Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 546 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
mariogomez

• mariogomez
    Topics:

Just curious, what do you guys think about Emma D’arcy’s chances to get into lead actress?

Honestly, cero chances. There are a lot of good contenders in this category, but what most hurts D´Arcy is that she only appears in 4 episodes of the season, so HFPA association will go with contenders with more screentime. Plus, in all the years of GOT, the HFPA only nominated 3 people (Dinklage, Headey and Harrington), so if there´s some love for this show expect only Considine to be nominated, and Smith (depends on which way they go)

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly, cero chances. There are a lot of good contenders in this category, but what most hurts D´Arcy is that she only appears in 4 episodes of the season, so HFPA association will go with contenders with more screentime. Plus, in all the years of GOT, the HFPA only nominated 3 people (Dinklage, Headey and Harrington), so if there´s some love for this show expect only Considine to be nominated, and Smith (depends on which way they go)

I do think the expanded categories in supporting leave a bit more capacity for the supporting actresses than GoT days.

I would be somewhat concerned if they can’t get any of the actress category in to Critic’s Choice because they were able to do that in the final three seasons of GoT.

It’s also worth noting early screeners were only for the first six episodes, so press and critics who aren’t very strong on HoTD may have just watched that, which really only serves Alcock.

JV
    Topics:

Do people think Jenna Ortega stands a chance ? Wednesday is a pretty big hit, and she’s huge buzz right now

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/1599571397181079553 (Brie larson deleted the tweet, but she praised Jenna Ortega after falling for a fake tweet where someone says Ortega loves her)

Honestly think this show could show up here or at the Emmys, if we learned something with Inventing Anna noms.

lenatroid
    Topics:

I could see some potential Wednesday love; but I think Inventing Anna’s nominations came down to love the Television Academy have for Garner, which ultimately carried the show for Limited Series. This could happen to Jenna, especially given her buzz, or they could wait for the potential S2 – it wouldn’t surprise me if she got nominated, nor would it surprise me if she didn’t.

Mabel Mora enthusiast.

Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

I know it was an accident but just to correct: D’Arcy is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

adriandecker770
    Topics:

It makes me very happy how everyone on this forum has been so on top of using the correct pronouns for Emma D’Arcy/being understanding when corrected

OneAndOnly
    Topics:

Its honestly sad Interview With The Vampire and especially Jacob Anderson very likely getting shut out, because he honestly put out one of the years best performances, better than most of the top contenders in the best drama actor in my opinion  (sorry Paddy Considine) , for example his character Louis de Pointe du Lac is literally switching between the present and past, everything is drastically changed between the two different time-framed Louis from the mannerisms, the charisma, the cadence of his narration, the nuances between human self and vampire self, his anger and his sadness and his curiosity and his love and especially the accent of past Louie, Jacob Anderson is not only doing an american accent, not only a southern accent, but attempting and succeeding an NAWLINS accent.. honestly impressive & attention to detail I very much appreciate.

I will always love you

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Honestly think this show could show up here or at the Emmys, if we learned something with Inventing Anna noms.

I’m really wary of how late a release it is in general, but I do think it can show up somewhere, though it might actually take until the Emmys. I tend to think pundits and critics (ourselves included) are quite dismissive of broad female audiences (and this often ends up meaning Netflix) ourselves included.

mariogomez
    Topics:

I know it was an accident but just to correct D’Arcy is non-binary and uses they/them pronouns.

Thanks for the correction, I didn´t know.
    I really have to finish Interview with the Vampire, at this point didn´t finish the first episode yet, is just I´m watching other stuff, I will try to finish this week to really know if the show and performances have chances of get nominated.
    This year had a lot of good contenders in each category, personally there is a category that I don´t like and is Comedy, only watched this year Barry, Hacks, The Bear and Abbot Elementary. So, in my predictions, probably will go for the top 5 of each category, it depends on a few factors (One of them is the Critics’ choice nominations on December 6, that maybe could tell us something about what Globes could do)

Couverture
    Topics:

It does seem that the kind of critics attention expected to go to Interview as the genre show of the year has largely shifted to Andor. I’ve heard barely anything about the former since its premiere. Hope Sam Reid gets a mention somewhere at least.

A Negroni. Sbagliato. With Prosecco in it.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It does seem that the kind of critics attention expected to go to Interview as the genre show of the year has largely shifted to Andor. I’ve heard barely anything about the former since its premiere. Hope Sam Reid gets a mention somewhere at least.

As much as I’ve got a lot of time for Andor, the mental gymnastics used by the Star Wars loving critics and press to proclaim this an underdog has my eyes rolling back in to my head.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Predictions for Drama Series: (Alphabetical order)

-Bad Sisters (Apple)
    -Better Call Saul (AMC)
    -The Crown (Netflix)
    -Pachinko (Apple)
    -Severance (Apple)

Posibles surprises: Andor (Disney+), Yellowjackets (SHOWTIME).
    Posible snubs: Better Call Saul (AMC).

Reasons:
    1)Bad Sisters, Well HFPA in the past, loved shows with the same vibes just like Desperate Housewives and Big Little Lies. And yeah, the need of diversity in our times fits very well with this enjoyable dark comedy featuring the best villain in television this year (along with Paul Walter Hauser´s Larry Hall in Black Bird). I´m between this one and Yellowjackets (another great show this year) for the fifth slot. But I have the feeling voters will have more in mind Bad Sisters because is more recent. Yeah, I know, 3 shows from Apple in one category, call me a lunatic, but it happened before in the past (3 shows of one network in one category), so it´s no improbable.

2)Pachinko, International, very well reviewed and very well received by audiences. This is the only one, along with Severance, that feel locks for a nomination this point. Also, expect at one acting nomination for this one.

3)Better Call Saul, well a difficult one, easily can be dropped out, due to the number of new contenders this year (Severance, Yellowjackets, Interview with the Vampire, Severance, Pachinko, Andor, The Old Man, Bad Sisters, Winning Time, and others). But it is the best show of the year, with a great finale and with the nostalgia of Breaking Bad. I think, voters will repeat an Americans thing here.

4)The Crown, well this one, it´s The Crown. Nothing more to mention.

5)Severance, new show, stellar cast, Ben Stiller behind it, acclaimed by critics and well received by audiences

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

I am wondering if people think The White Lotus coming out so late might work to a disadvantage? Or is it just neutral?

mariogomez
    Topics:

I am wondering if people think The White Lotus coming out so late might work to a disadvantage? Or is it just neutral?

I will abstain of commenting something negative about this show. So, I will only comment the positive about this show. I think overperforming at the Emmys will make an impact on getting a nomination this year for Limited Series. And maybe some acting noms, we´ll see. But I don´t think coming late will affect, HFPA try every year to watch everything so they can a complete vote system.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Do people think Jenna Ortega stands a chance ? Wednesday is a pretty big hit, and she’s huge buzz right now

https://twitter.com/brielarson/status/1599571397181079553 (Brie larson deleted the tweet, but she praised Jenna Ortega after falling for a fake tweet where someone says Ortega loves her)

https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js

I would say Jenna feels more likely to win than gets snubbed at this point considering the buzz for the show.

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 451 through 465 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions’ is closed to new replies.