Home Forums Television Guest Acting Emmys 2022

Guest Acting Emmys 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 422 total)
Created
5 months ago
Last Reply
2 days ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..
  • Profile picture
    braydenfitzsimmons
    Topics:

Am I the only only one who feels James Caverly gave the best performance in the best episode of OMITB and should be winning by landslide? I thought he was so good and was even more impressed that he gave such a good performance without even saying a word. It would be so amazing that after Troy Kotsur win, we get another deserving win for a deaf actor

He (and Lane) did get a great write up in Variety last week.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

I need them to get nominated and win.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

That Damn Michael Che season 2 was firstly straight up hilarious and secondly filled with fantastic guests and cameos, especially Ziwe who would be deserving of a guest nom.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    agorretta
    Topics:

I desperately want Cree Summer to get in for What We Do in the Shadows’ “The Wellness Center”. I don’t think I’ve seen another Comedy Guest Actress I’ve liked more this season.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Manav
    Topics:

I need them to get nominated and win.

Lee You-Mi’s creation of such a fascinating and heartbreaking character has to be one of the best aspects of Squid Game.

Emmy FYC
    -Severance in all categories.
    -Ted Lasso in all categories.
    -The Dropout in all categories.

-Jennifer Coolidge, Connie Britton, Margaret Qualley, Colin Firth
    -Jung Ho-Yeon, Lee Yoo-Mi, Sarah Snook, Laura Linney.
    -Jean Smart, Kaley Cuoco, Juno Temple, Sarah Lancashire and Martin Short.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

I’m already predicting double guest acting nods in comedy and drama for Alexander Skarsgard and Harriet Walter but I honestly wonder if I should throw Martha Kelly in there as well for Euphoria and Hacks (although she could very well end up being ineligible for the latter if she appears in the penultimate episode and finale). I haven’t even seen this season of Euphoria but Kelly seems to have a lot of individual heat right now stemming in part from that and she just feels like the type of veteran character actress that sometimes surprises us and shows up here even if they’re not that big of a name because they’re quite respected, in very visible shows and have worked with almost everyone in the business at this point (almost like Jane Adams last year).

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    String Cheese Theory
    Topics:

I’m already predicting double guest acting nods in comedy and drama for Alexander Skarsgard and Harriet Walter but I honestly wonder if I should throw Martha Kelly in there as well for Euphoria and Hacks (although she could very well end up being ineligible for the latter if she appears in the penultimate episode and finale). I haven’t even seen this season of Euphoria but Kelly seems to have a lot of individual heat right now stemming in part from that and she just feels like the type of veteran character actress that sometimes surprises us and shows up here even if they’re not that big of a name because they’re quite respected, in very visible shows and have worked with almost everyone in the business at this point (almost like Jane Adams last year).

Martha Kelly’s comments about Sam Levinson’s script “approaching this gross pedophilia vibe” were pretty damning, and how she felt unable to ask him to make modifications because he was so committed to that, and “because I feel so lucky to have been invited in the first place … I do not want to intrude with my own self-centered discomfort.”

Having said that, she was probably the best actor in season 2.

Bill Hader and Barry in everything (2 babka)
    The Great - Elle Fanning, Nicholas Hoult and comedy writing and directing

Severance in drama series, writing, Adam Scott for best actor, Ben Stiller for drama directing, and the whole cast in supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Hmm Netflix are submitting Jordana Spiro for Ozark. I know the actors branch have never been a big fan of the show outside of the core three and Spiro doesn’t have nomination worthy material but considering how depressingly thin the category is, it will be interesting to see whether her being a former main cast member could help her randomly show up out of nowhere.

https://series.netflixawards.com/drama-series/ozark

FYC:

"The Good Fight", "The Other Two" and "Station Eleven" in all categories, Sarah Lancashire ("Julia"), William Jackson Harper ("Love Life") and Luke Kirby ("The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel")

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Owl-Always-watching
    Topics:

I would nominate Kathrine Narducci from Euphoria . She created a whole character over an episode with barely any dialogue

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    OhDearKarma
    Topics:

Jamie Campbell Bower for his amazing performance in Stranger Things. It needs to be done.!!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    estrelas
    Topics:

Jamie Campbell Bower for his amazing performance in Stranger Things. It needs to be done.!!

He’s being submitted in Supporting.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    wolfali
    Topics:

Just out of curiosity I wanted to ask, what would you guys vote for in these guest acting categories if you were a member of the TV academy?

My personal “choices” as it were right now would be.

Guest Actor in a Comedy Series

– James Caverly, Only Murders in the Building
    – James Cromwell, Julia*
    – Nathan Lane, Only Murders in the Building
    – Leroy McClain, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
    – Brandon Scott Jones, The Other Two
    – Josh Segarra, The Other Two

Guest Actress in a Comedy Series

– Minnie Driver, Starstruck
    – Michelle Gomez, The Flight Attendant
    – Laurie Metcalf, Hacks
    – Sharon Stone, The Flight Attendant
    – Cree Summer, What We Do in the Shadows
    – Harriet Walter, Ted Lasso

Guest Actor in a Drama Series

– Justin Kirk, Succession
    – Delroy Lindo, The Good Fight
    – Tom Pelphrey, Ozark
    – Martin Short, The Morning Show
    – Alexander Skarsgard, Succession
    – Yul Vazquez, Severance

Guest Actress in a Drama Series

– Cush Jumbo, The Good Fight
    – Jane Lynch, The Good Fight
    – Elaine May, The Good Fight*
    – Wanda Sykes, The Good Fight
    – Harriet Walter, Succession
    – Lee Yoo-mi, Squid Game

*Would replace with Anthony Head (Feel Good) and Barbara Flynn (Doctor Who) if they end up being on the ballot.

FYC:

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Deloys
    Topics:

FYC Guest Actor in a Drama Series

Bravo to two great, great performances from Henry Eikenberry and Elias Kacavas. In the thrilling 16 minute opening sequence of season two, episode three of Euphoria, these men provide startling insights into the emergence of nascent sexuality. I think it is almost impossible not to be moved as the two high school seniors awake to the realization that they are not just sexually curious but hold a tender, deep love for one another.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    ejaru1810
    Topics:

what would you guys vote for in these guest acting categories if you were a member of the TV academy? 

Haven’t seen much honestly, but there are 4 actors I truly loved.

Gong Yoo, Squid Game
    Lee Yoo-Mi, Squid Game

Justin Kirk, Succession
    Harriet Walter, Succession

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Allan Veríssimo
    Topics:

The Disney FYC page has the list of their guests:

• The Book of Boba Fett: Mark Hamill, Pedro Pascal, Timothy Olyphant, Stephen “Thundercat” Bruner, Danny Trejo, Stephen Root
    • Loki: Richard E. Grant, Jonathan Majors

https://disneystudiosawards.com/

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 286 through 300 (of 422 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.