Home Forums Television Guest Acting Emmys 2022

Guest Acting Emmys 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 422 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Susie Essman is in the last two episodes of “Hacks” this season. These were not screened for critics in reviews.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I’m here for an Essman nom, she’s been criminally underrewarded on Curb for years.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’ve been catching up with this season of The Flight Attendant (I lost track of it weekly after the first two episodes were dropped) and I’m going to need Michelle Gomez to get nominated darlings! Imagine being able to give a whole season’s worth of a comedic performance in the space of 35 minutes.

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    John-K
    Topics:

I really hope AMC is smart enough to submit Michael Mando in Guest Actor instead of Supporting since he was only in 3 of the 7 episodes for Better Call Saul. His performance in “Rock and Hard Place” could get him a win.

And while it aired so long ago that everyone has forgotten it, I thought John C. McGinley was hysterical in the final season of Brooklyn Nine-Nine and would be a worthy Guest Actor nominee.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Almond
    Topics:

I’m just assuming he wasn’t submitted but it was a wonderful surprise seeing Bobby Lee in Reservation Dogs

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Harriet Sansom Harris & Jane Adams for “Hacks.” Harris is so overdue for ANY awards recognition, and it’s insane that all she has on her IMDb page is one of our silly GD nominations lol. She might have some difficulty with this “straight woman” role, but I thought she was fantastic. Adams’s showcase is better than her Emmy nomination last year with more screentime as well. The field likely won’t support multiple nominations, but more contenders at least and great showcases for older actresses!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Yves Wearn
    Topics:

Conedy actress is so stacked.. and I’m here for it

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Onion
    Topics:

Conedy actress is so stacked.. and I’m here for it

Just so we can all end up with at least 3 nominees from SNL again…

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

I actually think that they’ll only end submitting 3 actress (DeBose, Gomez, Lyonne) in Guest anyway, just going on their past history.

They never submitted non-performers so that’s Kardashian out immediately. Halsey & Grande are the only musicians submitted in the past 7 years so Billie & Lizzo are likely out. Actress without a comedy/SNL-connection haven’t been submitted without Oscar buzz, so that’s likely DeBose & Lyonne in, Kravitz. Gomez is a coin flip submission wise but given how she’s got her own Emmy buzz for a show starring opposite two SNL-alumni, I think she’s in.

2021 actress nominees: Kristen Wiig, Maya Rudolph
    2021 actress snubs: Anya Taylor-Joy
    2021 actress not submitted (hosts only): Issa Rae, Adele, Regina King, Carey Mulligan

2020 actress nominees: Maya Rudolph, Phoebe Waller-Bridge
    2020 actress snubs: Scarlett Johansson
    2020 actress not submitted (hosts only): Kristen Stewart, Jennifer Lopez, Kristen Wiig (SNL at Home)

2019 actesss nominees: Sandra Oh, Emma Thompson
    2019 actress snubs: Awkwafina, Rachel Brosnahan, Halsey.
    2019 actress not submitted (hosts only): Claire Foy, Emma Stone

2018 actress nominees: Tina Fey, Tiffany Haddish*
    2018 actress snubs: Saoirse Ronan
    2018 actress not submitted (hosts only): Gal Gadot, Jessica Chastain, Natalie Portman, Amy Schumer

2017 actress submissions: Melissa McCarthy, Kristen Wiig
    2017 actress snubs: Scarlett Johansson, Octavia Spencer, Kristen Stewart
    2017 actress not submitted (hosts only): Margot Robbie, Emily Blunt, Emma Stone, Felicity Jones

2016 actress nominee: Tina Fey & Amy Poehler, Melissa McCarthy, Amy Schumer
    2016 actress snubs: Ariana Grande, Brie Larson
    2016 actress not submissions (hosts only): Miley Cyrus, Elizabeth Banks, Ronda Rousey, Julia Louis-Dreyfus

2015 had no actress submissions altogether despite 7 women hosts; Sarah Silverman, Cameron Diaz; Amy Adams; Dakota Johnson; Taraji P. Henson; Scarlett Johansson and Reese Witherspoon

* Haddish submitted herself, was not submitted by NBC

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Gabarnes43
    Topics:

Laurie Metcalf deserves for Hacks, she was absolutely hilarious

EMMYS FYC

The White Lotus in all categories

Landscapers, Olivia Colman & David Thewlis

Ted Lasso in all Categories

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Clement
    Topics:

Am I the only only one who feels James Caverly gave the best performance in the best episode of OMITB and should be winning by landslide? I thought he was so good and was even more impressed that he gave such a good performance without even saying a word.  It would be so amazing that after Troy Kotsur win, we get another deserving win for a deaf actor

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

With Tiffany Haddish as precedent, anyone can self-submit from “SNL,” get nominated, and actually win an Emmy. I wouldn’t be surprised if Lizzo self-submits. Also, Kim KW was far funnier as host than she had any right to be, while delivering more laughs than a certain Oscar-winning actor did the episode afterwards, soooo anything’s possible at this early stage.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

^^ Rami Malek was excellent and far better than Kardashian who could barely move her face and was completely wooden.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Carlo
    Topics:

For male guest actor I have no doubts about my personal picks: Michael Mando for drama, James Caverly for comedy.

For actresses there are tons of contenders but I’m way more doubtful

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Couverture
    Topics:

Haddish submitted herself, was not submitted by NBC

I remember Chris or someone from Goldderby mentioning that Haddish submitted herself before NBC could and that the latter had no intention of not putting her on the ballot.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 271 through 285 (of 422 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.