
    Samantha Morton - She Said (Best Supporting Actress)
    Kerry Condon - The Banshees of Inisherin (Best Supporting Actress)

ReplyCopy URL

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

yeah, exactly re: made for industry. I mean to take one example, here’s a Twitter thread of TV writers basically geeking out over the writing.

Witherspoon is also a fan of it too

ReplyCopy URL

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, it’s the kind of thing that gen pop could ignore but industry will love. It might be suited to CCA/SAG than Globes IMHO, but that could be a misread.

ReplyCopy URL

mariogomez
    Topics:

Can someone add Friend of The Family to the prediction center, please? The show is receiving good reviews and probably could snag some nominations in the supporting categories.

ReplyCopy URL

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Was just talking about this in a different thread but it’d be nice if this could finally break Peacock into awards recognition.

ReplyCopy URL

mariogomez
    Topics:

Probably it Will. I mean , there is Paquin and Hanks i’m supporting roles and the límites supporting categories feel very empty. So, they could be there.

ReplyCopy URL

Chunky Dory
    Topics:

Could we add some P Valley actors to the prediction center too? Also, Samantha Morton for The Serpent Queen.

ReplyCopy URL

mariogomez
    Topics:

Could we add some P Valley actors to the prediction center too? Also, Samantha Morton for The Serpent Queen.

Samantha Morton is already in the prediction center as Drama Actress and should add her to your predictions. She is a lock for a nomination. It´s a new show and is Morton in a commanding turn. Globes priories fresh shows rather than old ones.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 166 through 180 (of 407 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.