Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 546 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
mariogomez

• wolfali
    Topics:

I really hope they make exciting choices in the comedy actress category. Byrne, Cuoco and Lancashire are just in another league and it’s ridiculous that we could find ourselves in a world in two weeks where none of them get nominated.

FYC: Better Call Saul, The English and The Good Fight in all categories including Emily Blunt, Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Haven´t seen anyone of those performances, but if they´re good and showy, you can count that at least one of the three you mentioned will be nominated.

Lance
    Topics:

I think Jeremy White Allen will win, the HFPA loves to give new freshman series actor wins. Like Ramy and Mozart in the Jungle. Also the HFPA has been really watching FX on HULU shows a lot in the past couple years.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Still 10 more days for the Golden Globe nominations, right now I only have my final predictions for the Limited Supporting Actor category selecting the 5 strong possible choices and why: (Alphabetical order)

1.- Domhnall Gleeson (The Patient)
    2.- Matthew Goode (The Offer)
    3.- Paul Walter Hauser (Black Bird)
    4.- Richard Jenkins (Dahmer)
    5.- Seth Rogen (Pam & Tommy)

Well, my reasons for these choices: showy performances all of them, all of them have enough screen time to shine. I suspect that Globe voters will put Gleeson in supporting because of the already stacked Actor in a Limited Series category, so maybe they want to recognize Carrel in that race. My reason for Goode is that he is in one show that is about one of the best films in the movie history and HFPA loves that kind of show, plus he is the soul of the show, stealing every scene he is.

Posible surprise here: Ray Liotta (Black Bird)

Overestimated performances: All of the White Lotus Sicily contenders, good work of all of them, nothing espectacular and very limited screentime of all of them, and the fact that the women have better roles in this show. So, comparing all the contenders usually HFPA nominate, is very hard to imagine one of these guys being nominated.

Victor
    Topics:

I think that if The White Lotus does overperform mariogomez is going to have a heart attack because giiiiiiiiiiirl, we got your point already.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

mariogomez
    Topics:

Jajahaha, nah, I love the show, and every sunday just in time to watch new episode, and enjoy every line dropped by Abraham is a joy to watch. Italian women are amazing. If the show overperforms good , really good, but I really hope HFPA goes with many shows and no only with one. I have to be fair, the performances are really good, but there are performances with better scripts, I think. There are so many shows this year, so expect to see variety in nominees, that’s all.

Lance
    Topics:

I feel that at least one White Lotus guy will get in.

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Heartstopper feels like could be underestimated here. Performing decently on YE lists, travels well internationally, has Colman’s star power attatched and it would be a good look for them, especially after Connor’s forced coming out still being a topic of conversation months later.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Predictions for Comedy/Drama Supporting Actor Category: (Alphabetical order)

1.- Claes Bang (Bad Sisters)
    2.- Antony Carrigan (Barry)
    3.- Matt Smith (House of The Dragon)
    4.- John Turturro (Severance)
    5.- Tyler James Williams (Abbot Elementary)

Well, I´m doing the same exercise that I did in Limited Supporting Actor category, except these are not my final predictions for this category, because I have my doubts. Have to wait until next week to finish watching Interview of The Vampire. Right now, my reasons:

1) First, I think if there is an automatic nominee here and I think is Williams, is a good performance I think, but this is happening because of complaining about the HFPA of not having enough diversity.
    2) Smith, well I have my doubts about him, because House of the Dragon is not his show, and he is not even the MVP, but analyzing the options, there are not many competitions in this one. (Smith is my favorite performance in House of The Dragon, but this is Considine, D´Arcy, Cook and Alcock show)
    3) John Turturro, well is a small part in Severance, but he is so amazing in this one, he is a lock for a nomination in this category.
    4) Carrigan, well in my opinion he is the MVP of Barry in the third season of Barry, that last episode, he delivered such a powerful performance, you can see the fear in his face, the man is so damn good. I am putting a comedy contender because suspect they´re going to go with 3/2.
    5) Bang, well, my judgement is that HFPA loves these performances, that are showy and flashy, they love to nominate delicious villainous portraits such as they did with Tobias Menzies in Outlander and James Spader in The Blacklist, so I´m very confident in this one.

Posibles surprises: Sam Reid (Interview with the Vampire), Christopher Walken (Severance)

Steppenwolf
    Topics:

Just curious, what do you guys think about Emma D’arcy’s chances to get into lead actress?

Victor
    Topics:

Just curious, what do you guys think about Emma D’arcy’s chances to get into lead actress?

I would be more comfortable if they were more fans of GoT, because they never really care for it that much.
    But other than that D’Arcy is the new young hot fresh face they always nominate in a enormous show, they make sense.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Yeah, the fact they were never keen on GoT gives me pause, that said, the TV landscape has changed a lot in the last few years and the show is quite structurally different.

I also don’t necessarily think D’Arcy is the breakout in a substantive enough way to be absolutely declarative – I suspect other people would tell you it’s Alcock or Cooke.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Heartstopper feels like could be underestimated here. Performing decently on YE lists, travels well internationally, has Colman’s star power attatched and it would be a good look for them, especially after Connor’s forced coming out still being a topic of conversation months later.

I’d be quite happy to see Heartstopper. I’m going to go in to the Globes with good faith, but I’d really like to see some nominations reflect shows that just weren’t popular in the US.

I’m also very okay with the Globes instinct towards younger performers because at the moment I think it’s quite important.

There’s plenty of talk about how it’s really hard to create Gen Z stars and we’ve become a bit fixated on people from 20 years ago the awards cycle being resistant to rewarding young performers doesn’t aid in that.

adriandecker770
    Topics:

I’d so love to see Heartstopper get nominated, one of my favourite Netflix series of the year by far. And I agree about the younger performers, it’s frustrating when I see a young person giving a really stunning performance (ie. Matilda Lawler in Station Eleven) and knowing they won’t be recognized for it because of their age

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I’d so love to see Heartstopper get nominated, one of my favourite Netflix series of the year by far. And I agree about the younger performers, it’s frustrating when I see a young person giving a really stunning performance (ie. Matilda Lawler in Station Eleven) and knowing they won’t be recognized for it because of their age

Yeah, Lawler’s a great example.

I feel quite strongly about it because there is quite a lot of evidence that the industry is really faltering at building younger performers careers.

I also don’t think it serves whole awards industry to primarily nominate mostly US based or centric hits. It’s 2022 and 95% of shows need to travel or they get cancelled.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 436 through 450 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions’ is closed to new replies.