March 17, 2022 at 10:10 am #1204855970
Julianne Nicholson for Winning Time?
Maybe the genre shows that have been or will be well seen, and especially in lieu of no real actress breakout in that area this year?
Amy Sedaris for The Book of Boba Fett would be a genuinely great nomination, she has lots of screen time and it’s a fun character.March 17, 2022 at 1:20 pm #1204856358
It’s Peacock, but Meg Stalter, Kim Cattral and Juliette Lewis will be Guest Eligible for the Queer as Folk rebootMarch 26, 2022 at 8:32 am #1204877139
Christopher Farrar was outstanding in the Atlanta premiere.
Hoping he can McKenna Grace his way to a nomination.March 26, 2022 at 11:35 am #1204877344
End of March/beginning of April predictions.
Comedy G. Actor
1. Jason Sudeikis, Saturday Night Live
2. Kieran Culkin, Saturday Night Live
3. James Cromwell, Julia
4. Milo Ventimiglia, The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
5. Bill Hader, Curb Your Enthusiasm
6. Nathan Lane, Only Murders in the Building
7. Will Forte, Saturday Night Live
8. Willie Garson, And Just Like That…
9. Sam Richardson, Ted Lasso
10. Jon Hamm, Curb Your Enthusiasm
Comedy G. Actress
1. Tina Fey, Only Murders in the Building
2. Harriet Walter, Ted Lasso
3. Jane Adams, Hacks
4. Sharon Stone, The Flight Attendant
5. Gillian Anderson, The Great
6. Tracey Ullman, Curb Your Enthusiasm
7. Ariana DeBose, Saturday Night Live
8. Laurie Metcalf, Hacks
9. Shohreh Aghdashloo, The Flight Attendant
10. Jane Lynch, Only Murders in the Building
Drama G. Actor
1. James Cromwell, Succession
2. Alexander Skarsgard, Succession
3. Adrien Brody, Succession
4. Martin Short, The Morning Show
5. Will Arnett, The Morning Show
6. Gong Yoo, Squid Game
7. Yul Vazquez, Severance
8. Justin Kirk, Succession
9. John Lithgow, Dexter : New Blood
10. Michael Angarano, This is Us
Drama G. Actress
1. Harriet Walter, Succession
2. Phylicia Rashad, This is Us
3. Hiam Abbass, Succession
4. Hope Davis, Succession
5. Marcia Gay Harden, The Morning Show
6. Lee Yoo-Mi, Squid Game
7. Jacki Weaver, Yellowstone
8. Sanaa Lathan, Succession
9. Julianne Nicholson, Winning Time
10. Amy Sedaris, The Book of Bobba FettMarch 26, 2022 at 12:15 pm #1204877390
I’m holding out that Yul Vasquez can be eligible for Severance here, I thought he was brilliant, but I worry that some of the split-second visions this show likes to do might knock him out.
FYC: "What We Do in the Shadows" and "Severance" in everything, Natasha Rothwell ("Insecure"), Sophie Thatcher ("Yellowjackets"), Renee Elise Goldsberry ("Girls5eva"), James Caverly, ("Only Murders in the Building")March 26, 2022 at 12:51 pm #1204877430
Ouch. I see no one is predicting Elaine May (RBG! on “The Good Fight”). I know TGF is always overlooked, but she’s been honored with two lifetime achievement awards this past month and I hope Paramount+ gives her a little push.
J. Smith-Cameron · "Succession"
Elaine May · "The Good Fight"
Christopher McDonald · "Hacks"March 27, 2022 at 7:17 am #1204878754
It might be just me, but I see Jane Lynch with an advantage over Tina Fey in Only Murders in the Building.. it feels like a much juicier roleMarch 27, 2022 at 8:44 am #1204878915
It might be just me, but I see Jane Lynch with an advantage over Tina Fey in Only Murders in the Building.. it feels like a much juicier role
The thing is though will voters remember Jane Lynch’s one episode appearance in what will be nine months since Only Murders in the Building aired? Fey has a much bigger presence overall (as well as feels like a bigger name check) and one that has been set up for a juicier role in the second season which is what makes her feel more likely to me.
Of course that’s not to say Lynch can’t get in. She is a very familiar face to the actors branch and she does have double visibility and recency going for her with Maisel that could give her OMITB performance a boost in such a fractured race .March 28, 2022 at 5:49 am #1204885334
I love Lynch and Fey, but if they’re nominated for “Murders” they would be the definition of “sleepy picks” IMO.
(sleepy picks and namechecking don’t have the same meaning)March 31, 2022 at 10:20 am #1204891529
Griffin Dunne and Jennifer Morrison would be pretty deserving for This is Us.April 2, 2022 at 6:43 am #1204894037
Assuming that she doesn’t appear in one more episode as her arc seems finished I would love Hye-jin Park to get a guest nomination for Pachinko. Her scene in the fourth episode when she talks only to Solomon at the deal for her land was stunning. I’m really hoping for a lot of nominations for Pachinko and think she could make for a great guest nom.April 2, 2022 at 7:50 am #1204894114
Assuming that she doesn’t appear in one more episode as her arc seems finished I would love Hye-jin Park to get a guest nomination for Pachinko. Her scene in the fourth episode when she talks only to Solomon at the deal for her land was stunning. I’m really hoping for a lot of nominations for Pachinko and think she could make for a great guest nom.
I had the exact same thought when watching episode 3, and then after watching episode 4? Forget about it! She was stunning. I have more thoughts to write down about the show as a whole, but just had to comment with my enthusiasm on this performance since someone else called it out.Not now
You must be logged in to reply to this topic.