Home Forums Television HOMELAND Final Season

HOMELAND Final Season

CREATE A NEW TOPIC
CREATE A NEW POLL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)
Created
3 years ago
Last Reply
1 year ago
replies
views
users
Atypical
Riley Chow
Eden
  • Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I’m not looking forward to where the story is going for Carrie based on the previews, b/c of course she will be blamed in some way for the peace talks failing and Warner’s tragic death.

Yeah, I wonder how much of a 24 original-final-season route we are going down here.  Next week is a bit of a slowdown, but still has its tense sections.  Mandy Patinkin continues to deliver.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Denis
    Topics:

Max Journey is riveting to watch. This season has been crazy good.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Two Minutes”

Synopsis; Upheaval in Washington brings an investigation to Kabul.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

This is turning out to be a stunning final season! Debora Kahn penned a fantastic episode tonight, with the tense Carrie/Saul confrontation being one of the series’s best. Max’s plight continues to fascinate me. I hope that Claire Danes returns to the lead actress drama Emmy lineup so badly! Carrie is 100% that bitch, truly!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    JulieF
    Topics:

Homeland is so brilliant. I am watching it while I am off work for 3 or more weeks due to COVID-19 school closures.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Cobalt Blue
    Topics:

This season’s on fire, three top notch episodes in a row – particularly, that Saul+Carrie confrontation was remarkable!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Fucker Shot Me”

Synopsis: Saul finds an unlikely ally. So does Carrie.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

I have seen the next four—well, I had to skip next week’s climactic episode because of technical difficulties. Hugh Dancy is in all of them, which means that he is on track to being in half of the season and ineligible as a guest. It is not a showy role though and he might never even share a scene with Carrie, being a special advisor to the president. These episodes do not reach the highs of the two-parter from a few weeks ago. It is maybe too much of Carrie just chasing the black box—action only works for so long without character-driven material to anchor it. I am going to be interviewing Costa Ronin soon.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

They really could have phoned it in for these last episodes, but this run-up has been insanely riveting from start to finish. Maybe nothing will ever rival the early Carrie/Brody years of “Homeland,” but it doesn’t really need to. That was then, and this is now. Poor Max. Poor Saul. Poor Carrie. And how did I miss that Hugh Dancy was guest-starring?!?! I should have seen this news from a Variety article or something. I don’t think Danes and Dancy will ever share a scene together based on character and location, but who knows? There’s always video conference calls lol.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Episode Title: “Threnody(s)”

Synopsis: Carrie waits. Wellington makes a discovery.

Discuss.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Bridgian
    Topics:

I had so many plot problems with this episode. Was fairly disappointed. Quite lazy writing.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Atypical
    Topics:

Oh MAX!!! That makes me so upset, tbough I had a sneaking suspicion this was where the story was heading. Finding that black, well red, box will be far more difficult than Carrie realizes. And okay Hugh Dancy, finally making a strong impression! This has been an incredible final season. The previews for next week look insane!

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

Alex Gansa & Howard Gordon are writing three episodes this season, including the finale. Also, next week’s episode. It’s weird that the last time they penned an episode together was “13 Hours in Islamabad” way back in season 4.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Riley Chow
    Topics:

Howard Gordon is always making new shows on the side and is not showrunner on Homeland anyway, but it is nice that he came back full-time for this final season. I like how relatively small the writing staff is this season, although it is too bad that they have two on staff who did not actually get to script any individual episode. This is Hugh Dancy’s tape if he somehow misses the finale and has an unceremonious exit in the penultimate episode.

ReplyCopy URL
    Profile picture
    Eden
    Topics:

This is Hugh Dancy’s tape if he somehow misses the finale and has an unceremonious exit in the penultimate episode.

Didn’t you say previously that he appears in all the remaining episodes thus making him ineligible for guess? I really hope he misses an episode.

And welcome back, you’ve been missed.

ReplyCopy URL
Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 102 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.