Home Forums Television Guest Acting Emmys 2022

Guest Acting Emmys 2022

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 428 total)
Created
10 months ago
Last Reply
3 months ago
replies
views
users
wolfali
kat_ebbs
braydenfitzsi..

• estrelas
    Topics:

Out of the contenders that I’ve seen so far in Comedy Actress, Gillian Anderson for The Great is easily my favourite. Amazing guest turn and should be win competitive. Really hope she gets nominated.

ReplyCopy URL

wolfali
    Topics:

My favourite eligible performance (from what I’ve seen so far) comes from Sharon Stone in The Flight Attendant. She’s just so lived in with such small screen time. Laurie Metcalf gives the funniest performance I’ve seen in this category and Harriet Walter gives the most heartwarming.

No guest performance in any genre this cycle has topped this one for me though.

FYC: Better Call Saul and The Good Fight in all categories including Bob Odenkirk, Christine Baranski and Rhea Seehorn.

ReplyCopy URL

the wendell show
    Topics:

Sharon Stone’s performance would be win worthy in Drama Guest but not Comedy.  I don’t remember her being funny at all.  Her performance was incredible though.

ReplyCopy URL

the wendell show
    Topics:

Most deserving guest actress nominations (& Hacks should dominate NOT SNL):

Cree Summer – What We Do In The Shadows (“The Wellness Center”)

Susie Essman – Hacks (“The One, The Only”)

Ming-Na Wen – Hacks (“Quid Pro Quo” or “The One, The Only”)

Martha Kelly – Hacks (“Quid Pro Quo”)

Laurie Metcalf – Hacks (“Trust the Process”)

Jane Adams – Hacks (“The Click”)

Gillian Anderson – The Great (“Stapler”)

I haven’t seen Harriet Walter in Ted Lasso but she has been nailing everything she does lately.

Many of these women are industry veterans and deserve the attention.  Hail these Queens!

ReplyCopy URL

Brayfers
    Topics:

Comedy Guest Actress:

• Gillian Anderson, The Great
    • Harriet Walter, Ted Lasso
    • Jane Adams, Hacks
    • Jane Lynch, Only Murders in the Building
    • Laurie Metcalf, Hacks
    • Quinta Brunson, A Black Lady Sketch Show

Comedy Guest Actor:

• Conan O’Brien, Murderville
    • Jason Sudeikis, Saturday Night Live
    • John Mulaney, Saturday Night Live
    • Kieran Culkin, Saturday Night Live
    • Kumail Nanjiani, Murderville
    • Nathan Lane, Only Murders in the Building

Drama Guest Actress:

• Marcia Gay Harden, The Morning Show
    • Mindy Kaling, The Morning Show
    • Jordana Spiro, Ozark
    • Harriet Walter, Succession
    • Jacki Weaver, Yellowstone
    • Lee You-mi, Squid Game

Drama Guest Actor:

• Adrien Brody, Succession
    • Alexander Skarsgard, Succession
    • James Cromwell, Succession
    • Robert Englund, Stranger Things
    • Ron Cephas Jones, This Is Us
    • Tom Pelphrey, Ozark

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

ReplyCopy URL

the wendell show
    Topics:

Can Cree Summer – What We Do In The Shadows (“The Wellness Center”) be added to the predictions list?   Wasn’t sure if she has been submitted but she steals this episode and is an industry veteran.  She deserves the nod and even the win.  Can we make this happen?

Just watch:

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

I hope James Cromwell doesn’t even get a nomination, he’s completely underserving.

ReplyCopy URL

gabspss
    Topics:

I hope James Cromwell doesn’t even get a nomination, he’s completely underserving.

I thought he was great in his scenes this season.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL

forwardswill
    Topics:

Sharon Stone’s performance would be win worthy in Drama Guest but not Comedy. I don’t remember her being funny at all. Her performance was incredible though.

It’s “Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” not “Guest Comedy Actress in a Series”

ReplyCopy URL

estrelas
    Topics:

I’m going to be honest, I didn’t really care for any of the Succession guest turns outside Justin Kirk and, to some extent, Adrien Brody. Cromwell had a great scene but had even less to do than season 2 and I honestly don’t get the praise for Skarsgard and Walter. The latter, especially, I can’t remember a scene where I was like “yeah, she deserves the Emmy”. I guess Skarsgard, at least, was fun but yeah didn’t really care that much for him either.

ReplyCopy URL

Brayfers
    Topics:

Arian Moayed is an underrated guest actor in Succession, I always have enjoyed this performance

Letterboxd: Brayfers

!! EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE - OUT NOW !!

give Michelle Yeoh, Ke Huy Quan, & Stephanie Hsu their Oscars now !!

FYC:
    - Severance
    - Euphoria
    - Stranger Things
    - Hacks
    - Abbott Elementary
    - House of the Dragon

ReplyCopy URL

gabspss
    Topics:

It’s “Guest Actress in a Comedy Series” not “Guest Comedy Actress in a Series”

Yeah, I agree with that. It’s not supposed to be funniest performance. I always remember of Debra Messing’s win when thinking of that: the show was clearly a comedy, but her performance in that particular episode dramatic, however the category does not asks for a comedic performance, but instead the best performance in a comedy series.

That all being said, The Flight Attendant was totally a drama this year LOL.

It's about the chaotic editing in Moulin Rouge!

ReplyCopy URL

ejaru1810
    Topics:

I’m going to be honest, I didn’t really care for any of the Succession guest turns outside Justin Kirk and, to some extent, Adrien Brody. Cromwell had a great scene but had even less to do than season 2 and I honestly don’t get the praise for Skarsgard and Walter. The latter, especially, I can’t remember a scene where I was like “yeah, she deserves the Emmy”. I guess Skarsgard, at least, was fun but yeah didn’t really care that much for him.

Agreed, if I were a voter, I’d vote only for Kirk and Walter (and Abbass if submitted) anyone else were completely underwhelming and forgettable.

Walter has her scene with Shiv that makes her a deserving nominee to me and Kirk is simply fantastic, and the worst part is that of all the males, he could be even snubbed.

Everyone else who was submitted is simply riding the Succession wave.

Skarsgard at least was funny and was kind of a relevant guest star (which is the reason why I think he could win) but nothing more than that.

ReplyCopy URL

Atypical
    Topics:

Kirk and Skarsgård were both fantastic. I hope they’re both at least nominated. With the dearth in guest actor drama, I’m predicting four “Succession” men. Brody was good, but I’d be fine if he missed out. I always get a kick out of Cromwell, particularly his scenes opposite Braun, but I’d agree that he had the least to do in S3. Walter absolutely earned her placement in guest actress drama for “Chiantishire.” Abbass was barely around, and luckily, she wasn’t submitted. Davis has a shot, but it would be a name-check nomination mostly.

ReplyCopy URL

estrelas
    Topics:

Ok, I just rewatched Walter and Shiv scene in Episode 8 and you guys are right. She’s quite good in it. For some reason, I forgot about that scene. I still wouldn’t give her the win tho. Lee Yoo-mi in Squid Game is my pick from the contenders I’ve seen.

ReplyCopy URL
    Why are you reporting this post? (optional):
    Not now
Viewing 15 posts - 376 through 390 (of 428 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.