Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 546 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
mariogomez

• braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Chris, can you add Claes Bang to the prediction center,please?

Just watching Bad Sisters, and his performance is truly award worthy.

Could Anne Marie Duff (Bad Sisters) be added as well?

mariogomez
    Topics:

Could Anne Marie Duff (Bad Sisters) be added as well?

She is very good, too. The acting in Bad Sisters is really good but the real MVP here and the best villain of the year is Bang, I have no doubt.

For example, I had trouble believing Antony Starr in The Boys

But Bang´s villain, Jesus! He is really so despicable. The HFPA will not forget this performance, is just what they like!

wolfali
    Topics:

I hadn’t actually thought of Claes Bang as a contender (mainly because of how divisive his performance was) but I actually think he makes sense if the Globes do take to Bad Sisters considering how barren the field is. He’s very established in Europe and he has extra visibility this year because of The Northman.

Sadly regardless of how much the HFPA ends up taking to Bad Sisters (which I’m not really confident in them doing tbh, I only have Horgan in here because of her strong industry buzz and because Drama Actress is so weak this year) I don’t see Duff getting in even though in a just world she’d be competing with Ralph, Debicki and Seehorn for the win. Supporting Actress is just too goddamn competitive this year and she’s too unknown a name.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Since we’re on the topic of contenders that aren’t available to predict, can we get Will Sharpe added as an option? He’s already been singled out by a few new HFPA members, for both The White Lotus and his past BAFTA-winning work on Giri/Haji.

mariogomez
    Topics:

I hadn’t actually thought of Claes Bang as a contender (mainly because of how divisive his performance was) but I actually think he makes sense if the Globes do take to Bad Sisters considering how barren the field is. He’s very established in Europe and he has extra visibility this year because of The Northman.

The HPFA usually nominate best performances, not only going for a show and nominate without a purpose, just like the Emmys. For example, the fact that many people are confident in Fahy, James, Sharper, Imperioli getting nominated is very absurd for me, in my opinion, the Globes doesn´t work like that, the Globes usually nominated flashy, stealing performances in supporting categories, (Neither Fahy, Sharpe, Imperioli and the overrated performance of James aren´t flashy or stealing) they loved that.
    (My point of mention White Lotus people are more Emmy worthy than Globes worthy, because Bang´s performance is on a different level than everyone in White Lotus, for example, mainly for the role, that is a meaty one)

Another thing that I found absurd is that Walter Hauser isn´t in first place in his category, because I´m very confident he will win.

Maybe I´m wrong, but I don´t think HFPA member will forget Bang performance.

In the reviews I read, in all of them, Bang performance was praised by critics.

In my case, I can only make an opinion of things that I´ve watched.

Victor
    Topics:

The HPFA usually nominate best performances

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

mariogomez
    Topics:

Agree, but that category was empty, and among the contenders was the most decent.
    Like Donald Sutherland in the Undoing , his performance was decent but there we’re not enough contenders.

Emmys nominated Colman for Fleabag , Stulhbarg for the Looming Tower, Whitetspoon for second season of Morning are coming in My mind and I was thinking that there were a lot of contenders in respective.

This year , all the categories are really interesting, because of the amount of contenders , let’s see.

Chloe Sevigny stan <3
    Topics:

Please add Chloe Sevigny for The Girl From Plainville!

Oscar FYC!!:

Best Picture: Bones and All
    Best Actress: Andrea Riseborough (To Leslie)
    Best Actor: Colin Farrell (The Banshees of Inisherin)
    Best Supporting Actress: Dolly De Leon (Triangle of Sadness)
    Best Supporting Actor: Brian Tyree Henry (Causeway)

OneAndOnly
    Topics:

All I know is, “Interview With The Vampire” better get something in both Emmy’s & Golden Globes, I swear it deserves all the awards

I will always love you

mariogomez
    Topics:

https://www.hollywoodreporter.com/tv/tv-features/8-standout-performances-post-emmys-tv-1235267593/

Interesting post of the Hollywood Reporter. Definitely could see some of them in the Globes first and then Emmys.

I have to watch This is Going to Hurt, everyone is praising Wishaw.

mafro987
    Topics:

Reminder that the Globes still need to do the right thing and nominate Deadwyler for Station Eleven. I don’t care how unlikely it is. The way she clears every other eligible performance in that category combined 💀 it’s looking empty enough for her to have a (small) chance despite low visibility.

FYC: Danielle Deadwyler, Best Actress in a Leading Role

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Agree, but that category was empty, and among the contenders was the most decent.

There was Jeremy Strong but I guess they didn’t want to double dip on Succession leads. Really surprised they didn’t go for Penn Badgely in You, it was its first season on Netflix after becoming a pop cultural sensation and Netflix had literally nothing else in drama that year.

mariogomez
    Topics:

I need to watch Station Eleven, but I don´t think I will make it jeje, still having other priorities and watching everything is impossible, but for HFPA who decide to vote for TV sections, is not impossible and they will watch, because I don´t think 3 women of The White Lotus will be in that category, The Globes usually don´t work like that, there have to be really amazing performances to be nominated, that is not the case, Plaza is the only one who does something really amazing, Coolidge is in automatic pilot with her season one performance , and Fahy is more an Emmy contender.

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Reminder that the Globes still need to do the right thing and nominate Deadwyler for Station Eleven. I don’t care how unlikely it is. The way she clears every other eligible performance in that category combined 💀 it’s looking empty enough for her to have a (small) chance despite low visibility.

She needs to win. Period.

Like you said, she clears literally every other contender in the prediction centre with ease.

adriandecker770
    Topics:

Deadwyler brought me to tears in the finale. She didn’t have a huge amount of screentime but she devoured every second she was on camera. Station Eleven wouldn’t be what it is without her.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 406 through 420 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions’ is closed to new replies.