Home Forums Television Guest Acting Emmys 2022

Guest Acting Emmys 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 425 total)
Created
7 months ago
Last Reply
1 month ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Laura Dreyfuss would be a fantastic nomination for her work in the season 3 premiere of Atlanta.

Also if the TV Academy is going to namecheck any of their previous favorites for comedy guest actress, they should remember Jane Krakowski’s hilarious performance in Schmigadoon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Luke Dias
    Topics:

I’m going to go ahead and put all my want-to-happen eggs in the Robert Englund basket for Stranger Things – I mean, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees can’t get nominated because there’s no definitive actor to slap their identity onto, so why not Freddy Krueger who DOES have a definitive actor?

Also the first promotion (the one with the 1950s house) is centered around his character, and that seems to be a pivotal part of the story, so it’s actually within plausibility.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Go Yeoh!
    Topics:

Hold tight, she is coming!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I doubt he happens (unless he gets name-checked) but if Jonathan Pryce misses this or next week’s (which is the finale) episode of Slow Horses, he will be guest eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Gillian Anderson will be present during The Great’s FYC event. The panel will only be her, Fanning, Hoult and McNamara.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    TheLordMan
    Topics:

Laura Dreyfuss would be a fantastic nomination for her work in the season 3 premiere of Atlanta. Also if the TV Academy is going to namecheck any of their previous favorites for comedy guest actress, they should remember Jane Krakowski’s hilarious performance in Schmigadoon.

Wait, the same Laura Dreyfuss who originated Zoe Murphy? I’m surprised she isn’t a bigger star.

I’m going to go ahead and put all my want-to-happen eggs in the Robert Englund basket for Stranger Things – I mean, Michael Myers and Jason Voorhees can’t get nominated because there’s no definitive actor to slap their identity onto, so why not Freddy Krueger who DOES have a definitive actor?

Also the first promotion (the one with the 1950s house) is centered around his character, and that seems to be a pivotal part of the story, so it’s actually within plausibility.

I’m of the opinion that Englund was robbed of an Oscar nom for the first Nightmare. Hell, he’d be my win. If Hopkins could win for a horror movie with little screentime, I fail to see why Englund didn’t get the same treatment.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Sir Shaw
    Topics:

When he becomes Saul’s first win

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Ryan
    Topics:

I just finished the most recent season of The Marvelous Mrs Maisel and I’m shocked at how little material was given to the guest stars. Kelly Bishop, Reid Scott, Jackie Hoffman, Milo Ventimiglia all had practically next to nothing to do. It’s unfortunate that Luke Kirby isn’t eligible.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Heptapod
    Topics:

Wait, the same Laura Dreyfuss who originated Zoe Murphy? I’m surprised she isn’t a bigger star.

Yep! After seeing the horrendous material she was given in The Politician, I was worried we’d never see her on screen again, but I’m hoping this Atlanta guest spot is a good omen for future roles.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Emmyfan
    Topics:

I would love for Larry Owens who played Zach in the episode “Desking” of Abbott Elementary to pop up in Guest Actor in a Comedy.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    antony
    Topics:
    24fanatic
    Topics:

I kinda hope they ignore the Succession men in Guest Actor in a Drama Series. I’d hate for their names to just be checked off because of the show. They were fine, but nothing amazing. My favorite Guest Actor from that show, Justin Kirk, is not likely to be nominated.

Top 3 favorite Guest Actor in a Drama Series contenders:

* Michael Mando – Better Call Saul
    * Delroy Lindo – The Good Fight
    * Colman Domingo – Euphoria

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I kinda hope they ignore the Succession men in Guest Actor in a Drama Series. I’d hate for their names to just be checked off because of the show. They were fine, but nothing amazing. My favorite Guest Actor from that show, Justin Kirk, is not likely to be nominated. Top 3 favorite Guest Actor in a Drama Series contenders: * Michael Mando – Better Call Saul * Delroy Lindo – The Good Fight * Colman Domingo – Euphoria

Even Alexander Skarsgard? He was brilliant.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    kat_ebbs
    Topics:

Dolly Parton is indeed guest eligible for Grace and Frankie – she is in the finale.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

A year where Michelle Obama and Dolly Parton will be on the voters’ ballot for Comedy Guest Actress. Iconic.

~Not much active now due to a higher studies course
    ~still love watching films and television shows
    ~Everything Everywhere All At Once in all categories.
    ~Currently watching Abbott Elementary

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 181 through 195 (of 425 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.