Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 546 total)
Created
6 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
mariogomez

• Chris Beachum
    Topics:

Is the series 1923 eligible for any of this season’s awards? It has a late release in December but apparently had some SAG screenings, I’m not sure about the eligibility windows across the awards so sorry in advance

Not enough episodes are airing in time for 2022 races anywhere.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Not enough episodes are airing in time for 2022 races anywhere.

Thanks Chris.

braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

After today CC nominations, I´m very confident about the question I asked people about The Offer chances of getting nominated at Limited Series at Globes. I think it will land a nomination for Limited Series.

Not sure about Series but acting, it’s three categories are flexible enough for them to happen.

J
    Topics:

I’m on like, the border of Gen Z and millenial, I’m not really sure, but I think a show that would get my friend group to engage more with the Emmys would be Heartstopper for sure, I don’t remember which award Sir Shaw was predicting it for but I kind of hope it gets nominated for something

Heartstopper was flooded with nominations at the childrens and family Emmy’s, so idk if they can only submit to one or the other, but 5 members of the cast got nominated as did a bunch of the crew for technical categories.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Heartstopper was flooded with nominations at the childrens and family Emmy’s, so idk if they can only submit to one or the other, but 5 members of the cast got nominated as did a bunch of the crew for technical categories.

I think they are eligible for all the winter awards. I would imagine if they are submitting here, they’ll consider moving season 2 (which has just wrapped, so I’d guess is a good chance to make eligibility) over to the regular Emmys depending on how things pan out.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

It doesn’t necessarily mean much but Kaley Cuoco has managed to retain her nomination at CC and got nominated at the Satellites after they snubbed her for s1. It seems like the passion for her performance might still be here despite TFA s2 being not that liked. I feel like she could be underestimated both here and at SAG.

kat_ebbs
    Topics:

It doesn’t necessarily mean much but Kaley Cuoco has managed to retain her nomination at CC and got nominated at the Satellites after they snubbed her for s1. It seems like the passion for her performance might still be here despite TFA s2 being not that liked. I feel like she could be underestimated both here and at SAG.

Good pickup. Cuoco by virtue of that steady old Big Bang Theory base is definitely someone who could be a stayer awards wise, a bit like Sandra Oh.

forwardswill
    Topics:

Except neither of those awards mean anything for anything. She can get nominated for SAG but it will have nothing to do with what some “critics” think.

hopelesstar
    Topics:

Except neither of those awards mean anything for anything. She can get nominated for SAG but it will have nothing to do with what some “critics” think.

Hence the first words of my post…

forwardswill
    Topics:

Hence the first words of my post…

Even the first words are wrong though because it really doesn’t mean anything. There’s no “necessarily” about it. CCA and Satellite mean about as much as the GoldDerby awards do.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

I agree. And I actually do think these nominations are absolutely worth taking note of because they suggest that, even many months after the season came out and despite a measly three Emmy nominations, people are still remembering her and her performance. I do think that’s important since, IMO, that’s all she needs to get nominated. Whether GG and SAG voters are as considerate remains to be seen, of course, but I do think both those noms are very much on the table for her.

forwardswill
    Topics:

Yeah you’re right. Better watch out for Annie Potts and Leslie Jordan because “people” are clearly remembering them.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Yeah you’re right. Better watch out for Annie Potts and Leslie Jordan because “people” are clearly remembering them.

🤣 I understand where you’re coming from, but there is a clear difference between them being nominated and Cuoco retaining her nomination despite taking off one cycle and the buzz for TFA S2 having dissipated rather quickly. Of course, these noms don’t say anything about her GG and SAG chances per se, but, if nothing else, they suggest that the quality of the performance itself could take her quite far (but this is obviously just my read; I could easily be wrong). That said, these won’t change my predictions since I’ve had her in at both GG and SAG since the very beginning anyway.

forwardswill
    Topics:

Yeah I really think she is in contention for GG and SAG as I think she has more passion than people give credit for.

I guess I just get annoyed when people act like CCA means anything because their whole thing is just so dodgy and that will never change if some act like they are a precursor.

Luca Giliberti
    Topics:

Yeah I really think she is in contention for GG and SAG as I think she has more passion than people give credit for.

That is exactly how I feel. It’s one of those instances in which I believe it’s hard to deny her performance if you’ve see it (and so far, all awards groups, sans TCA, appear to have validated that). It also helps that this category is pretty fluid outside of Smart and Brunson (at least at the Globes).

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 496 through 510 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions’ is closed to new replies.