Home Forums Television Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 546 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
2 months ago
replies
views
users
kat_ebbs
wolfali
mariogomez

• Victor
    Topics:

The White Lotus, as proved by the first season, it’s way more of an Industry thing. 2 SAG nods, 500 Emmy nods and 10 wins.

GG wasn’t a fan of S1, CC yes, they dropped the ball after giving it two wins but honestly, who cares? I will be concerned if it misses SAG Ensemble, but at this point and looking at how buzzy the show is right now, i am wondering more if they can get someone like Coolidge in along with Ensemble than getting shut out.

I don’t even know what are the Satellites.

Please! These gays, they're trying to murder me!

mariogomez
    Topics:

I mentioned before, The White Lotus will perform good in SAG and Emmys, for obvious reasons, but I don´t quite sure about the Globes, only right now I´m confident in 2 nominations (Limited Series and Aubrey Plaza). Yes, CC and Satellite Awards, nobody care about them.

forwardswill
    Topics:

only right now I´m confident in 2 nominations (Limited Series and Aubrey Plaza)

Not Emmy winner Coolidge? That seems silly.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Yeah, probably silly, but it seems very logic that The White Lotus: Sicily is a completely different season than the first one. So, voters, already nominated Coolidge for the first season. So, my predictions are based in this second season, not on the first one. But probably I will be putting her in my predictions at the end of the weekend.

forwardswill
    Topics:

You have more faith in Globes voters to follow the wind than I do. I feel like Coolidge will get in even if the show is somehow otherwise shut out.

Atypical
    Topics:

I think voters will make it up to “The White Lotus” this time around after last year’s underwhelming nods. They will be just fine. Coolidge will get her very deserved nomination and hopefully bring some of her cast along for the ride too. I’m fine with the new supporting categories splits. Many have clamored for the catch-all divide for years and years. This might be a weak cycle, but next year could just as easily be a strong one. I’d personally go even further and separate comedy and drama, but this is a nice enough start. Let’s see who they actually nominate first though. I have Coolidge, Plaza, and Fahy in for final five.

mariogomez
    Topics:

I think voters will make it up to “The White Lotus” this time around after last year’s underwhelming nods. They will be just fine. Coolidge will get her very deserved nomination and hopefully bring some of her cast along for the ride too. I’m fine with the new supporting categories splits. Many have clamored for the catch-all divide for years and years. This might be a weak cycle, but next year could just as easily be a strong one. I’d personally go even further and separate comedy and drama, but this is a nice enough start. Let’s see who they actually nominate first though. I have Coolidge, Plaza, and Fahy in for final five.

I suppose that you´re right, that will happen. Let´s wait for Monday nominations and find out.

Atypical
    Topics:

I suppose that you´re right, that will happen. Let´s wait for Monday nominations and find out.

Your bias is more than obvious excluding Emmy winner and previous Globes nominee Jennifer Coolidge.

Marcus James Dixon
    Topics:

I can’t wait to see Jerrod Carmichael make fun of the Hollywood Foreign Press Association members right to their faces.

mariogomez
    Topics:

Final predictions for TV Movie/Limited Series Actress: (Alphabetical order

Probably the most difficult category this year because of the amazing performances this year. I´m not sure about this but this is my final five. No reasons this time.

-Jessica Chastain (George & Tammy) – SHOWTIME
    -Julia Garner (Inventing Anna) – Netflix
    -Lily James (Pam & Tommy) – Hulu
    -Julia Roberts (Gaslit) – STARZ
    -Amanda Seyfried (The Dropout) – Hulu

Possible snub: Julia Garner (Inventing Anna)
    Possible surprises: Emily Blunt (The English), Michelle Pfeiffer (The First Lady)

Mabey19
    Topics:
    forwardswill
    Topics:

Final Variety predictions including TV https://variety.com/2022/artisans/awards/golden-globes-nomination-predictions-2023-drama-comedy-musical-1235455975/

Clayton wanted those clicks

Sir Shaw
    Topics:

Final Variety predictions including TV https://variety.com/2022/artisans/awards/golden-globes-nomination-predictions-2023-drama-comedy-musical-1235455975/

McGraw for supporting limited actor?

estrelas
    Topics:
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I can’t tell if just their general predictions or just the state of the field. But yikes those Limited Supporting Actress nominees are tragic

Best TV Actress in a Supporting Role (Limited/Movie)

Niecy Nash-Betts, “Monster: The Jeffrey Dahmer Story” (HBO)
    Jennifer Coolidge — “The White Lotus: Sicily” (HBO)
    Laurie Metcalf — “The Dropout” (Hulu)
    Anna Chlumsky — “Inventing Anna” (Netflix)
    Dominique Fishback — “The Last Days of Ptolemy Grey” (Apple TV+)

Alternate: Aubrey Plaza, “The White Lotus: Sicily” (HBO)

Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 526 through 540 (of 546 total)

The topic ‘Golden Globes 2023 – TV Predictions’ is closed to new replies.